You have been put in charge for the day, you can make two decisions...

Remove this Banner Ad

Off Field

This will clearly be unpopular, but I despise the chevrons. Born from the minimalist dreams of an advertising mogul, the design at the time was a decent attempt at an overall club rebrand, which did help reinvigorate the club's image.

But now all I see if a vapid, meaningless design feature that's like a default selection for a nondescript 'sports team'. The white away uniform is the weakest in the league and it's the one we'll play every grand final in.

I'd at least like a change to the monogram of the anchor through the 'D' like our training shirts from a few years back. It's fascinating to me that a club that is crowdsourcing it's financial survival is ignoring a key technique of revenue raising, by changing the official shirt year to year, a strategy that is employed by every behemoth sporting organisation.

It's a fundamental of fast fashion and the modern cycles of consumerism. Whether you like it the design or not, it gives me a migraine that they keep rolling out this dainty purple sock with three inexplicable white triangles on it and then expect the supporter base to pony up $120 for a jumper that has been identical for 11 years now.

On Field

I'd be looking at integrating Chapman onto the wing for brief stints there as soon as possible. He can provide a real point of difference in that position and an early education there will provide us with real flexibility in the future, given we know he has the scope to play in defence if needed.

It's fascinating to me that a club that is crowdsourcing it's financial survival is ignoring a key technique of revenue raising, by changing the official shirt year to year, a strategy that is employed by every behemoth sporting organisation.

Hear, hear. I got both white and purple chevron guernseys and don’t see the point in buying another one and that was years ago.

Off Field

This will clearly be unpopular, but I despise the chevrons. Born from the minimalist dreams of an advertising mogul, the design at the time was a decent attempt at an overall club rebrand, which did help reinvigorate the club's image.

But now all I see if a vapid, meaningless design feature that's like a default selection for a nondescript 'sports team'. The white away uniform is the weakest in the league and it's the one we'll play every grand final in.

I'd at least like a change to the monogram of the anchor through the 'D' like our training shirts from a few years back. It's fascinating to me that a club that is crowdsourcing it's financial survival is ignoring a key technique of revenue raising, by changing the official shirt year to year, a strategy that is employed by every behemoth sporting organisation.

It's a fundamental of fast fashion and the modern cycles of consumerism. Whether you like it the design or not, it gives me a migraine that they keep rolling out this dainty purple sock with three inexplicable white triangles on it and then expect the supporter base to pony up $120 for a jumper that has been identical for 11 years now.

On Field

I'd be looking at integrating Chapman onto the wing for brief stints there as soon as possible. He can provide a real point of difference in that position and an early education there will provide us with real flexibility in the future, given we know he has the scope to play in defence if needed.
Chapman's kicking needs a mountain of work before he gets to the wing.

Off Field

On Field

And there I was think the Chevrons were a part of Fremantle football history as worn by the first FFC in the 1890s, and by far the best jumper design in our history. I like that we don't go the fast buck route of changing our jumper design every year!

On a few notes. Chapman is not anywhere near ready for a winger role and I would rather have him as a mobile HB for when wee wise up and sack some hanger ons and recruit smarter without Board influence.
The chevron isnt terrible but the anchor definitely should be the derby guernsey.

1. Get Kirk back.
2. Put players on notice (about 6 of them want to get paid for nothing recently, even in the winning games a few of them were carried) and leave position players in their best positions. Not where they think they want a new medal.

Off field - A purple guernsey with the logo (anchor with the D intwined) in white should be our main strip. Start our own tradition- the chevrons are from over 100 years ago before East and South were even clubs. That original Freo club is nothing at all to do with us. For the clash strip use either red, blue or green as the main colour with a purple logo. White as the main colour sucks!

On field I still think we’re on the right track so wouldn’t make any changes but I’d be making sure that every individual that had anything to do with yesterday’s game heavily reviews their performance and comes up with answers or learnings on how they can help the team avoid a similar performance in the future.

Last edited:
On field - I would be brutal on Lobb, he deserves very little money when his contract comes up again. Read the riot act and drop this week, see how he responds. He is a massive flop and is the guy we need to stand up.

Off field - I like the jumpers we have but I think every season or two we need to bring an old jumper out for our own retro round. It’ll make some cash, bring out the older players, tell some stories. Home or away it doesn’t bother me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off-field:
Remove anyone who is still at the club who had anything to do with the decision-making from the 2015 post-season to the 2016 post-season. Not only was 2016 a bad year itself, but the whole thought-process during that time has lead us down to this mire we are now in.

On-field:
Skillz. There is a lot that goes on under the label of "skill", but for me this is about being able to retain posession when we win it and to be accurate when kicking for goal. No player is as good as you think if they have poor ball handling skills.

Off field

Get rid of the song. It makes me cringe every time I hear it and you can tell the players just go through the motions when they have to sing it.

So un-inspiring just rambling nonsense. Makes me mad that when they did a review there was nothing decent that got presented and the Giants came up with a ripper shortly after.

On Field

Take the game on! Be fierce and Entertain!

It makes me shudder to think of it, but as well as the "standard" anchor and the chevrons, there was that other "anchor" jumper

That was a weird time for guernseys for all clubs. Not gonna lie, I would pay top dollar for that guernsey. One of those “so bad it has charm” type things.

That was a weird time for guernseys for all clubs. Not gonna lie, I would pay top dollar for that guernsey. One of those “so bad it has charm” type things.
It was like we got this Graphic Design student on practicum, and they came up with that. And then straight away afterwards they withdrew from their course because they worked out during during their time with us that Graphic Design wasn't actually their thing.

Outside -
* Club song.

* Don’t need to overhaul the guernsey but get creative and make limited edition jumpers that embraces our heritage or a milestone, etc. Just for one round. Port made 200k profit with their limited edition prison bar guernsey last season.

Inside

* Become a club that embraces the draft. No more messiah trades. Investing heavily in talent scouts and future picks, give it a go for a good ten years.

Off Field:
1. Change the name from Dockers. Not sure what to though. Have always disliked the name.
2. Each week have one or two supporters speak to the playing group about what the club means to them, build up some spirit around the place.
3. Before big games have past players speak to the playing group about having pride in themselves and the club.

Onfield:
1. Get some agro into JLO. Needs to provide both instrinsic motivation and fear motivation to the players (5:1 ratio is generally the rule)

Off field, it has to be the board. Get rid of the lot of them and start again, we have a second rate president and a board that worries too much about intersectionality and not enough about intercept marking.

On field, are we the worst tackling team in the AFL? It certainly feels like it watching games. Get some mongrel into the tackle.

1. Commit to a rebuild. Anyone older than 26 is off told that we are looking to rebuild, and if they want to chase a flag we will support them in this move.
2. Lobb is sent to WAFL, Treacy is new the new CHF/Ruck. Henry starts on the Wing, Sturt forward flank.
3. Place young and Hill on LTI, with the plan to take two picks in the mid season draft.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back