You idiot

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate Caro. The ribbing she got was nothing compared to what most of the other personalities get. You want your ____ing ugly head on TV prepare to take the heat.

How about the Gary Lyon body hair jokes? Dunstall gorilla jokes? Would she rather have stuff like these -- They would be just as funny if applied to her.

It's a joke. This would never have happened 5 years ago. World is going mad. I can't stand this PC bullshit. Where will it end?

where you can call a spade a spade, instead it has to be some PC way of describing it without actually saying what it is.:thumbsdown: and i just sat on my balls, AHHH THE PAIN!!!!:mad:

Now all they need to do is get rid of some of those crap segments and talk more about the upcoming footy games and footy issues and it might become a descent show.

I think Sam has been there too long anyway, he is boring and predictable and I don't understand the appeal.

but for the easily entertained, about 80% of the ferals on this site, who love fart jokes and boorish sexist humour about big bazookas and fat arses he's "hilarious" "he's so smart isn't he, the way he makes fun of all the people on the street" yeah right, l've got a block of 4x2 in my garage thats smarter than Sam..

but for the easily entertained, about 80% of the ferals on this site, who love fart jokes and boorish sexist humour about big bazookas and fat arses he's "hilarious" "he's so smart isn't he, the way he makes fun of all the people on the street" yeah right, l've got a block of 4x2 in my garage thats smarter than Sam..

And you letting it go to waste in your garage when it could be out making millions od dollars like sam?

Now who's the smart one?

This is a fair piece of spin, isn't it?

Firstly, the suspension of Sam is ridiculous - the incident happened two months ago and they're only acting now? Were they surprised by Sam's behaviour? Surely he gets paid to push the envelope.

Secondly, that they've attempted to paint this being as driven by concerns about Sam's health is absurd. Did he show up for work pretending to be fine, only for management to later twig that he was in fact gravely ill and needed time off?

How gullible do these spin doctors think people are?

The moment I read the words about the ANZ Bank withdrawing its sponsorship I didn't need any further explanation. These people make all decsisions based on money. Simple as that.

The problem is all the feminists that can’t just accept that s**t happens and that not everyone thinks about things the same way

He is the only amusing one on the show for his stupidity and fights with other guests and taking him off the show will make it dull and boring

nick off sam !! close the door one the way out. footy show has been crap for years

As one woman who's stopped watching, I'll just say that my ditching the show has a little to do with Sam, a lot to do with Garry's defence of him, and a huge amount to do with how little they talk about football at the moment.

Sam taking a longer break is sensible, he's had his moments but the show has been wandering too much onto personal stunts involving ex-players, not leaving enough focus on games and current players.

It's a start, but they might take the opportunity to look at how to get back to more of what most people are interested in.

The problem is all the feminists that can’t just accept that s**t happens and that not everyone thinks about things the same way

He is the only amusing one on the show for his stupidity and fights with other guests and taking him off the show will make it dull and boring

You think there's a problem with feminists generalising? Priceless.

i'll tell you what the real problem with Sam has been the last few weeks. He just hasn't let it go.

Ok he did his little Caro stunt. I thought it was s**t and incredibly unfunny. But that's Sam. He shoots a lot, sometimes he scores, sometimes he doesn't. We love him for at least stirring the pot.

Then there was all the controversy. Fine, stick to your guns, Sam. Take a stab back. We all expect you to do it.

But he's just gone on and on and on about it. I'm sick of Sam spending 5-15 minutes of each show acting like a little brat bitching and moaning about women and the Age etc. It's just boring, self-indulgent rubbish.

If something happens like the petition, sure have a go, Sam. But take 1 minute doing it, not 15. And when nothing happens don't just keep going on and on about The Age. No one gives a fcuk about your vendettas, you decrepid old coot. We want to watch you talk about football.

Sam is getting too cranky and old. And he's developed an unhealthy fixation with anyone who ever criticises him. It's a shame, but it happens to all of us eventually. It is time he was put out to pasture.

I reckon replace him with Dunstall. He has a pretty good line in cranky straight shooter too. And he knows a shitload more about modern footy than Sam does. I reckon even Aker would do better than Sam these days.

What he said :thumbsu:

I hate Carro. They call Nick Stevns fat on BTG, BTG has Sam Lane going overboard.
Carro consistently bags footballers saying they're too fat, not enough skill, don't try etc. Nothing gets done about.
While Sam Newman takes the micky from Carro and she acts like a pig! Like others have mentioned the Footy Show bags out Dunstall, Lyon, Brayshaw etc consistently but no one cares. World is going mad! :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'll tell you what the real problem with Sam has been the last few weeks. He just hasn't let it go.

Ok he did his little Caro stunt. I thought it was s**t and incredibly unfunny. But that's Sam. He shoots a lot, sometimes he scores, sometimes he doesn't. We love him for at least stirring the pot.

Then there was all the controversy. Fine, stick to your guns, Sam. Take a stab back. We all expect you to do it.

But he's just gone on and on and on about it. I'm sick of Sam spending 5-15 minutes of each show acting like a little brat bitching and moaning about women and the Age etc. It's just boring, self-indulgent rubbish.

If something happens like the petition, sure have a go, Sam. But take 1 minute doing it, not 15. And when nothing happens don't just keep going on and on about The Age. No one gives a fcuk about your vendettas, you decrepid old coot. We want to watch you talk about football.

Sam is getting too cranky and old. And he's developed an unhealthy fixation with anyone who ever criticises him. It's a shame, but it happens to all of us eventually. It is time he was put out to pasture.

I reckon replace him with Dunstall. He has a pretty good line in cranky straight shooter too. And he knows a shitload more about modern footy than Sam does. I reckon even Aker would do better than Sam these days.

+1..

Prepare yourself for the indignant outrage from the lovers of adolescent humour.

It was only a matter of time before the fool was axed from the show, and he only has himself to blame.

The sad part about it is that he could be entertaining at times ...he just never knew where to draw the line ...and had a childish slant on what is funny, and what is just plain senseless stupidity.

Agree:thumbsu:

I dont want to listen to your opinionated bullshit anymore Sam.
You stopped being funny years ago.

Next!

ever since lyon and brayshaw have been hostin the show, it has been tripe. its the same jokes every week and it was getting predictable.

anway. its a bit rich to axe him from the show now, when they let all the other things he did in the past. when they let them slide. he probably should have been axed after the nicky winmar thing, but they let that slide

Gunnar, mOnty and Adelaide Hawk are on the money.

On air Newmans a grotty clown. FWIW I have heard he's a decent and considerate friend, at least to his male friends. However on air he's boring and silly.

I can't criticise the idiots who tune in to watch him, I watch a bit of junk TV myself.

However this is a clear case of money talks, Newman walks. He's done worse but as long as the preffered demographic kept watching and the sponsors kept paying he was kept on. The micro-second that balance shifts he's off the air.

I've always felt sad that Eddie kept this clown in business, it shows a certain cynicism on his part. Maybe its personal loyalty to a friend? Maybe Sam's being put down out of mercy? I don't think so, I'm pretty sure its just a business equation.

Sam could die on air for all Ch 9 cared, so long as it boosted ratings. Isn't this the channel that found that lost yank in the desert, picked him up and then put him back so they could get some more photos of him "awaiting rescue"? Nasty corporate culture, that mob.

Boycott the Age & Footy Classified. It was only made into a issue because she came out & had a cry. As others have mentioned, he has been taking the p!ss out of people for years & thats been accepted but now because Caro cried the sexist card all the feminists came out in droves.

The moment I read the words about the ANZ Bank withdrawing its sponsorship I didn't need any further explanation. These people make all decsisions based on money. Simple as that.

It makes you wonder how much this type of mentality is responsible for football becoming the running, non contact garbage that it is today.

ever since lyon and brayshaw have been hostin the show, it has been tripe. its the same jokes every week and it was getting predictable.

anway. its a bit rich to axe him from the show now, when they let all the other things he did in the past. when they let them slide. he probably should have been axed after the nicky winmar thing, but they let that slide

Yes.

I used to be genuinely shocked when MacGuire started with "and what a big week it has been in football... Huge week." So unpredictable and new.

And we never really knew what Sam was capable of.. Because he was never allowed to do anything!

Seriously. This board has become BigGoth. Down on everything. Just waiting to lay in the boots.

He's obviously made fun of you. :(

I can't believe that people compare what Sam did to Caro with the jokes about gary being hairy, JB being gay, and Billy being fat.
You do realize that it's scripted don't you. That every week they have a couple of production meetings at which they set the script for the weeks show. Garry knows the hairy jokes are coming, he knows they are gonna show the stretcher footage again, Billy knows the fat jokes are coming and JB probably writes the stuff about him being gay himself; it's all on the f...ing running sheet.

Exactly. Add the tiresome, overdone routines about Lyon and Dunstall and the whole thing is just self-indulgent, not funny and boring - AND nothing to do with football or the guys who play it now. Dunstall would be good if they want that hard edge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back