You have been put in charge for the day, you can make two decisions...

Remove this Banner Ad

Off field: Learn how to cheat the salary cap like West Coast.

On field: I’d make Luke Ryan captain. . . Yeah I said it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off

Entice Brian Cook and/or Neil Balme over for a swansong tilt at organising a flag-winning operation.

On

Execute one to educate many. Yes, I would select a player at random and sacrifice him in front of his teammates. Probably at halftime. Instead of lollies and a rundown.

It's that important.

On field, Fyfe & Brayshaw co captains next year with Brayshaw to take over in 23. Take some pressure off Fyfe next year with role share & equally lessen the pressure on Andy for when he takes over.

Off field, dedicated stoppages & strategies coach, that’s his only job. Dave Mundy please.

Off field

Get rid of the song. It makes me cringe every time I hear it and you can tell the players just go through the motions when they have to sing it.

So un-inspiring just rambling nonsense. Makes me mad that when they did a review there was nothing decent that got presented and the Giants came up with a ripper shortly after.

On Field

Take the game on! Be fierce and Entertain!
The boys sing it as Chorus X2, which sounds like s**t like that and so simplistic. It needs to be sung as Verse, Chorus, which would sound much better imo. As to which verse? Well, I'm easy.

On AOSP on Manta using BigFooty.com mobile app

On field, Fyfe & Brayshaw co captains next year with Brayshaw to take over in 23. Take some pressure off Fyfe next year with role share & equally lessen the pressure on Andy for when he takes over.

Off field, dedicated stoppages & strategies coach, that’s his only job. Dave Mundy please.
Right track but Fyfe and Ryan
Then Ryan / Brayshaw when Fyfe leaves

Off field, it has to be the board. Get rid of the lot of them and start again, we have a second rate president and a board that worries too much about intersectionality and not enough about intercept marking.

Absolutely, a whole bunch of business and sporting nobodies who care more about the image of the club than the performance of it, not that they would know what to do to improve that.
A lot of them seem to be there from 2016 onwards, 5 years is a large enough body of work to see we’ve been just as much pushovers off the field as on since then. Time to go.

It needs to be sung as Verse, Chorus, which would sound much better imo. As to which verse? Well, I'm easy.
The first verse from the original song would be a good start. (One could tweak the lyrics if desired but you get the general gist.)

[VERSE 1]
We're the rollers, we're the rockers,
We're the mighty Freo Dockers.
We're gonna roll them and we'll rock em,
We're gonna send them to the bottom
And if they get up, we'll do it again.
The Dockers stop at nothing, nothing!

[CHORUS]
Freo Way To Go
Hit Em Real Hard
Send Them Down Below
Freo Give em The Old Heave-Ho
We Are The Freo Dockers

Last edited:
Other people's suggestions would be better for actually having an impact, but anyway ...

Off field
Create a position for musical director and employ myself. Services will be provided free of charge. In: Jimi, Gogol Bordello, new club song. Out: Guitar man (unless he can play Jimi properly), Queen, Chili Peppers, whoever decided to play Purple Rain, current club song.

P.S. Stop bombarding the instagram feed with highlights as if the team has not just been belted. It's not a participation sport where the score doesn't matter.

On field
Stop playing so many short people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To paraphrase Jack Nicklaus, it's funny, the harder I work, the luckier I get.

I don't think we're unlucky, just sh*t
Have to wonder how some players have lower limb injuries yet still have upper bodies like boys.
We have one genuine gym junkie in Fyfe.
Who is the next beast?
An 18 year old Treacy?

Off field - hire Clarkson or Hardwick together with the most clinical, non-emotive list manager.....quite simply we will no longer maintain players on the list because they are good blokes or will come good, nor will we fund retirements. I also wish we could remove some deadwood and tokenism from our board. There are many other off field areas we could improve.

On field - we are not winning a flag in the next two years, so blood as much youth as possible every week. This means getting as many games into Treacy, Western, Henry, valente, NOD, and sturt (when fully fit) etc in addition to those players 23 and under already in the seniors. Let's finally commit to a rebuild instead of a half a$$ed mish mash approach which sees us stuck in a 9-14 place finish. If this means some senior players we have/do love need to move on, so be it. My key theme for both on and off-field is to be more ruthless - professional sport is a business. We have only had rare moments of being ruthless in our entire history and it has gotten us nowhere, given we haven't been consistent in this respect.

Off field - hire Clarkson or Hardwick together with the most clinical, non-emotive list manager.....quite simply we will no longer maintain players on the list because they are good blokes or will come good, nor will we fund retirements. I also wish we could remove some deadwood and tokenism from our board. There are many other off field areas we could improve.

On field - we are not winning a flag in the next two years, so blood as much youth as possible every week. This means getting as many games into Treacy, Western, Henry, valente, NOD, and sturt (when fully fit) etc in addition to those players 23 and under already in the seniors. Let's finally commit to a rebuild instead of a half a$$ed mish mash approach which sees us stuck in a 9-14 place finish. If this means some senior players we have/do love need to move on, so be it. My key theme for both on and off-field is to be more ruthless - professional sport is a business. We have only had rare moments of being ruthless in our entire history and it has gotten us nowhere, given we haven't been consistent in this respect.
11 of our players on the weekend were 23 or under. thats half....
It will likely be 12-13 this week.

Fyfe, Barlow came back from a broken, fractured leg.
Worked even harder to get stronger.
Competitive beasts, who want to be the best.
Sure we have got a few solid citizens, but on the whole it’s
boys vs men.
There is no way we will make a GF let alone win one without bullying teams.

On field I’d be getting games into the youth such as Treacy, Western, Valente, Sturt (injured again, wow what a shock), Thomas, Duman etc.
Wilson and Lobb in particular can go back to Peel and learn to give consistent effort and play for the jumper instead of the pay cheque. Also, Mundy needs to go to a forward pocket as he is playing a big bodied mid role where we currently have no experienced options to replace him with. I love Mundy and think what he is doing this year is incredible but it’s a bit of an indictment on everyone around him that a 36 year old midfielder is currently the best player in a team 6 years into a rebuild. Get Valente into that role once fit or trade him home to Adelaide for the sake of everyone.

Off field I’d love to find a way to beam my personal experience of the past 26 years into the collective consciousness’ of the players. Maybe then they’d realise how privileged they are to be custodians of the jumper. Maybe the penny would drop that they may be Freo for 10 years and then move on in life but they currently hold the hopes and dreams of a shipload of members and supporters who are Freo for life. Efforts like Sunday tell me that they don’t all bleed purple like we do and it hurts my heart.

1 Sack the person who decided to put me in charge even on a very short term contract
Dump that ‘ forever freo’ slogan it gives me the chills

2 Put 3-4 players on the LTI before the MSD even if it hurts their feelings and get the tallest fastest strongest most athletic African decent lads out there on the list even if they don’t quite know how to football yet

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Off Field - Get Dean Solomon who along with Josh Carr needs to teach mongrel to our lads.

On Field - Move Aish back, Freddy to the wing, Conca to the middle.

Off field. Employ a sas sniper to move around the crowd pinging any player who is standing around looking at turf, chasing like a wounded sloth or tackling with the intent of a bored 10 year old with a marble from a paint ball gun.

On field. See above

Remove this Banner Ad

Back