You should be Ashamed

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam is a lovely person but I think what he heard and what was said may not have matched.

I heard Bucks talk about the trade debacle this year in quite direct and honest terms . He said that it didn’t go well as Adam was someone who epitomised the values of the group of being vulnerable and showing care for others and that it had impacted the group as some older players worried they could be next and it undermined trust. He said that he was surprised at how bad the salary cap position had become and accepted that a hard choice had to be made once he understood that better. He said that Adam had asked him during the discussion if the leadership group knew about the decision to trade him and Bucks said yes, they were already aware. Adam took that as the players were supportive of the decision and wanted him gone when they were told so that they could offer him support after the meeting, anticipating that it would not go well as Adam was a bit fragile.

Interestingly, Bucks said that on reflection it would have been better for Walsh to deliver the news as Footy Manager as it had an impact on the playing group and his relationship with Adam and them. He said it wasn’t fatal but it did have an impact which he regretted.
Fair enough, I was mainly pointing out that when that idiot from the Herald Scum reported that Bucks had told Adam that the players didn't want him there any more that he denied it, he said that it was "news to me".

100% agree with OP. Ignore the sensationalist media BS. Getting rid of both was the right thing to do. Treloar was a liability, particularly on the $$$ and Stevo was clearly more interested in getting a root than being a professional footballer

I'll take all those thumbs down as badges of honour. :devilv1:

I love how a certain veteran poster around here no longer has the balls to contribute so they just lol at posts they don't like like some creepy stalker....
Be more specific.....

Fair enough, I was mainly pointing out that when that idiot from the Herald Scum reported that Bucks had told Adam that the players didn't want him there any more that he denied it, he said that it was "news to me".
Key words here are "that idiot from the Herald Scum".

I would love....LOVE...FarKIN LLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! the Club to give the new coach the authority to "shut out" the crap journos and call them out personally and by name as the liars they are in pressers, on the record.
The board to back him in and.......tell the AFL to get ****ed when the weak as piss hand maidens to the media have a sook.

It was one of the greatest attributes Malthouse had as a coach and a mentor to the players.
To call a dickhead a dickhead to his face in a presser.

Key words here are "that idiot from the Herald Scum".

I would love....LOVE...FarKIN LLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! the Club to give the new coach the authority to "shut out" the crap journos and call them out personally and by name as the liars they are in pressers, on the record.
The board to back him in and.......tell the AFL to get f’ed when the weak as piss hand maidens to the media have a sook.

It was one of the greatest attributes Malthouse had as a coach and a mentor to the players.
To call a dickhead a dickhead to his face in a presser.
Malthouse had me siding with the journos because he was so petulant and obtuse .I don't know why journos put up with his crap. I remember one journo asking him if he thought the players had come to play and he carried on like an idiot saying "What does that mean?' In the same post match chat he said the players were flat. I would have asked him if he meant they were really thin like pancakes before the game and why that was the case. He was a tool at pressers.

Malthouse had me siding with the journos because he was so petulant and obtuse .I don't know why journos put up with his crap. I remember one journo asking him if he thought the players had come to play and he carried on like an idiot saying "What does that mean?' In the same post match chat he said the players were flat. I would have asked him if he meant they were really thin like pancakes before the game and why that was the case. He was a tool at pressers.
Yes, especially given that Malthouse's own daughter was one of them (journos) it was disgraceful, as I'm sure he would not have been happy if another coach had treated her the way he (Malthouse) treated so many of her colleagues.

Yes, especially given that Malthouse's own daughter was one of them (journos) it was disgraceful, as I'm sure he would not have been happy if another coach had treated her the way he (Malthouse) treated so many of her colleagues.
agreed. he came across as a grumpy old man. although... starting to see why that appeals to some posters here haha.

There are a few stories floating around of Malthouse physically assaulting certain reporters when he was coaching the Eagles. I just don't understand the way the press swallowed that crap from him. It would make me even more determined to expose his BS at pressers and call him out but they used to quiver and quake if he gave them the stare.

There are a few stories floating around of Malthouse physically assaulting certain reporters when he was coaching the Eagles. I just don't understand the way the press swallowed that crap from him. It would make me even more determined to expose his BS at pressers and call him out but they used to quiver and quake if he gave them the stare.
I remember a story of Mick punching one of his own players in the face (could have just been from my dad). To say he had a temper is putting it quite lightly

I remember a story of Mick punching one of his own players in the face (could have just been from my dad). To say he had a temper is putting it quite lightly
It's not as if he was a monster of a physical specimen. I can't believe players copped that crap but they did.

Mick’s press conferences were always embarrassing for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% agree with OP. Ignore the sensationalist media BS. Getting rid of both was the right thing to do. Treloar was a liability, particularly on the $$$ and Stevo was clearly more interested in getting a root than being a professional footballer

Had to bump ...

I feel a bit sorry for him.

He was such a talent, and such a cracking player. Shame to see somebody fall so far from grace.

(Jordan DeGoey, take very careful note)

I feel a bit sorry for him.

He was such a talent, and such a cracking player. Shame to see somebody fall so far from grace.

(Jordan DeGoey, take very careful note)
I understand the sentiment '76 but soft pedalling with such characters doesn't work - they are already self-indulgent - the only thing that will work is 'tough love'.

I take no pleasure in kicking a man that's down.

Geez that's sad.

Going by the body language of some those swans players in the background, they feel the same way

I understand the sentiment '76 but soft pedalling with such characters doesn't work - they are already self-indulgent - the only thing that will work is 'tough love'.

I’d be flattered if Jayden Stephenson gave a rats clacker what I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back