Suspended
Feb 26, 2003
Ballarat
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Renegades, victory, packers
Congratulations mate on your birthday.

Hope that your catters win against the crows next week.

On 31st May.

Happy 38th Birthday You_Idiot!!

Hopefully, the Cats will beat Adelaide on the weekend, making for some even bigger celebrations. :)

Thanks, guys (and Suzi, too)!

I'm surprised, but delighted, that the thread was started this early in the week. But when you have a birthday that falls on a weekend, and celebrate it all weekend, might as well take pleasure in having the ocassion milked, huh? :)

It'll be a big sporting weekend for me...

*Friday night footy from the comfort of our lounge room (after Jen and I get back from a dinner and a movie... no idea on the movie yet, any suggestions?)...

*Working a CHFL game on Saturday for the Ballarat Courier; don't know which game yet, I'll probably get that assignment by Tuesday afternoon, but I'll be hard-pressed to file on my deadline by 9 p.m., as I'd like to go out for a couple of drinks afterwards. After all, Saturday is officially my birthday.

*Sunday, an early wake-up call, 5 a.m., to be precise. After getting an early shower and cooking brekky, I'll get to watch my hometown soccer team, the San Jose Earthquakes-- and the undefeated San Jose Earthquakes, at that-- take on the Chicago Fire from my old home ground of Spartan Stadium in San Jose. Even better, ESPN has the game LIVE at 6 a.m. our time here, on their Major League Soccer game of the week.

Immediately thereafter, I'll be on a bus to Geelong for the Cats v Crows game, hopefully getting there around 11 a.m. in time for the reserves match as well. Looking forward to TWO Geelong wins that day, and THREE for my teams overall, as I can't see the Quakes losing to Chicago back in San Jose.

Jen will be joining me at the ground after halftime, since she is doing a craft market in Buninyong that morning and likely won't get on the road until around 1:45 or so. But she'll definitely be there for post-game celebrations, in Club Cats.

Can't wait for the weekend, and it's already Monday, for crissakes! :D

Go Quakes, and GO CATS!! :D:D

I would be remissed if I didn't mention that another Cats supporter has a birthday in the coming days as well...

Darren, our own ScouseCat, celebrates his a few days after mine, on Tuesday, June 3rd.

Hapy early celebrations, my friend!! :)

Originally posted by you_idiot
I would be remissed if I didn't mention that another Cats supporter has a birthday in the coming days as well...

Darren, our own ScouseCat, celebrates his a few days after mine, on Tuesday, June 3rd.

Hapy early celebrations, my friend!! :)

LOL - And here I thought I could get away without my birthday being noticed... thanks for your kind words mate, very much appreciated. :)

Originally posted by ScouseCat
LOL - And here I thought I could get away without my birthday being noticed... thanks for your kind words mate, very much appreciated. :)

Gotta get up pretty damned early in the morning to let something like that slip by me, my friend. ;)

Regardless, I know that this is my week, but I thought it would be pretty cool to spread the glory around a bit.

In that case, sounds like a great excuse for a pre-match meet-up on Sunday! :D Who's in??

Where do you live

you_idiot, where in Ballarat do you live. I had lived in Ballarat all my life, I have just recently (last week) moved to Melbourne for work. I lived in Mt Clear. Near Zagames (Golden Point Tabaret).

• Banned
you_idiot lives out in Wendouree.

You aren't too far away from me because I live in Mount Clear just near Midvale.

Originally posted by goaldrush

You aren't too far away from me because I live in Mount Clear just near Midvale.

What she said, in Wendouree, near Wendouree Village.

Funny you mention that part of Mt Clear, Suz... Jen used to live right at that very intersection (a stone's throw away, actually) when she and her brother and sister were attending Ballarat Uni a few years ago.

Still, a good 20-minute drive apart, from Mt Clear to Wendouree.

Congrats on the move, Dasher39, best of luck to you. :)

What she said, in Wendouree, near Wendouree Village.

Funny you mention that part of Mt Clear, Suz... Jen used to live right at that very intersection (a stone's throw away, actually) when she and her brother and sister were attending Ballarat Uni a few years ago.

Still, a good 20-minute drive apart, from Mt Clear to Wendouree.

Congrats on the move, Dasher39, best of luck to you. :)
That's pretty cool, Will.

That's pretty cool, Will.

Too cool, yes, Suz. :)

But I have to admit that this location is better. We're a lot closer to the major shops in town, and only a five-minute walk away from the mall.

I's been a good year for me, and us having such a wonderful place is certainly one of the crown jewels of our achievements this year.

I's been a good year for me, and us having such a wonderful place is certainly one of the crown jewels of our achievements this year.

We wont mention how cold it gets in Ballarat. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We wont mention how cold it gets in Ballarat. :D

No worse than in Melbourne, my friend. :p

Originally posted by Murph
There is one good way to keep warm, right you_idiot?? ;);):eek:

Several in fact, Murph... put on a jumper, turn up the heater, more blankets.

And then there are the really obvious ones. :)

Seriously, though, I love living here, and I'm glad the move from the States has worked out for me.

No worse than in Melbourne, my friend. :p

I don't know if it's quite the same... Ballarat can get VERY cold, you definately need a decent heater if you're going to live there!! :p

I don't know if it's quite the same... Ballarat can get VERY cold, you definately need a decent heater if you're going to live there!! :p

On that thought, I've got the one in the computer room turned up on full bore this morning...

It's quite a cold one this morning, and it was quite cold overnight, but at least we have sunshine, and lots of it. :)

The cold doesn't bother me, it's just another sacrifice for having to live in what is, all things considered, paradise. :D

Re: Birthday

Only one more day to go You_Idiot.... :D

Make that about five or ten minutes, actually, as of this posting, to the actual blessed day itself. :)

Part One of my birthday weekend has just about come and gone-- and as previously mentioned, Jen and I went out for a dinner and a movie before coming home to watch Friday Night Footy.

Went to go see "Phone Booth"-- and before I say something about it on the Entertainment & Meeja boards, it was very interesting. A suspense thriller for us in our modern technological age... I'm usually not into those kinds of flicks, but my heart was in my throat up to a half-hour after we got out of the pictures.

Definitely recommended, go see it! :D

As for tomorrow, it's off to Ballan for my CHFL beat for the Ballarat Courier (for Ballan v Waubra), and then deadlines well into the evening after I get home.

And then on Sunday, getting up to watch the live soccer from back home, and then it's off to Geelong for the Cats and Crows!

Go Quakes, and GO CATS!! :cool: :D

The weekend's gotten off to a great start so far, and it's only going to get better...

Happy Birthday!!

Happy Birthday William, I hope you had an enjoyable day despite having to do your work for the Ballarat Courier on your birthday.

Here is a birthday cake I'm sure you'll like. :D

birthday.cake.made.by.sue.jpg

Lets hope the Cats can have a good win tomorrow against Adelaide.

Re: Happy Birthday!!

Happy Birthday William, I hope you had an enjoyable day despite having to do your work for the Ballarat Courier on your birthday.

Thanks for the warm wishes, Darren. And no worries, it's all good-- saw a fantastic game today, and just got done writing all of my copy, two game articles plus an overall round-up that will be in Monday's editions.

I guess this is where, as a cheap plug, to tell everyone to buy Monday morning's Ballarat Courier. :D

Here is a birthday cake I'm sure you'll like. :D

birthday.cake.made.by.sue.jpg

You know it-- the good ol' red, white and blue. :)

Looks better than the cake that Jen made for me after we got back from the country footy, in fact...

Lets hope the Cats can have a good win tomorrow against Adelaide.

I'll second that.

And in all confidence, I think Geelong will win by about four or five goals.

That, and a hat-trick by Landon Donovan of the San Jose Earthquakes against Chicago in the early morning here would make the weekend complete. :)

So you would go to Midvale school for the gifted then Suzi?:p

Originally posted by DonFan
So you would go to Midvale school for the gifted then Suzi?:p
Nope DF there is not a school out that way called Midvale.

Re: Re: Happy Birthday!!

And in all confidence, I think Geelong will win by about four or five goals.

Bad luck.

Your boys played quite well to be honest but their disposal let them down in the last quarter.

You did have 25 men on your side this week though. Umps were shocking!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back