Youf/Academy Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

moomba vent your outrage at Hypocrite FC please :D
Ha ha. That high horse they came riding in on has certainly lost a few inches.

It's pretty poor from them, particularly given their whinging about our academy.

Hopefully someone will step in and make sure the kids family isnt out of pocket.

I am extremely excited about the likes of Mason Mount, Dijon Sterling, Ike Ugbo and Jay DaSilva
Hopefully we can give integrate them eventually with the First Team along with Christensen, Chalobah, Baker, RLC, Abraham and Traore

Dijon Sterling could even contest Moses for a spot right now
RLC needs a Prem loan then will come back and fight for first team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all seriousness I think every move between cat 1 clubs is subject of an investigation. Families/kids etc get interviewed etc and pretty obvious the rules have a bit of teeth. I think thats a good thing.

More than ever clubs have to be careful to do everything by the book.

Hopefully part of the fine goes to paying the kids school fees.

So was it just the match tickets offered to the family that we were pulled up for in the end? Surely that's pretty commonplace, I was expecting the inducements offered to be housing for the player's family or a car or something like that?

I like the idea of the clubs that can afford it paying for private schooling or at least providing some sort of scholarship for their academy players - it'd be a hell of an expense but at least they're setting up those that can't make it as footballers with greater opportunity for success in life.

Maybe that's not a common policy at academies around the PL but to me the most disappointing thing to come out of this is that that's my very wealthy club's stance on providing educational opportunities to their players (many of whom probably don't come from privileged backgrounds), regardless of what other clubs in the league are doing in that space.

That kid Liverpool tapped up is apparently training at Everton. His parents are looking to sue. Stoke looking for compensation as well.

Liverpool have complained about us signing one of their academy kids. As far as I know nothing has come of that though.

He's the son of a former player. I think we've said that they approached us. Been unable to play all year while the investigation goes on which isnt great.

liverpool banned from signing academy players for 2 years (2nd year suspended) and fined 100k.
Could put a dent in our youth development. Bit annoying but if the club has done the wrong thing, they they have to pay the price.

At least we already have a few in the academy who we rate pretty highly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back