Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

did you miss the several times in the interview when Sam said he'd never met George before, which George confirmed?
So calembaros and head man of The Melbourne boys club mcguire go for a stroll around town. mcguire who is more connected than an over worked electrician, puts him in contact with some multi millionaire down on the peninsula who runs a restaurant.
You want to explain your side of the wage theft controversy George ? I’ll get my mate Sam On his Poddy, to , as Sam quite often says “ throw up a few Dorothy Dixers” and you can half volley them to the boundary.
This is how the Melbourne Boys Club operates and how mcguire did his mate “ a solid”
Get it now stroker ?

Last edited:

So calembaros and head man of The Melbourne boys club mcguire go for a stroll around town. mcguire who is more connected than an over worked electrician, puts him in contact with some multi millionaire down on the peninsula who runs a restaurant.
You want to explain your side of the wage theft controversy George ? I’ll get my mate Sam On his Poddy, to , as Sam quite often says “ throw up a few Dorothy Dixers” and you can half volley them to the boundary.
This is how the Melbourne Boys Club operates and how mcguire did his mate “ a solid”
Get it now stroker ?

I have now listened to the episode. I acknowledge sam mentions many times early on he and george have never met. ill give him the benefit of the doubt. but being mates with eddie, there is a connection of sorts albeit indirectly.

george did acknowledge his misdemeanour incidents (payment of team members - not staff). i found it interesting that sam retorted with other companies do the same thing (qantas, bunnings, the ABC). when these were glossed over he repeated ABC again. crickets. Does it (others doing the same) make GC innocent - i got the impression sam was suggesting this.

From AFL.com on Hawks AGM.

“The Hawks announced on Tuesday night that three-time premiership skipper and 302-game player Don Scott had changed his mind and had now accepted the invitation to become a Legend of the club. The formal ceremony will take place at an event next year.”

From AFL.com on Hawks AGM.

“The Hawks announced on Tuesday night that three-time premiership skipper and 302-game player Don Scott had changed his mind and had now accepted the invitation to become a Legend of the club. The formal ceremony will take place at an event next year.”
I bet Sam got in his ear to accept. He deserves it more than anyone at any club i reckon. Not many people around that saved their club.

I bet Sam got in his ear to accept. He deserves it more than anyone at any club i reckon. Not many people around that saved their club.
Exactly. Say what you want about Don

- dumb as dog s**t
- eyes spinning like Catherine wheels

he saved the hawks when the melbourne demons voted to merge.

todays ep will be funny. i expect sam to play some royal, regal song introducing don

Get it now stroker ?

Very plausible and the bit about the new job is true

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All episodes very good this week, have barely been able to get through them recently but this week they flowed well and less insane ranting from Sam.
Ivan is going well. Even if he is annoying Donl lol
I wish Sam would let Don do the interviewing for half the interview then take over. Don asks good questions for the people who have little clue on the subject at hand. Sam comes in with the Dorothy Dixers to push his agenda which is annoying.

and Sam saying its not nice calling Ivan Ivan Milat so they should call him Ivan the terrible cos Ivan the terrible was less offensive is hilarious
Just a snippet from wikipedia

Contemporary sources present disparate accounts of Ivan's complex personality. He was described as intelligent and devout but also prone to paranoia, rage, and episodic outbreaks of mental instability that increased with age.[6][7][8] In one fit of anger, he murdered his eldest son and heir, Ivan Ivanovich, and he might also have caused the miscarriage of the latter's unborn child. This left his younger son, the politically ineffectual Feodor Ivanovich, to inherit the throne, a man whose rule and subsequent childless death directly led to the end of the Rurikid dynasty and the beginning of the Time of Troubles.

Engaging interview with Stan the artist. Enjoying the chat. Interesting pov that governments should stop mining in certain areas. Waiting for sam to query that.

Renaming of street names to aboriginal names. Sam and on raised this recently which is a good discussion point. When Stan says it should continue (renaming) I found it’s disappointing that Sam did not argue the point

Engaging interview with Stan the artist. Enjoying the chat. Interesting pov that governments should stop mining in certain areas. Waiting for sam to query that.

Renaming of street names to aboriginal names. Sam and on raised this recently which is a good discussion point. When Stan says it should continue (renaming) I found it’s disappointing that Sam did not argue the point

Really enjoying this one. Sam asking good questions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back