Youf/Academy Thread

Lovely goal from Tahith Chong
He's looked impressive since he's come on. Good technique and good physical attributes.

He's obviously s**t, but having a good night tonight. ;)

Southampton have been disappointing. I know it's as much about developing individuals as winning games but they've been a bit bland. Directionless.

I write as they equalise of course.

#lolmulvey

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
I see the U23's are playing dead this season. Must have quality players in the U18's but the quality U23's in the first team squad I guess.
Onomah CCV Winks GKN all in and out of match day squads. Will be given games as needed to get fitness up but they're all the fringes. Edwards out injured doesn't help also

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
United seem to be taking a keen interest in the Ajax academy. We are signing there 15 year old u17 striker and have supposedly locked up deals for their 2 highest rated academy youngsters who will join in the summer.
LVG influence?

Ajax has also had some terrific talent come from their academy throughout the years.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
LVG influence?

Ajax has also had some terrific talent come from their academy throughout the years.
Henny De Regt, our chief scout was formerly chief scout at Ajax. LVG recommended him. He was initially hired as opposition scout for LVG I think.

Our turn in the youth cup tonight. Away at Reading. Will be a tough game, I reckon Reading are well capable of winning the whole thing, so if we can get the win it will be great.

Unfortunately my hopes of Chelsea being knocked out for once didn't come true the other night. They won comfortably.

Leicester, Brighton, Birmingham, Cambridge, Middlesbrough, Burnley, QPR, Chelsea, Wigan, Southampton, Sheffield Wednesday, Newcastle, Everton, Broxbourne Borough, Shrewsbury, Nottm Forest, Yeovil, Hull, Aston Villa, Gillingham, Preston, Spurs, Norwich and Stoke already through.

Think we have the winner of Palace and Liverpool in the next round if we get through.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Just some stuff on twitter. AM/CM better prospect than RLC imo.
there's a lot of players better than rlc really. he's missed the boat. he always had the size advantage at youth level but has been shown up badly against adults.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
lot of people upset by this. apparently it's cos united don't have teams this young or something like that.

being upset at a 7 year old having a bit of a kickabout at someone else's ground is extremely weird.
Is there only one team in Manchester with under 8s?

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
i have no idea, but i would presume we have by far and away the best facilities.
Club captain of the biggest rival could surely let him play somewhere else until he is old enough to play at United. Different story if the kid wants to play with friends but if it's for faculties that's a bit rich they're 7 lol

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Club captain of the biggest rival could surely let him play somewhere else until he is old enough to play at United. Different story if the kid wants to play with friends but if it's for faculties that's a bit rich they're 7 lol
maybe his kid wants to be a blue. the big roondog just cant get enough of the blue. must take him back to his youth.

Back