Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

Dan Moody

That, was liquid football
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
I do respect their discussions on icook foods. Good they are pushing it. I look forward to hopefully a resolution soon.
Very interesting what they said about Sutton being arrested on the Thursday. I had vaguely heard something that it had or was going to happen.

115.1 is the worst pod they've ever done dear god

yeah that was hard listening i admit.

is that the one that has five minutes of don eating cookies into the microphone?

for me, the beauty of this podcast is that it is a senile trainwreck.

trainwreck is a good way of putting it. When the talk about crap and essentually give each other s**t, it is funny.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lethal was good, probably the only bloke in the media when talking football that I’ll stop what I’m doing and give him my full attention.
I was disappointed because Don and MAtthews had lockers next to each other and never spoke for 15 years. You couldnt tell from the interview.cI was hoping for fireworks.
But it was ok for what it was

Dan Moody

Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was disappointed because Don and MAtthews had lockers next to each other and never spoke for 15 years. You couldnt tell from the interview.cI was hoping for fireworks.
Don seemed genuinely excited, his voice was elevated and he called him Barney a lot during the first half of the interview.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go Giants

Debutant
Feb 14, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

I have heard them both say many times they weren’t friends but no enemies either, just different personalities but they are fine with each other. Not everyone best friends when there’s 40 odd blokes. Everyone has different friendship groups.

Dan Moody

Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
That clip must be 15-20 years old! Pretty sure I heard Tony Martin play it on radio on very long time ago.

Part 1 today showed that they need a 'third wheel' to balance-out the podcast. At least their audio problems seemed to have been fixed!

I recalled hearing the clip about halfway through, couldn't remember where but when I heard Armageddon, I knew I'd heard it before. I was running whilst listening and still laughed out loud while listening, it also managed to throw my breathing out of sync while I was running. 😜

Dan Moody

Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interviewing a convicted wife basher probably the final straw for me ever bothering to listen to this podcast again.

I only managed to get through part 1 and a bit of part 2 but heard Sam say he had to take a call from legal because of their next interview. I will listen to it but if they are in the least bit sympathetic towards Stevens or go light on him then I'll reluctantly give the podcast the arse as well.

reubski23

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2009
Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tom Brady
Yeah I thought it was a great interview. There wasn’t any sympathy. The episodes missed Rocket that’s for sure - well 1 and 2. Rocket is purposely pretty quiet usually in episode 3 anyway.

I honestly love the podcast - as someone mentioned earlier part of its charm is the train wreckedness of the podcast.

I love how Sam has gone from on the record denying ever using cocaine to now open admitting he has used it

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I thought the Stevens interview would be soft but Sam really stuck it up him. Probably his finest interviewing moment on the podcast as far as i am concerned. Stevens contradicted himself a few times and you could tell he felt sorry for himself and not his ex partner. As for him trying to get back into coaching? players are banned for years all the time so yeah stuff him. do something else

Sam needed to speak into the microphone though!

Stottzy

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I thought the Stevens interview would be soft but Sam really stuck it up him. Probably his finest interviewing moment on the podcast as far as i am concerned. Stevens contradicted himself a few times and you could tell he felt sorry for himself and not his ex partner. As for him trying to get back into coaching? players are banned for years all the time so yeah stuff him. do something else

Sam needed to speak into the microphone though!

I would also like to know what country football club is paying 100k a year to coach so I can apply!!

Yeah I thought it was a great interview. There wasn’t any sympathy. The episodes missed Rocket that’s for sure - well 1 and 2. Rocket is purposely pretty quiet usually in episode 3 anyway.

I honestly love the podcast - as someone mentioned earlier part of its charm is the train wreckedness of the podcast.

I love how Sam has gone from on the record denying ever using cocaine to now open admitting he has used it

haha yes!!! with sam you must take what he says with salt grain at times. in this case haha.

has he booked in for the pfizer yet? im thinking he wont have the jab

Remove this Banner Ad

Back