Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

Im getting sick of the words/term "cancel culture". Its up there with "woke" and the once dominant "PC".

I respect what you're saying

Not having a go at you, just the increasing prevalence of the terms and their usage. Eventually they will lose their meaning
They meant nothing from the moment they were invented. Just terms campaigners use because they're angry they can't go round abusing people anymore.

I thought Sam was quite reasonable with the Lubumba takes, Rod Law kept him in check. I thought he would be unlistenable but kudos to him. Don with the pigs lol. I love that man
Yep rod is what Mike tried to be, good discussion as well on what you pointed out could have been a mind numbing topic.

"Oh fu** Buffalo Bill!"

Sam had no knowledge of the song. I'm sure he'd recognise it if played, it's from his era and very well known.

Sampled by Public Enemy in "He Got Game" too.

Don's music taste is better than Sam's :) Which bands did he say he listens too - The Who, The Doors??

Trying to listen today and... we're 5 minutes in and it's just self-indulgent pap.

It's not radio where they have to fill x minutes a day. 3 parts at 47 mins, 30 mins, 51 mins.

Christ! Fast forwarding through to find the meat...

It's been going a while and there are quite a few in jokes and bullshit they usually go on about.
I can see where people could get into it as background noise. The audio is pretty smooth. Just too much rambling for me.

Go back and listen to the old ones with Mike, they are way better. He keeps them on track about the point they are discussing and is good at bringing up relevant topics. It's just two dithering old fools now; Sam has completely lost his sharpness and really struggles to articulate himself aside from his five or so pet sayings. Yet there are a couple of laugh out loud moments each week to keep me coming back.

Mike was a scared fool who bumbled and stuttered about all kinds of boring crap, he isn't missed at all

As opposed to the other two? He at least had a journalistic bent and posed questions to the other two about what had gone on throughout the week. I agree he was hopeless at rebutting Sam’s opinions.

I can see where people could get into it as background noise. The audio is pretty smooth. Just too much rambling for me.

Don Scott is brilliant at times, has a bit of Karl Pilkington about him, you continually wonder whether he's taking the piss or if he's really that dumb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don Scott is brilliant at times, has a bit of Karl Pilkington about him, you continually wonder whether he's taking the piss or if he's really that dumb.
I've had the exact same thought, re Karl. He comes out with some rippers. His response to the pig story was hilarious.

I don’t know that it has a massive audience.

But the comment about Patton’s dick pic controversy that I found pretty awful was about the girl who charged $9.99 for dick pic comments. One of the lads suggested this hurt the stories of other girls who got unwanted dick pics.

Nobody took him up on that mind-numbingly stupid conversational thread.

But the comment about Patton’s dick pic controversy that I found pretty awful was about the girl who charged $9.99 for dick pic comments. One of the lads suggested this hurt the stories of other girls who got unwanted dick pics.

That was a strange one by Rod Laws, usually his views are opposing Sam and generally quite modern/left.

Sam’s comments asking for people in society who know Eddie McGuire such as Lindsay fox to come out and publicly vouch for the man is a good point.

But as no one has yet that I know of is actually really interesting.

I'm sure there are plenty who have reached out privately, I'm sure Ed and his mates know why they can't publicly support him.

So if they’re into recycling guests will they get Jeff Kennett again?

The Hawthorn great also left the door ajar to make a run at the board again.

Would love to see Don come off the long run

Because shes making a joke of it. I thought he meant that it was disrespectful to the other victims the fact that she was using it for publicity and the like.

Because shes making a joke of it. I thought he meant that it was disrespectful to the other victims the fact that she was using it for publicity and the like.
Consensual and non-consensual are two different things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back