Toast You wish you were Lachie Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

His intensity was way above 3/4 of that side today.
Yep. This is what we should be looking at this year. Younger players who stand up in WHP or almost WHP matches, must be prioritised over 'Senior' players who repeatedly fail in those games. It doesn't matter if they are as good yet, those 'Senior' players will just fail when the heats on in finals.

He's got a real presence about him which worries opponents into mistakes. Runs like a freight train, and is composed when he does get the footy. Solid return from injury.
it was either second or fourth quarter when he looked like he was going to run through that collingwood player at half forward, i feared for that player's life for 1 second.

d7c13ce3a64a0dafad3167186d01f420.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's got a real presence about him which worries opponents into mistakes. Runs like a freight train, and is composed when he does get the footy. Solid return from injury.
Runs like a freight train and accelerates with the speed of a bullet train. Kid's a gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He runs like a galloping horse. He genuinely worries players who are 10 years older than him out of fully committing to contests with his attack on the contest and the footy. It's a weird thing, not even Dixon really has the same perceived pressure impact IMO. It's just something about the way he moves.

What's already improved out of sight since his debut is how clean he is with the footy and his ability to navigate traffic and make good decisions under pressure.

Absolute star. Has got a level of composure that normally takes 70 odd games to achieve.

Just straight lines the ball every time. There was a contest in the middle of the ground where I thought he was going to be second to the contest - but nope, just ran straight at the ball and space just magically opened up for him. His acceleration is impressive and faster than someone of his build and size should be. And he makes it look effortless.

Wonder if we will see him in the midfield in the near future - he could be the big bodied, agile and fast midfielder we've been missing. (ala Bont). I'm guessing his engine isn't up to it yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back