Roast You didn't trade Sam Hayes, maybe not so muppetty after all

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Mayes...sure.

but we are so close to a premiership

we need to stick with all of gray, boak, dixon, mckenzie, mayes, lycett and motlop rather than developing a line up that resembles a football team

Id even accept Fabian Deluca at this point

Teackle for me if you want to keep the pressure around the ground

Can clunk one up forward (Lycett lol) and is mobile enough too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol I'm pretty sure Dixon didn't see any ruck contests in the 4th after a scintillating 3rd quarter in the rucks where he almost single handedly carried our comeback
Dixon was limping badly early in the 4th before going off and then coming back.

That's why he didn't ruck.

It's also all the more reason to play an actual ruck so that 1 injury doesn't kill you. Again.

Better than having zero awareness and getting tackled from behind 3 times a game like our current starting ruck

Look I agree itā€™s staggering to opt to pick Finlayson as a ruck but I also accept that Hayes offers nothing outside the odd tap to advantage. Hayes needs to offer more to be considered an upgrade.

Look I agree itā€™s staggering to opt to pick Finlayson as a ruck but I also accept that Hayes offers nothing outside the odd tap to advantage. Hayes needs to offer more to be considered an upgrade.
Give the kid a chance to develop that part of his game at AFL level. We pick short people and show them inordinate amounts of patience when they do sweet f-all. Do the same with Hayes.

Give the kid a chance to develop that part of his game at AFL level. We pick short people and show them inordinate amounts of patience when they do sweet f-all. Do the same with Hayes.

Club knows his fitness levels arenā€™t up to it. They take all sorts of scientific recordings.

Club knows his fitness levels arenā€™t up to it. They take all sorts of scientific recordings.
I wouldn't trust our fitness staff as far as you could throw them.

You learn nothing in the SANFL ambling around on fat rucks like Redden, Sam needs to play at AFL level to develop match fitness & learn from playing on experienced ruckmen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back