You should be Ashamed

Remove this Banner Ad

Be angry, Be hurt but if you think cancelling memberships is going to help the club go forward then you have no idea. You will just be contributing to the down fall of the club.

It worked with Richmond.

Just sayin'

The whole issue here though is that if members keep throwing money blindly at the club then the dumbasses who run the club at all levels take that as a mandate to continue in their positions.

Eddie and his buddies on the board along with Walsh and everyone in the football department don't even appear to think there is anything wrong because we are still the "biggest club in the land" and "not far away" (from what I'm not sure but still "we're not far away"). They also don't appear to want to do anything more than pay vague list service (at best) or be totally dismissive (at worse) when it comes to the feelings and opinions of the supporter base.

It's unfortunate but now we've seen all the spin, empty apologies, strategy and hyperbole that we need to see from those in charge and it's clear that we don't have anything else to show for it, apart from hitting rock bottom in a reputational sense after this disastrous trade period. I can almost envision them huddled together while concocting this "strategy" mumbling something like "the supporters will be angry but it will blow over quickly because they are loyal to the biggest club in the land" so it will all be fine.

If people start voting with their feet and it starts hitting the club in the back pocket then and only then will they have to face something both tangible and inevitable and hopefully start falling on their swords one-by-one (or be forced out).

The "biggest club in the land" is something that's built on performance, not mediocrity and it's clear that the latter is what we largely have to work with from Eddie and the board down. It's time for change at our club and it's clear that those in charge are incapable of facilitating it because they spend too much time living in the past, looking after themselves, giving each other pats on the back, and shifting the blame to anyone or everyone else they can.

Last edited:
Supporters are venting. Many of us are not upset about players being traded but how they went about it.
Bucks saying players wanted Treloar gone club denying it but confirmed by Treloar.
What seems to be lack of communication with Stevo (I do understand why he was moved on)
And the interviews with Ned and Walsh which were mainly pointless.

I see the club preaching Side By Side but not following it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do love a smart @rse.

Just because someone refuses to be railroaded by media bullshit doesn't make them an apologist sunshine but then you're type can't think that far can they?
Burn - rip - sledgehammer innocents - lovely little anarchists aren't you?

And no Eddie isn't an exception - but then again he - unlike your darling media hasn't spent the entire trade period attacking a target without a single shred of proof.

Time for you nap.
Why do you go on and on and on about the media waging a campaign of fake accusations and news, 'attacking a target without a single shed of proof etc when the outcome of our trade period vindicated pretty much everything the media reported about our trading needs and intentions? You remind me of Trump trying to snatch victory from the gaping jaws of defeat. You refuse to accept you were wrong and keep pounding out the same nonsense that you have been for the last month and berating big footy members for believing media reports that were in fact accurate..

Last edited:

I do love a smart @rse.

Just because someone refuses to be railroaded by media bullshit doesn't make them an apologist sunshine but then you're type can't think that far can they?
Burn - rip - sledgehammer innocents - lovely little anarchists aren't you?

And no Eddie isn't an exception - but then again he - unlike your darling media hasn't spent the entire trade period attacking a target without a single shred of proof.

Time for you nap.
By all means keep digging. You’ll be having lunch in Shanghai before you know it.

Of course I don't but the point is 2 players who wanted to stay were fed bullshit and forced out. That is highly unprofessional and will significantly affect your team's ability to attract players in the future.

If I was a big-name player I wouldn't be particularly interested in a move to Collingwood right now.

This is why your supporters are angry.

I've had to give the hard word to staff and let some go in my time but I've never lied to them about the reason. I get that forcing a couple of players out, for whatever the reason, is not something enjoyable but things would've been a lot less messy if they were just forthright with the players and media in the first place.

Sure they would've still copped a lot of flak but their integrity would've remained in tact.

We don’t know for a fact that the players weren’t given direct and clear reasons why they were exited. There’s every chance they were given very clear reasons. There’s still a lot of he-said she-said.

There seems to be a lot more to this story regarding the players behaviour and attitudes than the public at this stage know about.

Individual player views are funny. By far and away Mrs Sideswipe’s main reason for anger (of which there were many reasons and much anger) at Thursday night’s bloodbath was that Cox is still on our list.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
She is a well known poor judge of men

We don’t know for a fact that the players weren’t given direct and clear reasons why they were exited. There’s every chance they were given very clear reasons. There’s still a lot of he-said she-said.

There seems to be a lot more to this story regarding the players behaviour and attitudes than the public at this stage know about.
This is true, especially with Stephenson.

The Treloar one is the confusing one. On the one hand blaming his wife's move, then saying the senior players didn't want him there. The whole situation is very messy unfortunately.

Oooooh that almost makes you Collingwood royalty. Tell us more stories about the good old days. McHale wouldn’t have liked you. Too chirpy.

McHale would not have bothered to waste his time with you. Just another new age wannabe who stomps his feet if he doesn’t get his own way.

Sorry to tell you but * off.
You like the rest of the media adoring public have nfi.
And you’ve got zero credibility at all. You’ve spent the past few weeks abusing posters who dared to give any credence to what the media had been reporting. “Fake news”, “ Stop f...ing panicking, it’s all bulls..t” you screamed over and over. And guess what? The media were right all along, and you just made a gigantic fool of yourself.

Any self respecting idiot would have just crawled under his rock and stayed there. However here you are, out and about, doubling down, pretending you actually know what you’re talking about, and hysterically lashing out at anyone who dares to disagree with your totally discredited version of events. You’re entirely incapable of analysing what has transpired in an honest, adult and rational manner, and uttering 4 words, “ Sorry I was wrong”. And you were wrong, totally wrong. Grow up FFS!

Standing by for another incoming,childish,hysterical rant. 5...4....3....2....

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seen two Premierships in a 5 year period.

35/36? That’s fast approaching 90 years ago.

My point is that we have have had a sustained dominant premiership winning spree in almost over a century.

My lifetime as a pies man has seen 1990 and 2010. That’s half my life between 2 flags.

McHale would not have bothered to waste his time with you. Just another new age wannabe who stomps his feet if he doesn’t get his own way.

Not sure how you made that leap. I haven’t bagged the club. Only singled out you for your faux tough guy image. “Dogs” was clearly out of order.

If you are right about McHale he would be really pissed off about his hats.

IMG_3866.JPG

And you’ve got zero credibility at all. You’ve spent the past few weeks abusing posters who dared to give any credence to what the media had been reporting. “Fake news”, “ Stop f...ing panicking, it’s all bulls..t” you screamed over and over. And guess what? The media were right all along, and you just made a gigantic fool of yourself.

Any self respecting idiot would have just crawled under his rock and stayed there. However here you are, out and about, doubling down, pretending you actually know what you’re talking about, and hysterically lashing out at anyone who dares to disagree with your totally discredited version of events. You’re entirely incapable of analysing what has transpired in an honest, adult and rational manner, and uttering 4 words, “ Sorry I was wrong”. And you were wrong, totally wrong. Grow up FFS!

Standing by for another incoming,childish,hysterical rant. 5...4....3....2....

To be fair, self-respecting idiots are hard to find.

How people keep bringing up the players in this issue is confusing. It's simply about the fact that we got rid of these players for nothing, way unders for what they are worth. Even if Stevo, Treloar and Phillips were rated poorly as players or people, even if they were part of some new "rat pack" that bullied the other players, internal things should have stayed internal and we should have got better returns for these players. It comes down to horrible mismanagement. This was clearly a salary cap dump, probably the worst in AFL history. Then the higher ups at our club don't have the balls to be honest to us fans and are telling us this is a good result. The players themselves are irrelevant in this situation.

People are allowed to be angry. This notion of "I never criticise my club, I trust the process and the people, no matter what, so I obviously love the club more than you" is so ******* stupid.

The utter lack of consistency of many of these 'people' is mind numbing. I've been around this board since before our last flag and I've watched several members closely - first with amazement, then with annoyance before finally treating their posts with utter contempt.
But don't put it all on the posters mate, this site is a shadow of what it was before the last flag. Posters are now allowed insane latitude and they know it, this in turn has attracted the worst element and encouraged a toxic culture.
There are more than a few here that aren't supporters a-holes and would have been thrashed senseless at the old Vic Park outer.
But that is modern living for you with the self entitled deferred to by one and all.
👏👏👏

It is an absolute disgrace the way some of you are carrying on about cancelling memberships or not renewing them. You should be ashamed and to be honest we don’t want you as Collingwood supporters. You stick with your club through thick and thin.

Um, no.

Collingwood have always had a very passionate and vocal supporter base. Look at the wars over the succession plan, the move from Victoria Park, the sacking of Tony Shaw and Tom Hafey. Some of the old general meetings at the Collingwood Town Hall are the stuff of legend.

As much as some folks want us all to be one big happy clappy family who all get along, that’s simply not who we are, nor have we ever been.

Players, coaches, and administrators come and go ... but the things that remain constant are the black and white stripes, and a passionate and engaged supporter base who consider it their right / responsibility to have an opinion, and to express it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back