blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
Agree with all this, was a trainwreck. Luckily all 3 parts totalled not much more than an hour. Its still an hour i wont get back
If they cant find a good guest then just do a show with just Don, Sam and Rod.

Can't keep bringing back guys like Rex who is obviously unstable

Mar 28, 2006
POLICE STATE
AFL Club
Collingwood
Some weird part of my brain enjoys the inane, madcap ravings of the Rex Hunt episodes. As Rod said - the funniest part is listening to an exasperated Sam try to keep the show on the rails. I don't reckon I could take more than one or two of those episodes a year, however.

Personally, I'm just glad we have some sort of closure on the hot issue of the bus to Mount Gambier.

Maddaz

Debutant
Sep 19, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
I did enjoy Sam’s commentary bit in Part 1 lol. “Yaaaaaableeeeetttt! And Jizz Horn Camp has ironed out Gary Ablett” 😆

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Sam is loyal to Eddie and that’s fine with me.
I heard Sam’s saying it’s a disgrace. Probably attacking the vocal minority.
But Ed stepped down. He didn’t have to
I don't agree with everything Sam says or thinks, but I do admire his loyalty and disdain for the 'cancel culture'. It's a load of s**t IMO. It seems these days if you make a mistake, that's it, you're done and society shuns and disowns you. It's tall poppy syndrome taken to the iLevel. Black Mirror had a few episodes hinting at this kind of dystopia, it seems we are just arriving at this stop. All aboard. The court of public opinion has overtaken judicial court.

*I'm neither condoning or excusing Ed McG's history or behaviour, whatever happened there is not my point. It's the public witch hunts and cancelling I have a problem with.

I don't agree with everything Sam says or thinks, but I do admire his loyalty and disdain for the 'cancel culture'. It's a load of sh*t IMO. It seems these days if you make a mistake, that's it, you're done and society shuns and disowns you. It's tall poppy syndrome taken to the iLevel. Black Mirror had a few episodes hinting at this kind of dystopia, it seems we are just arriving at this stop. All aboard. The court of public opinion has overtaken judicial court.

*I'm neither condoning or excusing Ed McG's history or behaviour, whatever happened there is not my point. It's the public witch hunts and cancelling I have a problem with.

Im getting sick of the words/term "cancel culture". Its up there with "woke" and the once dominant "PC".

I respect what you're saying

Not having a go at you, just the increasing prevalence of the terms and their usage. Eventually they will lose their meaning

Back