Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

Michael Tuck was the guest today and I thought was quite good. Never been to most talkative bloke but he obviously has a good relationship with Don.

Really enjoyed Steve price. Never knew about his radio career. Rather successful man.
Agree. One of the best. Hearing the stories from the days when Sam and Rex were calling on 3AW were pissers.

On the Rex episodes last week though, I couldn't get through them. I just find him an annoying w***er these days.

Agree. One of the best. Hearing the stories from the days when Sam and Rex were calling on 3AW were pissers.

On the Rex episodes last week though, I couldn't get through them. I just find him an annoying w***er these days.
Rex tries too hard to be funny these days. I did like him back in the day

The podcast was all over the place this week First 5 mins was hilarious and i cant believe how well Sam took what Don did to him! Michael Tuck was ok.

Rex tries too hard to be funny these days. I did like him back in the day

The podcast was all over the place this week First 5 mins was hilarious and i cant believe how well Sam took what Don did to him! Michael Tuck was ok.
do not disagree with rex trying too hard. but the schtick worked in the 90s where he could go off tangent in a heartbeat at the footy, and it provided lulz.
i think the humour from this podcast was sam, don and rods silence at times. you could tell they were mouth agape.

do not disagree with rex trying too hard. but the schtick worked in the 90s where he could go off tangent in a heartbeat at the footy, and it provided lulz.
i think the humour from this podcast was sam, don and rods silence at times. you could tell they were mouth agape.
The problem with Rex is he kept telling the same couple of jokes over and over.

Yes Rex we got the Jizz Hornblower gag the first time you told it, got a bit tiresome on the 15th attempt.

I don't care for the content itself or the political/social views expressed. I like the podcast because it is such an odd/strange media product due to the personalities involved. Apart from Don's inability to speak into the microphone, it is a generally slick production - but unlike 99% of other podcasts that have a set running sheet and play it safe - this podcast as the potential to run completely off the rails every week (and often does). This is the way that Sam used to run the footy show - and I'd say it only works because Don is such an offbeat unit. I also find Don to generally be a decent interviewer for most guests they have on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Michael Tuck was ok.

Far better than the recent run of guests, who have been poor.

Genuine mateship between Tuck and Scott, you could tell Don really, really enjoyed having his mate there.

I never realised Tucky started off as a full-forward. I remember his incredible durability and fitness mostly, he was rake thin. Surprised to hear he was heavy on the grog too, for some reason he struck me as being very straight-laced. I suppose that was Leigh Matthews instead, who seemed the opposite!!

I don't care for the content itself or the political/social views expressed. I like the podcast because it is such an odd/strange media product due to the personalities involved. Apart from Don's inability to speak into the microphone, it is a generally slick production - but unlike 99% of other podcasts that have a set running sheet and play it safe - this podcast as the potential to run completely off the rails every week (and often does). This is the way that Sam used to run the footy show - and I'd say it only works because Don is such an offbeat unit. I also find Don to generally be a decent interviewer for most guests they have on.

Great post. When they go off track its genuine and not staged. The awkwardness, "are we actually on?", silliness that follows is lulz. And it works.

The policical/social stuff, it gets tiresome especially if you try to logically process it, and apply empathy. i.e. sam complains about the left saying/doing XYZ, but unable to acknowledge the right do the same.
but yeah i just listen, let to go through and then continue

I think Sam is going a bit soft. The harry O discussion saw he question why harry put chimp in his list of nicknames. Effectively....H calls himself that, so whats the issue? Fairly definitive POV.

Then....

He had a source who had the Record containing this evidence. Sam asks his source for a photo of the article. Source says no you cant have it. When asked why he wanted it, Sam insinuates in the interest of fairness to H aka wants to help him

My biggest laugh came at the end of part 2 when Don began his latest xmas gift weird fact. Was cracking up laughing at the lights and got some strange looks (maybe had the volume too loud)
The editing on that was perfect, intentional or not.

The best part about Don's weird facts is that he just starts asking them out of nowhere. Like they might be in the middle of a conversation about the pandemic and then Don will say something like What is the average penis size.

And then Sam having to remind him to give context that it is from the Xmas gift and Don getting annoyed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back