You have the power to bring back 3 retired Dockers, who would you choose?

Remove this Banner Ad

For non football reasons, I'd like to "bring back" -
Quenton Leach
Shane Yarran and
Gary Dhurrkay.

All of them taken too soon.

*Colin Sylvia also - but I still think of him as a MFC player.

Pavlich
McPharlin
Paul Duffield

Hmmmm....interesting question.

I'll go with Bennell first. I think a non-injury prone Bennell would have thrived in a forward line rotation with the likes of Pav and Walters. I'll never forget that highlight package of him single-handedly destroying the Cats, I think it was 2014 if memory serves me right. Kicked 6 and just looked unstoppable. Shame the way things played out, real shame.

I think Pav has to be recalled, I mean....it's Matthew Pavlich! Nuff said.

And lastly I'd recall Duffield as I loved his game and his blonde look, purely on a non-gay heterosexual level. This didn't end well for me, I think....

Carry on

Pav we desperately need a number one key forward
Sandi- an absolutely gun ruckman feeding the up and coming mids
Wiz- pure selfish choice (plus he is actually a GOAL KICKING small fwd)

Other considerations
Roger Hayden- Shut down small defender who could rebound (bit of an upgrade from Conca)
Clive- for the pure chaos in the fwd line and a mid size fwd who is a hard match up
Jlo- Great fwd/ruck upgrade of Lobb and a pivotal position in modern footy
Clem Michael- Just to see him play injury free- could have been anything

If our current B22 was set:

Farmer - need another small forward
Kickett - our transition would be so good. Plus we need some erm, enforcer type players
Barlow - would help keep Fyfe forward

Other considerations (shortlist if B22 was irrelevant)

Pav - enough said
McPharlin - as above
Hayden - as above
Duffield - as above
Cook - as above
Sandi/JLo - as above
Modra - could you imagine him now

Then there's the X factor type guys or workhorses that you'd love to see back - Kepler, Clive, McManus, Ibbo, S.Parker, Fletcher, Wills, Bell (could be in shortlist)

This thread is just one big nostalgia trip!

(at the peak of their powers I assume ~25yo + to be included within our current team) = Pav Modra Wizard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmmm....interesting question.

I'll go with Bennell first. I think a non-injury prone Bennell would have thrived in a forward line rotation with the likes of Pav and Walters. I'll never forget that highlight package of him single-handedly destroying the Cats, I think it was 2014 if memory serves me right. Kicked 6 and just looked unstoppable. Shame the way things played out, real shame.

I think Pav has to be recalled, I mean....it's Matthew Pavlich! Nuff said.

And lastly I'd recall Duffield as I loved his game and his blonde look, purely on a non-gay heterosexual level. This didn't end well for me, I think....

Carry on
No it didn’t... you know there’s a back button, right?

Pav
Sandi
Johno ( don't need backs but I just loved his grit and leadership)

Prime Stephen Hill any day of the week
Luke McPharlin for gut running and inspiration

Good question MrDanggazz!

In my version I bargain with the footy gods. I can only choose one player but I can choose him however many times I want. And given there one person who is AA as a defender, forward, interchange and impacted in midfield, the answer is obvious:

1614818535212.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back