Toast You wish you were Lachie Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

The kid has kicked 1 goal since moving to the forward line against Richmond, and was lucky not to be dropped just a week ago after the Sydney game. There's nothing instinctual and natural in his game to suggest he will make the grade as a forward. He looks far more comfortable down back and I think he can be a star as a shutdown defender opposed to an average small forward.
Sure, but what about about those two bullet-like passes straight to a leading Marshall for two goals, something we have been screaming for the Bomb-it-to-Charlie Brigade of Wines, Boak, Motlop, Amon, et-al, to do! Without him there, we lose that match.

I want him to stay there!

A little more seriously.

While understanding there is always 'playing to team instructions', the natural instinctive footy traits of players should not be extinguished.

The lad has stepped up from simply 'showing potential' and if he stays injury free should be one of Port's influential players for years to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaun Burgoyne was the one that gave him the award.

So much potential, but has to get his hammies right and then work on the cleanliness of his skills. I reckon he needs to be made to really work for his spot and get his body right, classic case of being rushed to the A's based on potential and Hinks need for deflecting sugar hits.

His last quarter against South last week it all seemed to click for him. Clean hands, long accurate kicks, ferocious attack on the body.

Bring that every week and he is a lock in that side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back