Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Don't mind if they gave Ivan a chance, I prefer a 3rd voice to correct Don and Sam or pull them up on a topic they have no clue about.

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
Did Sam really say that hospitals are not taking in people who are unvaccinated.

Some of the things he is saying these days concerning Covid is a worry.

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Did Sam really say that hospitals are not taking in people who are unvaccinated.

Not gunna lie to you, but I hope that is a policy.
Their choice to not get it, no problem.
But they shouldn’t be tying up the medical care when they eventually succumb to it. That’s not fair.

Dan Moody

That, was liquid football
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's bullshit, hospitals are an essential service, they have to accept whether vaxed or not.
If supermarkets and banks can't refuse, then hospitals can't

torq

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not gunna lie to you, but I hope that is a policy.
Their choice to not get it, no problem.
But they shouldn’t be tying up the medical care when they eventually succumb to it. That’s not fair.

I agree but I know I'm a hypocrite as a long-term smoker who had outstanding and lifesaving treatment at a public hospital.
People like Sam Newman will never get it. One analogy for Covid vaccinations might be seatbelts; they don't save every life so what's the point of wearing them? Do your own research :rolleyes:

And George Calombaris, another quality guest. Garbage human who went to the same garbage school I did.

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
I agree but I know I'm a hypocrite as a long-term smoker who had outstanding and lifesaving treatment at a public hospital.
People like Sam Newman will never get it. One analogy for Covid vaccinations might be seatbelts; they don't save every life so what's the point of wearing them? Do your own research :rolleyes:

And George Calombaris, another quality guest. Garbage human who went to the same garbage school I did.
Was GC a turd in school?

torq

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Was GC a turd in school?

Didn't know him, different year. But it wouldn't surprise me. I went to school with many sons of Italian and Greek immigrants; most were okay but some were real dog turds.

I do wonder though how many more reputable guests turn down the offer to be on the podcast. How many of Sam's ex-colleagues or Don's ex-teammates have ever been on?

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Didn't know him, different year. But it wouldn't surprise me. I went to school with many sons of Italian and Greek immigrants; most were okay but some were real dog turds.

I do wonder though how many more reputable guests turn down the offer to be on the podcast. How many of Sam's ex-colleagues or Don's ex-teammates have ever been on?

Great question

Haven’t gotten to that bit yet. I doubt hospitals are rejecting unvaxxed. They may give preference to vaccinated perhaps. Dunno. M
I also don’t know if Sam is deadly serious with the negative slant on covid and vaccinations and doubts as suggested. I’ve said before he said he’s not anti vax but isn’t forthcoming with his vax status- that he’s been jabbed. Not sure it’s a privacy matter, but more to keep sections of the community onside so to speak.

Dan Moody

That, was liquid football
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
These guys have to stop interviewing muppets like Stevens and Calombaris. I know they think they may be trying to balance the ledger by giving both sides but these 2 were convicted of crimes of violence and deception. This is ruining the podcast we fell in love with tbh

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
Haven’t gotten to that bit yet. I doubt hospitals are rejecting unvaxxed. They may give preference to vaccinated perhaps. Dunno.
There is no way a hospital would turn away a patient whether they are vaccinated or not.

You see a bit in the press with a lot of the stats around who is in ICU with Covid split between vaccinated and unvaccinated with the majority being unvaccinated.

There is no way a hospital would turn away a patient whether they are vaccinated or not.

You see a bit in the press with a lot of the stats around who is in ICU with Covid split between vaccinated and unvaccinated with the majority being unvaccinated.
Absolutely right. and nor should they.
normal procedure triage employed. Thats all.

Cole Dammett

Backyard Cricket Hero
Apr 7, 2007
The Bay
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Bays - Giants - Bite
They're not really trying to get sponsors are they? The whole premise of the show is they can say what they want because they are beholden to any networks or sponsors

They're not really trying to get sponsors are they? The whole premise of the show is they can say what they want because they are beholden to any networks or sponsors
if you listen to the start of the pod "wanna advertise your business in an effective way? its time to give podcast advertising a try..."

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Ben Fordham is another motormouth from Sydney radio, but there is something likeable about him based on his banter in the podcast. Never listened to his radio show though - he took over from Alan Jones didn't he - is he just as conservative on air?

Ben Fordham is another motormouth from Sydney radio, but there is something likeable about him based on his banter in the podcast. Never listened to his radio show though - he took over from Alan Jones didn't he - is he just as conservative on air?

I like Fordham. Havent heard him on sydney radio, but from information gathered he took over from alan jones. hes a really likeable character. Has done well for himself, i think his fame took off when he was on channel 9 and the today show. a great platform for lauching a career as the lovable young male. Always smiling, there to pick up. the moods of viewers etc.

Stottzy

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I love the diversity of guest. Ya don't have to like them, but it's interesting to hear their side of it and then pass judgement, rather than listening to one-sided commentary from the corporate media. And Sam and Don are great interviewers.

George was scathing about Julia Gillard bringing in penalty rate laws for small businesses and Hospitality a decade ago. I've worked in Hospitality most my life and I find it hard to believe he was ignorant of not paying correctly. The industry is full of dodgy business owners.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
I love the diversity of guest. Ya don't have to like them, but it's interesting to hear their side of it and then pass judgement, rather than listening to one-sided commentary from the corporate media. And Sam and Don are great interviewers.

George was scathing about Julia Gillard bringing in penalty rate laws for small businesses and Hospitality a decade ago. I've worked in Hospitality most my life and I find it hard to believe he was ignorant of not paying correctly. The industry is full of dodgy business owners.
I believe he knew what he was doing, he has/had a bunch of restaurants, what's the issue? Simply put, if you don't want to pay the rates, don't open on those days. The "reason" why rates are high is because they substitute not having leave entitlements by paying penalty rates.

I once frequented a cafe, one day that upped the coffee on Saturdays by 20 cents on Saturday and 50 cents on Sundays, I'd assume to help subsidize the rates. I never went back after that, it's not the cost, it's the principal.

He's a slime ball, he mentioned that some kid didn't want to be paid x amount on Sundays, just wanted to work because that was the only day he could. Due to the fact he had a limited ability he wasn't rostered to work those shifts that required the rates. When he said he doesn't care he will work for x amount, George quickly changed his opinion.

He ******* knew what went on, don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

Stottzy

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I believe he knew what he was doing, he has/had a bunch of restaurants, what's the issue? Simply put, if you don't want to pay the rates, don't open on those days. The "reason" why rates are high is because they substitute not having leave entitlements by paying penalty rates.

I once frequented a cafe, one day that upped the coffee on Saturdays by 20 cents on Saturday and 50 cents on Sundays, I'd assume to help subsidize the rates. I never went back after that, it's not the cost, it's the principal.

He's a slime ball, he mentioned that some kid didn't want to be paid x amount on Sundays, just wanted to work because that was the only day he could. Due to the fact he had a limited ability he wasn't rostered to work those shifts that required the rates. When he said he doesn't care he will work for x amount, George quickly changed his opinion.

He ******* knew what went on, don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

Yeah and the comment "nobody in this country wants to work" was rubbish too. They do want to work, but they aren't gonna accept s@%t pay as oppose to backpackers/migrants, which I gather from that comment made up most of his staff.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Yeah and the comment "nobody in this country wants to work" was rubbish too. They do want to work, but they aren't gonna accept s@%t pay as oppose to backpackers/migrants, which I gather from that comment made up most of his staff.
Yeah, you could just tell the whole interview he was being dishonest. I know people who would work for bare minimum chips, blokes an absolute utensil.

Back