You should be Ashamed

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm disappointed in Buck's comments too but he's no weasel. Let's save our ire for those who destroyed our salary cap.
Not a weasel as a person, but he needs to spin this so he doesn’t admit to have told porkies. AT and JS have handled themselves well publicly, coming across as more magnanimous than club leaders. That happens when you are pushing a false narrative.

Microwave your memberships..... flags will follow!
Worked for another team apparently, just cannot recall who though.

I've already renewed my membership. However I'm not to be lectured to by some imbecile who's probably a club plant, that I should be ashamed of myself if I didn't renew my membership. The same imbecile bags the players we let go as dead wood. It's he who should be ashamed, not me. Show some respect for the players who are no longer with us. If you don't want to say anything positive about them say nothing, but don't accuse Collingwood supporters of bagging our own players when they were playing for us.

They are the Worse Kind Fans

These 3 players have been bagged mercilessly throughout the Year by Pies supporters. Go read the game day threads. A club plant probably shows your state of mind. You should be ashamed if you don’t renew your membership. Stand up at the AGM at show some balls for once in your life and have something to say rather than go hide in a corner stomping your feet.

You aren’t getting it - it’s not that they were traded, it’s how they were traded and what we got for them in return.

It’s the fact that we haven’t been able to add anything significant to the list in the way a Richmond or Geelong have, because we don’t have the right people at the club managing the cap.

It’s the fact that we have nothing to show for 5 years of 1st round picks.

This was the straw that broke the camels back.

Not a weasel as a person, but he needs to spin this so he doesn’t admit to have told porkies. AT and JS have handled themselves well publicly, coming across as more magnanimous than club leaders. That happens when you are pushing a false narrative.
It also happens when you are the victim. How deep do you want to go with this?

It also happens when you are the victim. How deep do you want to go with this?
This deep. The narrative that cap space has not been the primary driver is not defensible and has created legitimate victims. Club to own up now and avoid longer term pain.

This deep. The narrative that cap space has not been the primary driver is not defensible and has created legitimate victims. Club to own up now and avoid longer term pain.
Totally agree

Some people treat Collingwood like a charity. Collingwood Football Club aren’t a charity. It’s entertainment. If you’re not enjoying your entertainment, you’re more than entitled to put your money into other ventures. This doesn’t make you a bad person, nor a fair weather supporter. It just makes you human. Life is short, do what makes you happy.

If it they weren’t driven by cap pressure it makes the trades roughly a million times worse.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If it they weren’t driven by cap pressure it makes the trades roughly a million times worse.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This. If it wasnt cap pressure it by definition must have been that the club was happy to get rid of these players for any price, because they wanted them gone at any cost. So it must have been a relationship issue, by default.

For that idiot Ned Guy to say the cap story is a beat-up is either a lie, or if true, its an admission that the club was more incompetent than we thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some people treat Collingwood like a charity. Collingwood Football Club aren’t a charity. It’s entertainment. If you’re not enjoying your entertainment, you’re more than entitled to put your money into other ventures. This doesn’t make you a bad person, nor a fair weather supporter. It just makes you human. Life is short, do what makes you happy.

Yep, especially when Ed uses members hard earned dollars to buy things like Beams’ medal for 30k. Who gives a fig if it’s not in the clubs hands, Ed’s ego just couldn’t let that happen.

It is an absolute disgrace the way some of you are carrying on about cancelling memberships or not renewing them. You should be ashamed and to be honest we don’t want you as Collingwood supporters. You stick with your club through thick and thin.
Interestingly half of you spend your time in match day threads bagging Trealor’s disposal and defensive skills and now that he is gone you would reckon he was Bob Rose. Stephenson has been canned all year for lack of intensity, making ridiculous decisions and not being hard enough. Now suddenly he is John Greening. Tom Philips who has been mercilessly ridiculed during the year is suddenly the great Peter Daicos who can produce magic in the midfield and go forward and tear the heart out of the game. To be honest we just removed three bits of deadwood that is stopping us going the next step. Last night was the best thing to happen to the club. As for you hypocritical fair weather ‘dogs’. Go elsewhere. Not only will I renew my membership but I will up my sponsorship. Floreat Pica.
He is no John Greening

It is an absolute disgrace the way some of you are carrying on about cancelling memberships or not renewing them. You should be ashamed and to be honest we don’t want you as Collingwood supporters. You stick with your club through thick and thin.
Interestingly half of you spend your time in match day threads bagging Trealor’s disposal and defensive skills and now that he is gone you would reckon he was Bob Rose. Stephenson has been canned all year for lack of intensity, making ridiculous decisions and not being hard enough. Now suddenly he is John Greening. Tom Philips who has been mercilessly ridiculed during the year is suddenly the great Peter Daicos who can produce magic in the midfield and go forward and tear the heart out of the game. To be honest we just removed three bits of deadwood that is stopping us going the next step. Last night was the best thing to happen to the club. As for you hypocritical fair weather ‘dogs’. Go elsewhere. Not only will I renew my membership but I will up my sponsorship. Floreat Pica.

I don't think you believe that tripe.

I don't get the blind defense of the club's position on this? Even if you believe that it's for the greater good that the players are gone, how do you justify the packet of chips we got for them in return (and we have to keep paying salary after one of them is gone!!)? The mismanagement of this (on top of everything else), has weakened this club, not strengthened it, and it's the same few pulling the strings behind the scenes that still can't get it right.

This has to stop, and it's up to those that love the club to call them out. A 'shareholder's revolt' if you will. I have no issue with everyone here saying that they won't renew their memberships UNTIL there is meaningful change behind the scenes. It's not that memberships won't be brought again, but we can hold those responsible accountable, and until they can outline a plan forward, we continue to hold them to account.

It’ll renew. But those not renewing are probably doing to so to highlight that what has transpired over the past few years is the real disgrace.

Disgraceful things to have occurred under the current regime include:

The moronic treatment of Neil Balme to bring in Grubby Allen - who probably had a hand in white anting our club for some unknown reason. This, IMO, has cost us a better culture and probably a premiership

Bringing in guys like Beams, Wells, Mayne and even Trelaor.... Beams showed his true colours after leaving us the first time.
Wells was too old and as we saw his body was broken. Mayne has been serviceable but paid way too much.
Treloar wasn’t worth 2 forst rounders nor the figures the media scum are throwing around.

We constantly have the most injuries or are amongst the most frequently injured team in the league.

We seem to have to pay a premium in dealing for trades withother clubs. Treloar, Phillips, Stevenson and witts are all good examples of this. Going out of coming in, or as we’ve seen even keeping our own. We pay our players like they’re A graders when they’re way off that mark. At least this week goes some way to rectifying that and hopefully setting a nee trend.

We have well fallen behind the likes of hawthorn, Geelong and Richmond. I’m most aspects. And membership numbers aren’t growing and will take a hit.

To be honest I don’t really see what we stand for as a club any more.

I’m hoping this 2 week period is the genesis of a new age at collingwood. Because other than a few moments we can’t seem to build anything truly dominant. Apart from 10-11 we haven’t been a powerhouse for a long time.
Mayne 400 K
Too much
You're off your rocker
Stephenson 500
Phillips 400
Grundy 1000000

Really a experienced hard nose 100 per cent goer
Who covers arse of our so called champion midfield
Works into the system and a key role
Offers heaps
Dosent turn it over and sets up our structure creating space for others
Wow
You realise he played chf for a grand final team
He moved across the country and cost us nothing in picking up

Wish we could have got him earlier

Shame the two studs didn't have
10percent of his character

I don't get the blind defense of the club's position on this? Even if you believe that it's for the greater good that the players are gone, how do you justify the packet of chips we got for them in return (and we have to keep paying salary after one of them is gone!!)? The mismanagement of this (on top of everything else), has weakened this club, not strengthened it, and it's the same few pulling the strings behind the scenes that still can't get it right.

This has to stop, and it's up to those that love the club to call them out. A 'shareholder's revolt' if you will. I have no issue with everyone here saying that they won't renew their memberships UNTIL there is meaningful change behind the scenes. It's not that memberships won't be brought again, but we can hold those responsible accountable, and until they can outline a plan forward, we continue to hold them to account.
We just salary dumped 2 to 3 million
We're a chance of upgrading to top 6 draft pick
We get to bring on
McInnes
Tyler brown
Move crisp into the guts
Play de goey on ball
Maybe Maynard

Both bad influences
Both proven since traded

We're a big chance at thorolds nephew

Hows that

Collingwood is a religion, a family...money or not...walking away from the club will only make it disappear.

Mistakes have been made, they have attempted to remedy them. Let’s hope it works, play on. The supporters on here would change the coach, half the players and the board after every loss. Mark’s email put things into context for me, we are now in a position to attract some free agents...which also answers one of the other concerns on here...we aren’t a destination club, according to Marks comments we are we just didn’t have the cap to accomodate them.

We really won’t be able to judge the good from the bad until time has passed. I bet come this time next year when we land the biggest free agents have three new strapping talents on the list people will have forgotten about this debacle.

Collingwood is a religion, a family...money or not...walking away from the club will only make it disappear.

Mistakes have been made, they have attempted to remedy them. Let’s hope it works, play on. The supporters on here would change the coach, half the players and the board after every loss. Mark’s email put things into context for me, we are now in a position to attract some free agents...which also answers one of the other concerns on here...we aren’t a destination club, according to Marks comments we are we just didn’t have the cap to accomodate them.

We really won’t be able to judge the good from the bad until time has passed. I bet come this time next year when we land the biggest free agents have three new strapping talents on the list people will have forgotten about this debacle.
That all sounds nice, but we hear the same sh*t every year. "Every thing is ok, it's all under control"
Yep.
End result.
2 premierships in 60 odd years of being fed the same crap.

Mark's email put things into context for you?
Did he explain why we gave away Adz, Stevo, Flip,Atu and picks in the 20's and 30's for a net gain of pick 14.

"We have a plan" apparently.

According to Mark we are a destination club you say.
Well show me all the big name recruits who we have landed over the past 20 years.

Wake up. It's bullcrap. Its spin. But finally the masses aren't swallowing it anymore.

You can't spin this level of incompetence no matter how hard you try.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back