Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

TheExtractorFactor

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Knicks/Football Giants
Lol he reckons they did an audit off their own bat, found they were in the wrong and reported themselves to the authorities. Give me a spell. This guy is just a small angry man who is never wrong.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Lol he reckons they did an audit off their own bat, found they were in the wrong and reported themselves to the authorities. Give me a spell. This guy is just a small angry man who is never wrong.
I scoffed at that, blokes a liar, he was happy to pay a kid under the award rates because he didn't care and just wanted to work.

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
I believe he knew what he was doing, he has/had a bunch of restaurants, what's the issue? Simply put, if you don't want to pay the rates, don't open on those days. The "reason" why rates are high is because they substitute not having leave entitlements by paying penalty rates.

I once frequented a cafe, one day that upped the coffee on Saturdays by 20 cents on Saturday and 50 cents on Sundays, I'd assume to help subsidize the rates. I never went back after that, it's not the cost, it's the principal.

He's a slime ball, he mentioned that some kid didn't want to be paid x amount on Sundays, just wanted to work because that was the only day he could. Due to the fact he had a limited ability he wasn't rostered to work those shifts that required the rates. When he said he doesn't care he will work for x amount, George quickly changed his opinion.

He ******* knew what went on, don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

Look, when you have an operation that is more than one venue it is quite hard to get it right, all the time. That’s not necessarily on the owner of the group.

What the owner of the group should have is someone in place to ensure that they are complying.

That’s where he should be held to account.

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
The Calombaris interview was Sam doing his mate a solid. You don’t have to be a footballer to be in The Melbourne Boys Club , it would be a many and varied membership. Interesting , but not surprising , to see mcguire pulling a few strings for him as well. It’s not what you know, it’s who you know.

pride of the West

Senior List
May 15, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
It is interesting, and probably hypocritical, that Rocket returns and participates in an interview with a bloke that has been convicted of violence against a woman.
Perhaps but he hasn’t bashed a women multiple times any thing of that natural as he ? That’s what nicks been accused of

pride of the West

Senior List
May 15, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
I have faith Sam will get the jab, he's said all along he will. maybe blind faith.
Thing is he is probably gaining support from anti vaxxers so IF he is vaccinated he loses that. A vexed situation
The joke is on all of us he been
vaccinated for a little while now 😂

Sam just wanted him on so he could diss Greta. I love how she triggers all the deniers.

I’m neither here or there re Greta.
I did find interest when Sam called her and Biden fwits and all those at the summit but didn’t single out sco mo

Much needed it’s over due. Why can’t he get mike back ?
not like he’s on SEN any more

He’ll never go back. I asked him earlier this year and he mentioned this

The joke is on all of us he been
vaccinated for a little while now

Yes indeed. I have acknowledged this earlier.
Rod also mentioned it and asked why Sam doesn’t advise listeners of his status

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
I’m neither here or there re Greta.
I did find interest when Sam called her and Biden fwits and all those at the summit but didn’t single out sco mo

He’ll never go back. I asked him earlier this year and he mentioned this

Yes indeed. I have acknowledged this earlier.
Rod also mentioned it and asked why Sam doesn’t advise listeners of his status
They both seem happy to smash the VIC government but never have a crack at Scomo and his slimy mates

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Much needed it’s over due. Why can’t he get mike back ?
not like he’s on SEN any more

Sheahan said he basically couldn't be bothered dealing with any fallout when Sam says something controversial, he's too old to put up with that s**t, fair enough I guess.

Hopefully they can get Fordham on weekly, he seems like a good performer and I reckon he'll get some more gold out of Don.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
The Calombaris interview was Sam doing his mate a solid. You don’t have to be a footballer to be in The Melbourne Boys Club , it would be a many and varied membership. Interesting , but not surprising , to see mcguire pulling a few strings for him as well. It’s not what you know, it’s who you know.
did you miss the several times in the interview when Sam said he'd never met George before, which George confirmed?

TheExtractorFactor

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Knicks/Football Giants
Sam may not know George personally, but there's nothing the right love more at the moment than taking up the cause of someone who has been 'cancelled'; so having him on suited his narrative perfectly.

Back