Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

Just catching up on last weeks episodes, so Sam has been chatting to Rita Panahi and Don wants Peta Credlin on and Paul Murray listens to the podcast.

Would be good if they got someone on who has a different view to them who can challenge them on a lot of the crap Sam sprouts.

Would be good if they got someone on who has a different view to them who can challenge them on a lot of the crap Sam sprouts.

After 35+ years in the caper, you'd think that Sam knows that contrast and even a little "conflict" makes for good listening content. But instead he just gets more of the same on every week and the aim is reinforce each other's opinions. The Vic pollie on this week was a gasbag.

Gord, Sam always seems to get quiet-talkers on. Does he not give them headphones? I've returned to recording the shows on tape, because it's much easier to continually adjust the volume on my Walkman than it is on a mobile :D

Gord, Sam always seems to get quiet-talkers on. Does he not give them headphones? I've returned to recording the shows on tape, because it's much easier to continually adjust the volume on my Walkman than it is on a mobile :D
You cannot be serious. You mean casette tape?

I've just gotten through listening to the first 50 episodes again. Imo the ones with Mike were the best, he brought a more balanced dynamic and helped them cover some more umm, intellectual/pressing issues as well as more footy related stuff. Plus he and Sam play off each other so well. So many funny af moments. They had some great guests as well, that Rex Hunt episode was all sorts of crazy. Well worth listening to again.

Last edited:

I've just gotten through listening to the first 50 episodes again. Imo the ones with Mike were the best, he brought a more balanced dynamic and helped them cover some more umm, intellectual/pressing issues as well as more footy related stuff. Plus he and Sam play off each other so well. So many funny af moments. They had some great guests as well, that Rex Hunt episode was all sorts of crazy. Well worth listening to again.
mikes downfall is that outside of AFL he doesnt know much about other sports

i think the grant mike and sam was a great combo

dons not bad , I just thought the show flowed better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah they were very good too. Goodluck finding more than the 2 episodes of Sam, Mike & Thomo that are out there. I have about 20 episodes saved to my phone only because a friend had them downloaded to his computer. Other than that, they are basically nowhere to be found.

Yep, cassettes and Walkmans. :D They have some advantages
Fair enough haha. I do have memories of casettes in mum's car and my first car had a tape deck. Still have my old walkman(discman) somewhere I think!

And i thought I was old school still using my 2012 ipod nano 😆 (Awesome for running listening to podcasts and music connected to air pods pro!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back