You Tube Videos Of The Bulldogs !

ThirdLegUp

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

this is some vision of dunkley from st kilda and geelong i put together yesterday, not highlights, just all involvements

going to be a very good player, mark it down. He still plays with a little bit of nervous energy, but when he settles into the side and the top level in general... keeper.

Edit: where on earth did you find that music for Dunks lol

going to be a very good player, mark it down. He still plays with a little bit of nervous energy, but when he settles into the side and the top level in general... keeper.

Looks a natural footballer to me.

Inexperienced, but seems to have an innate understanding of the game.

That music!! :thumbsu:

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

this is some vision of dunkley from st kilda and geelong i put together yesterday, not highlights, just all involvements

Loving Dunks atm. Going from strength to strength in each game he plays. Just seems a natural. Kicking has impressed me too, not a pretty action by any means but he gets pretty good penetration and its surprisingly accurate. Does he have a left foot though? Cant really remember him using it.

Zgope1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Loving Dunks atm. Going from strength to strength in each game he plays. Just seems a natural. Kicking has impressed me too, not a pretty action by any means but he gets pretty good penetration and its surprisingly accurate. Does he have a left foot though? Cant really remember him using it.
yeh not sure he does haha. his kicking's been a big surprise, he measures every pass and applies himself to the kick like moz does. he's not a creative type imo, he's a neat type. But his physical assets over time will give him a POD. He'll be quite a bull and his overhead marking and tackling will bring lots of value to our side. Good summer and he's best 22 from here on

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
yeh not sure he does haha. his kicking's been a big surprise, he measures every pass and applies himself to the kick like moz does. he's not a creative type imo, he's a neat type. But his physical assets over time will give him a POD. He'll be quite a bull and his overhead marking and tackling will bring lots of value to our side. Good summer and he's best 22 from here on
Yeah youve put it perfectly that he applies himself with every kick and so he very rarely stuffs em up although I do worry that might not stand up in heavy congestion if he wants to move into the midfield more and more. Its fine when hes leading up and taking grabs though. Either way hes got plenty of time to work on that and every other part of his game is already very good. Could easily see him filling a role anywhere on the ground, like him forward of center a lot but wouldnt be surprised to see him step into Boydys shoes down back in time. Strikes me as a general type and I prefer those creative types up front.

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Great stuff mate.....choice of music was interesting as well. Maybe some hard rock (Rose Tattoo?) next time for a tough bastard like Dunks.

Zgope1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Great stuff mate.....choice of music was interesting as well. Maybe some hard rock (Rose Tattoo?) next time for a tough bastard like Dunks.
Haha it was really weird wasn't it- I was looking for smooth sounds but that one was almost meditative.

Just from watching the videos, Dunkley's the type of player who almost embraces contact when under pressure from the opposition. Those types of player that sort of draw a defender toward them to create space for those around them - that sort of innate ability that all the best midfielders in the competition have.

The thing is - that's in direct contradiction into his physical development. He's still a teenager, he doesn't have the strength and power through the hips and legs to manage or shake that physical pressure. Over time as he does and he's able to keep the ball moving through opposition contact he's going to be an elite player.

Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just from watching the videos, Dunkley's the type of player who almost embraces contact when under pressure from the opposition. Those types of player that sort of draw a defender toward them to create space for those around them - that sort of innate ability that all the best midfielders in the competition have.

The thing is - that's in direct contradiction into his physical development. He's still a teenager, he doesn't have the strength and power through the hips and legs to manage or shake that physical pressure. Over time as he does and he's able to keep the ball moving through opposition contact he's going to be an elite player.

Yeah he definitely holds on for the extra second to force the opposition to commit to him.

But his physical development is miles ahead of most first yearers. Very solid through the hips and legs already.

May 30, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics
YouTube reads the waveform of your audio and automatically mutes any copyrighted music.

You gotta go for weird unsigned music otherwise it gets muted.

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

yeah still something a bit slo-mo about him - makes the right decisions, I think, but maybe its hes just thinking it through for a split second rather than 100% instinct? That should come with experience. Certainly he doesnt panic that he doesnt have space or might (shudder) get tackled while in possession.

Seems to share a lot of traits with Patrick Cripps - probably the thing lacking right now is Cripps will pick a gap and take off and put the onus on the opposition to try to pull him down, rather than fire off a low percentage handball. But Cripps has 2 years on him. Certainly Dunks is tracking Cripps nicely first-year vs first-year.

Libba39

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2008
Murrumbeena
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dunks would have to be very unlucky not to get a rising star nom this year. Looks like a third to fourth year player based on those highlights. Another big tick for our recruiters.

They are indeed some very good highlights. Watching that makes me believe he will make it as a player.

Even basic things like at 58 seconds when he fends off Mr Invisible with his right arm. And his reflexes at 1:08.

I love his attack at the contest at 1:38 and his two smothers at five seconds and 1:52.

Zgope1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
one of these days i'll do a vid of JJ (Biggs would've had a good one this week too). Taking into account all aspects of his game, i think he might even be underrated. He's becoming critical defensively

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
one of these days i'll do a vid of JJ (Biggs would've had a good one this week too). Taking into account all aspects of his game, i think he might even be underrated. He's becoming critical defensively
I've been saying for a while now how underrated he is defensively! so reliable in the air too. Jet.

grubdog

Debutant
Dec 6, 2015
Ex-Brisbane now Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Dunks would have to be very unlucky not to get a rising star nom this year. Looks like a third to fourth year player based on those highlights. Another big tick for our recruiters.
I would have liked to see Dunkley kick those two set shots. Would have helped my heart and done wonders for him and the other forwards. Same could be said for Picked (who I am a big fan of as well)

Back