You just had to be there - classic moments you missed

Remove this Banner Ad

'99 Prelim and the tackle that cost us a flag.
Had to give my ticket away to see a triple lineup of Ice Cream Hands, Something For Kate & Powderfinger @ HiFi Bar.
Im not sad i missed it.
Had tickets to see Beach Fossils the night Freo played the Swans in that prelim a few years back. Had a sure thing with a girl lined up to. Ultimately sat somewhere over in Fitzroy and watched the footy instead. Went to some shitty, dingy club that night and had a ball. One of the best months of my life was started that evening. That band will never come here again and that chick ended up hating me, but so what? All worth it.

Lot of missing individual moments due to call of nature, getting stuff from bags etc.

My current fave North player is Taylor Garner. Had faith in him through all the injuries.

Game against Freo, I choose to hang a slash at moment when he takes mark of the year.

All I got of it was the missus saying, as I emerged from the Hirdhouse:

"Your boyfriend just took an amazing mark"

Own up Dons fans, how many of you were just approaching Jollymont Station when Zaharakis kicked his goal on ANZAC Day 09?

First game all three of my boys went to with me (youngest was 3). Turned them after the siren and said "that's why we don't leave early".

98 ? v Carlton. 25 points down with not much time to go. Left with the old man to catch the early train home. Got to Richmond to hear Scott Lucas put us in front. One of the few times we'd left a game, at least it wasn't a final!

Between '86 and '93 prelim, every final I went to we lost, every one I missed we won. Was seriously considering leaving at half time of the prelim, but stayed.

Who are these people who schedule weddings in September? Seriously :thumbsdown:

Yes. Wife's best friend got married GF day in '96. Had told wifey I wasn't going if we made it, ended up giving my ticket to a North work mate. Every bloke in the church had a radio & ear piece in, except for the groom and co.

You guys are amateurs!!
I missed the Collingwood 32-year drought breaking GF win in 1990. After going to the 1977 GF, 1977 GF replay, 1979 GF, 1980 GF, 1981 GF, i had tickets in a Corporate box for the 1990 GF.... Until the semi final draw between Coll & WCE forced a replay, and the GF was pushed back a week to.. THE DAY THAT I WAS BEST MAN AT A WEDDING !!!!

Damn you Peter Sumich!!!

Own up Dons fans, how many of you were just approaching Jollymont Station when Zaharakis kicked his goal on ANZAC Day 09?

I was with my best mate who's an Essendon supporter. After Brown missed a set shot late in the last, I turned to him and said we'll lose this game, bank it. He of course didn't beleive me so was very respectful after that goal went through.

Sleeping through Gary Moorcroft's spectacular mark in 2001.
b-scott-1-new.gif

I was sitting on my couch on my own with a beer while my roomies were elsewhere in the house and I swear by the sound of my yell they came running thinking a car had just ploughed through the front of the house.

Non-footy wise, I missed the hat-trick ball by Peter Siddle on his birthday. Saw the second one waiting for chips at a takeaway store near my house and thought I would have enough time to get home for the 3rd ball. Missed it by about 30 seconds. Heard it on the radio though.

When I was 11 my Auskick side was selected to play at half time between the Hawks and the Swans at the MCG in 2001.
Ended up having to play as Sydney AND the hawks got rolled that day. Was very bittersweet.
The night before we went to St.Kilda vs Adelaide and the Crows won by 90 odd points. Was Nick Reiwoldts first game I think.

Anyway, I mention this because originally the plan that year was to go the weekend before to Essendon vs the Dogs on a friday night and Richmond vs Hawthorn at the G.
Gary Moorcroft took THAT mark and we flogged the Tigers. So missed both for a blowout and a Hawthorn defeat.

John worsfolds return from acl against the saints at subi

Half way through the first jw jogs on the ground to tumultuous applause from the faithful

Someone from st kilda runs up to welcome him back with a hip and shoulder - and bounces off

Onto the ground while woosha completely ignores him.

Sfellows from the crowd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back