You should be Ashamed

im in Newcastle mate, try and get to the swans game at SCG when we come up normally

NSW membership gives you a free ticket to games played in Sydney.

It was handy this year, because the club gave me a ticket to the Hawthorn game at Giants stadium (it was members only event, there were only a few thousand there)

You can also get access to finals tickets, etc.

Not claiming it’s good value, you would only do it out of love / madness. But from time to time the club do make an effort to reward interstate members.

May 5, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
NSW membership gives you a free ticket to games played in Sydney.

It was handy this year, because the club gave me a ticket to the Hawthorn game at Giants stadium (it was members only event, there were only a few thousand there)

You can also get access to finals tickets, etc.

Not claiming it’s good value, you would only do it out of love / madness. But from time to time the club do make an effort to reward interstate members.
cheers mate, will look into it.

The issue we now have is about trust. Who would want to come to Collingwood in next years trade period when we treat players like this.

Instead of the boys club covering their own arse they should have come out and advise the players that due to errors they made in the cap some players will need to be traded and we will support players through that process to get the best outcome.

Instead the opted to go down the spin path and that never works.

Some heads need to roll IMO
'
Disclaimer: Not a Pies fan but follow a club that nearly "Fitzroyed" despite on field success.

Surely Walsh should be first to go? Isn't it the job of the GM of Football to oversee all departments? Pies salary cap has been playing catch up since Gubby signed up Wells and Mayne on ridiculous contracts but that could/ should have been cleared up in a couple of years. Someone with basic accountancy competence should be working with your list management team to balance the cap budget, as they don't seem to have much of an idea. Even if the cap is now under control leaving the same people in charge seems insane.

Collingwood's management, but not the members or fans, were lucky that you didn't make or win the GF. Imagine if you won the Grand Final and had no scapegoats but you still needed a fire sale.

DERKADERRR

All Australian
Feb 20, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
A protest lol.Thats cute.
You can accept mediocrity all you want, if you take a look around at any of the club's recent social media posts, as well as the tone of the discussion amongst written media, we are an absolute laughing stock and rightfully so!

So if you're satisfied with the club's current public image and internal mechanisms then go right ahead and maintain your membership and keep your head in the sand, but I guarantee you there will be changes made if enough people keep making an uproar about this horrendous mismanagement.

esc0bar

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Long time supporter, been following the pies since I was 9. Never been so disillusioned with the club (now 34 years old). Throughout our history I know we’ve had some moments but surely this is up there. As a club in today’s information world you can’t lie anymore and get away with it. It’s important to be more transparent and treat us as adults. If you have salary cap issues, come out and be apologetic and show us a plan forward.

I won’t be renewing my membership unless they change course immediately... It’s my only way to protest what I feel is poor governance or the CFC. If we continue heading down this pathway we could be as irrelevant as Essendon and Carlton have become of late. What other choice do I have?

AndrewShawble

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just another new age wannabe who stomps his feet if he doesn’t get his own way.

This President has had 23 years to get the place in order.

This isn’t people stamping their feet on a whim, it’s a reaction to 10+ years of poor decisions.

At some point enough is enough and many have reached that.

mocamagic

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Also the points in your post are so utterly stupid it's almost a waste of time dissecting them. People aren't upset that players left, it's that we once again got humiliated on the trade table and brought nothing in. You should be ashamed of yourself turning on fellow supporters like a rabid dog when they are the ones actually helping the club in the long term. The club Needs to know we are furious and won't accept incompetence. One day you will understand that.
Agree with Kappa
Disagree with South of the Yarra

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
Did you hear Geoff Walsh on MMM...

It cleared up alot imo.

I also like the aay the club will be able to pay up on all backended contracts this year, clear the Beams payout this year, and structure our financial plan for CFC salary Cap and recruiting drive from next year onwards.

I read what he had to say about Stephenson and it was a load of BS. Talking to a player about his shortcomings and areas which need improvement is not the same as telling him he will be traded. He tried to infer Stevo was lying and he clearly told the truth which is incredibly unprofessional. Why do we continue to hear stories about players hearing of their demise via the media or their manager? Why don't they have the balls and courtesy to look them in the eye and tell them they are up for a trade?

It appears Buckley lied too. Until he comes out of hibernation and looks down a camera and point blank denies telling Treloar his teammates didn't want him at the club I will believe Treloar's version of events.

Civilest

Cancelled
May 14, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bucks will weasel out of it. He’ll say he meant that if Kim goes interstate and Adz doesn’t cope, then the players don’t want him at the club under those circumstances. Just watch.

AssassinAndy

All Australian
Jan 3, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United
It is an absolute disgrace the way some of you are carrying on about cancelling memberships or not renewing them. You should be ashamed and to be honest we don’t want you as Collingwood supporters. You stick with your club through thick and thin.
Interestingly half of you spend your time in match day threads bagging Trealor’s disposal and defensive skills and now that he is gone you would reckon he was Bob Rose. Stephenson has been canned all year for lack of intensity, making ridiculous decisions and not being hard enough. Now suddenly he is John Greening. Tom Philips who has been mercilessly ridiculed during the year is suddenly the great Peter Daicos who can produce magic in the midfield and go forward and tear the heart out of the game. To be honest we just removed three bits of deadwood that is stopping us going the next step. Last night was the best thing to happen to the club. As for you hypocritical fair weather ‘dogs’. Go elsewhere. Not only will I renew my membership but I will up my sponsorship. Floreat Pica.

Is that you Eddie?

Bucks will weasel out of it. He’ll say he meant that if Kim goes interstate and Adz doesn’t cope, then the players don’t want him at the club under those circumstances. Just watch.
I'm disappointed in Buck's comments too but he's no weasel. Let's save our ire for those who destroyed our salary cap.

Jul 13, 2007
Elwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've already renewed my membership. However I'm not to be lectured to by some imbecile who's probably a club plant, that I should be ashamed of myself if I didn't renew my membership. The same imbecile bags the players we let go as dead wood. It's he who should be ashamed, not me. Show some respect for the players who are no longer with us. If you don't want to say anything positive about them say nothing, but don't accuse Collingwood supporters of bagging our own players when they were playing for us.

Brad Goodman

His name isn't important
Oct 7, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood
Can you blame anyone for losing faith in the current regime? I can't think of one thing that happened this year to suggest we are keeping pace with the upper echelon, but plenty of things to suggest we are no longer in that bracket. None of this to do with the quality of the playing list, mind you.

I would be shocked if Collingwood wins a premiership before Eddie and Nathan are both no longer involved in the club.

As an aside: I never have before and I probably never will again, but I went full nuff and sent Treloar a DM on instagram to tell him how filthy I was as a supporter with how it all went down, and wishing him all the best at the Bulldogs.

Aug 25, 2007
Gladstone Qld
AFL Club
Collingwood
Goodbye and good riddance.

There's an old Collingwood saying that goes all the way back to the depression era and it remains true to this day.

You can say 'I used to be a Collingwood supporter'

And I will answer 'You never were'.

Hey jonmacTrag it was tongue in check
I stopped my membership when my MCC membership come through
but signed with Collingwood affiliation so I think I'll still be saying "I'm a Collingwood supporter"
if that's all right with you numbnuts

Good_Old

Cancelled
10k Posts Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
May 27, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
'
Disclaimer: Not a Pies fan but follow a club that nearly "Fitzroyed" despite on field success.

Surely Walsh should be first to go? Isn't it the job of the GM of Football to oversee all departments? Pies salary cap has been playing catch up since Gubby signed up Wells and Mayne on ridiculous contracts but that could/ should have been cleared up in a couple of years. Someone with basic accountancy competence should be working with your list management team to balance the cap budget, as they don't seem to have much of an idea. Even if the cap is now under control leaving the same people in charge seems insane.

Collingwood's management, but not the members or fans, were lucky that you didn't make or win the GF. Imagine if you won the Grand Final and had no scapegoats but you still needed a fire sale.

You're right, winning a grand final would be truly awful.

Dynamics

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Can you blame anyone for losing faith in the current regime? I can't think of one thing that happened this year to suggest we are keeping pace with the upper echelon, but plenty of things to suggest we are no longer in that bracket. None of this to do with the quality of the playing list, mind you.

I would be shocked if Collingwood wins a premiership before Eddie and Nathan are both no longer involved in the club.

As an aside: I never have before and I probably never will again, but I went full nuff and sent Treloar a DM on instagram to tell him how filthy I was as a supporter with how it all went down, and wishing him all the best at the Bulldogs.

I daresay he's received many of these DMs. Have considered sending him one myself. We've all gone full nuffnuff this week, but we're 100% justified in doing so.

cheers mate, will look into it.

You’ve got a few options. There’a standard interstate membership, and social club interstate membership. The social club one gets you into AGM’s if you’re keen enough to go down to Melbourne for them, it gets you into the social club on gameday for home games, and you’ve got a better chance of getting a GF ticket if we qualify.

I've already renewed my membership. However I'm not to be lectured to by some imbecile who's probably a club plant, that I should be ashamed of myself if I didn't renew my membership. The same imbecile bags the players we let go as dead wood. It's he who should be ashamed, not me. Show some respect for the players who are no longer with us. If you don't want to say anything positive about them say nothing, but don't accuse Collingwood supporters of bagging our own players when they were playing for us.

These 3 players have been bagged mercilessly throughout the Year by Pies supporters. Go read the game day threads. A club plant probably shows your state of mind. You should be ashamed if you don’t renew your membership. Stand up at the AGM at show some balls for once in your life and have something to say rather than go hide in a corner stomping your feet.

Back