Toast You wish you were Lachie Jones

Harlott

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
BCA9D4C0-9883-49C5-A56D-F959EE2FAB99.jpeg

If he doesn't get the Rising Star nomination this week we're telling him where you live.

Nah. It's Georgie's week.

I was worried that the Adelaide media would talk Schoenberg into it, guess that was a wasted concern :p

Lachie is big enough to step aside this week for a teammate. ;)

This lad has some serious upside. Very happy we picked him. At 19 he has guts, speed, skill and sheer want. Sky is the limit if he evades serious injury and handles the mental pressure he is going to face.

Imhotep

Team Captain
Mar 10, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Watching the replay i realised how good this guy is at defending, he and aliir ended up having to raffle off the ball to each other a few different times because the two of them read the ball faster than any Carlton forwards. His ability to fly to the highest point of a pack and have his fist sitting half a foot higher than anyone else in his second game shows some serious athleticism.

Then the quarterback style kicking that Houston, Burton, hartlett and Bonner that we already employ only becomes more of a weapon with this guy, his kick just carries and carries i have noticed it a few times it looks like his kick is going fifty and then just gains 10 more metres and hits his target perfectly.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Watching the replay i realised how good this guy is at defending, he and aliir ended up having to raffle off the ball to each other a few different times because the two of them read the ball faster than any Carlton forwards. His ability to fly to the highest point of a pack and have his fist sitting half a foot higher than anyone else in his second game shows some serious athleticism.

Then the quarterback style kicking that Houston, Burton, hartlett and Bonner that we already employ only becomes more of a weapon with this guy, his kick just carries and carries i have noticed it a few times it looks like his kick is going fifty and then just gains 10 more metres and hits his target perfectly.
He somehow needs to get himself noticed for a rising star nom.
Maybe some kind of retro hair style.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
The stats are showing 0 tackles again for Lachie this week, so I presume giving away a free kick in a tackle (Walsh for one) doesn't count as a tackle, just a FA?
I've been watching the game again over the last couple of days and in that tackle on Walsh Lachie drops his knees and tries his best to bring Walsh down without pushing him in the back. The fact that Walsh goes forward dragging Lachie with him suggests that Walsh took a dive. Would have been holding the ball if it was Robbie Gray.

Edit: and here's a picture. Lachie tackles low around Walsh's hips, he is lower than Walsh and dropping his weight. Watch the slow-mo for the full story.

Screenshot_2021-04-21-12-07-06-719.jpeg

Last edited:

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I've been watching the game again over the last couple of days and in that tackle on Walsh Lachie drops his knees and tries his best to bring Walsh down without pushing him in the back. The fact that Walsh goes forward dragging Lachie with him suggests that Walsh took a dive. Would have been holding the ball if it was Robbie Gray.

Edit: and here's a picture. Lachie tackles low around Walsh's hips, he is lower than Walsh and dropping his weight. Watch the slow-mo for the full story.

View attachment 1107958
I think the free was there. If Walsh was a Port player I would have been shouting for a PinTB.

When I looked closly at the Video, Jones' feet/legs seems to catch in the grass causing his body to rotate forward into Walsh. A bit unlucky IMO, but he did have time to roll to the side, but instead plopped into Walsh's Back. Good lesson for him to roll sideways & disguise it.

Visenfest

Chasing stability
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Love his attack on the ball, and those runs through traffic. Has some decent speed. You wouldn't want him coming in your direction at full speed.

Chachi

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fu** No
I love this kid. He's got some decent wheels and is so composed. Hard as f**k too which is always nice.

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
Bringing him in for Bergman was definitely the right call

Yep!
Bergman will make the grade but Jones has the requisite functional strength necessary in 1 on 1 defensive contests in particular right now.

No reason to keep him out of our best 22 at this point.

Back