worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
was that when we beat Brisbane the week before or after? That was brilliant :rainbow:

I would say you are thinking about rounds 17 and 18 of 2005, not 2003. We defeated Geelong by 35 points in round 17 that season and then had that great victory over Brisbane by 28 points in round 18 after we let a lead of 47 points slip. The Matthew Robbins screamer of course was also part of that Brisbane game.

Mingo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2006
Western
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
I would say you are thinking about rounds 17 and 18 of 2005, not 2003. We defeated Geelong by 35 points in round 17 that season and then had that great victory over Brisbane by 28 points in round 18 after we let a lead of 47 points slip. The Matthew Robbins screamer of course was also part of that Brisbane game.
I always stopped that game when we reached the maximum lead and knew the exact place to hit play to see the last quarter getaway on the VCR. One of the most enjoyable games to see live..... until this year ;)

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
Thanks for the swift response. Where do I find Al's highlights thread? Is it in the Western Bulldogs forum?

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
Was there ever a seasons highlights DVD released of our 2006 season? Or am I imagining things?
Yes there was.

Western-Bulldogs-AFL-2006-Season-Highlights-DVD-VGC.jpg

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
I don't suppose this DVD makes an appearance on YouTube anywhere? I've had a search on the web and can't see it available to view anywhere.
Not that I know of. The elimination final in full was posted recently though, that was definitely on youtube.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I've been watching a few videos on Youtube (and there's a couple on Instagram) of the fan footage from the Grand Final, from the stands. Similar to these: ,

There's a few from the prelim as well.

Does anybody know of any more? Perhaps from in-game, like when Boyd kicks his big goal?

I love reliving the game from every angle, given I've seen the TV footage about 100 times over! I wish there was a way that Channel 7 would realise the full game from multiple angles.

Back