How many times did player's do that in hte match

About 50

How many times was it paid

once.

plus he wasn't even tackled properly

a poor decision in teh context of the game

Cornes tried to break a tackle in exactly the same spot and wasn't pinged

consistency is all I want.

Umpires are fairly consistent with the rule when they see it properly.
Have a look on the replay where the umpire was and you will find he had no choice but to pay it.
Unlucky may be a better way of putting it.

Originally posted by sapaul

Thanks for the invitation, it was true though.

I cant remember what supporters said after Showdown 7. I remember thinking we lost because we simply ran out of legs after Mark Williams very publically said he gave the Power the toughest week of training theyve had (after our 90 something point loss to Carlton). The Crows had the fresh legs in the last half and our midfielders could not keep up with Goodwin and Riccuito who killed us in the last 45 minutes of the game.

Originally posted by Porthos
ok.crows, you bore me. When your points are soundly beaten, you don't acknowledge it....then come back with the same rubbish rehashed. What kind of discussion is that?

Having typed that, it reminds me of Graham Cornes mumbling about one of his injustices on radio....he'll complain, get proven wrong, shut up a bit, and then start carrying on again a week later as if he hadn't been put in his place.

Sorry for a return, it is your board & all, but I couldn't let this pass.

You Porthos were one of the main culprits for refusing to accept that Crows could improve this year, and now that by all indications it would appear that Crows are just about level pegging with Port all you can do is claim limply "soundly beaten"?

Sure I don't acknowledge anything about being soundly beaten when no such thing occurred. But to just go over yet again how it was right and the opposing view was not, when clearly it can't be proven to those who won't listen, and finally seeing it is your board, then I will say I recognise my place in that I should avoid clogging up your board.

Take it as read though I completely disagree with your views. I do realise though you are not interested in hearing why, and this is your board so it should be for your crowd. Keep up this sort of crap claiming a moral victory and I will have to come back & clog up your board some more.

Bye again (hopefully).

ok.crows, I said in the preseason, that simply assuming that the Crows would improve, which is exactly what you did, was unfounded because there were too many variables - including a completely untried (and still unproven) forward line.

Never did I say that there was no scope for improvement - rather that there was an equal scope for them to get worse.

But of course, you don't actually read my posts, do you?

Originally posted by PAfolwr

Umpires are fairly consistent with the rule when they see it properly.
Have a look on the replay where the umpire was and you will find he had no choice but to pay it.
Unlucky may be a better way of putting it.

He was teh only one going for the ball

Cornes took the ball and was on his feet in a much better position to get rid of the ball yet didn't

If umpires can't position themselves properly they are incompetent

Still an inconsistent interp

Anyway - didn't decide the game so doesn't really matter

Originally posted by Porthos
Very, very, very, very good.

Unlike the Port vs North game, Port waited for the Crows to tire, and it paid off. Guerra coming on and laying some superb tackles, and giving off some good passes was a great help...fresh legs, while Jarrad Schofield was magnificent......I hope he can back it up next week against West Coast, who should know him pretty well.

Jarrad Schofield's game really reminded me of Rohan Smith (the Port one)......how does he get loose so often???

Speaking of the Ghost, who was his lookalike with the " mummy head bandages:eek:

Originally posted by ok.crows

Sorry for a return, it is your board & all, but I couldn't let this pass.

and this is your board so it should be for your crowd. I will have to come back & clog up your board some more.

Not at all. This is a board to discuss Port Adelaide. It isnt just for Port Adelaide supporters. Any body on BigFooty is welcome to post here.

Well we appear to have touched a nerve with a few cow supporters.........:D

All that needs to be said is we won the game and took the four points against our arch rival..........

and again we say.........

:D You Bloody Beauty :D

look forward to making it 8 - 4 in round 20

:D :D :D :D

Re: Re: You ****ing beauty :D

Originally posted by topjars

Speaking of the Ghost, who was his lookalike with the " mummy head bandages:eek:

He was one of the guys responsible for cutting your defense to pieces.

Originally posted by ok.crows
Just reading through this thread and I have a couple of observations.
4. Given that Port were red-hot favourites and widely tipped as top 4 contenders after winning the Wizard Cup, and they only just scraped in a win over an underdog team widely tipped to finish in the bottom 8, I am a little surprised at the level of gloating going on here here.

Well I am worried at the level of Crow depression over this comprehensive belting, considering they have started the season so well. For how long is the AFC going to nurse this double premiership hangover? Seems like they don't have to prove another thing and they give up pretty easily these days.

You know, I used to hear port supporters trot out the "how many premierships have you won? " and when I heard it, I knew Port were going really scheisinghuesen and we wouldn't be winning another for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite true mudholian!!

This was a truly explosive thread Porthos! near on 100 posts in a few days! Good to see there is still hatred amongst the two clans back home!

Tredders#16

The story about the pub brawl has changed a bit from what was being said on here yesterday.
Waiting for an article that says a possie of Port players drove around Adelaide looking for Crows to fight and Ricciuto was an innocent by-stander.
All the articles seem to have a different interpretation as to what happened.

0,1658,187618,00.jpg

That is all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back