Youf/Academy Thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

moomba

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City
We've been a bit mad this season. Lots of goals scored, lots conceded. Battling 1-1 against Liverpool a day or so away. Nouazi has been a bit of a standout, 2 hattrick in his three games so far. Garcia was amazing in pre season and Bernabe just making his way.

jd2010

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

One of Windy's favourites is off on loan to the Spanish 3rd div. Looking like another one in this "golden generation" of ours who won't work out. Edwards and Shashoua were the two highest rated, Bennetts and Griffiths now at decent European clubs. Something is a little bit off down there

chef

AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea
Moderator #1,308
FIFA are looking at changing loan rules. Talking about a limit of 8 loans per club excluding U21 players.
I'd like this to happen.

I'd prefer us to sell with a buyback rather than continuously loaning out. Though most of our army are acamedy kids under 21, the joys of having the strongest acamedy i guess. Just need to start playing them.

moomba

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City
They should just let players take responsibility for their own careers rather than force them into moves that may not be good for them financially or football wise.

RossFC

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Moderator #1,311
FIFA are looking at changing loan rules. Talking about a limit of 8 loans per club excluding U21 players.
Currently we have (5) Bogdan, Karius, Randall, Grujic and Ings as over 21 players on loan so it wouldn't hurt us too badly.

Grujic the only one that might ever return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jd2010

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
How old are the ones they are in trouble for signing?

They're currently top of the PL2 wonder if any of them are involved at that level or is it younger players

RossFC

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Moderator #1,317

They're currently top of the PL2 wonder if any of them are involved at that level or is it younger players
Not sure, But I reckon none of these players would be involved in U23s games.

ossie_21

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Everton

Not sure, But I reckon none of these players would be involved in U23s games.
I believe it relates to u18 academy players from something that came up about it a while ago. Was trying to do a bit of research into it as it was regarding the Cardiff player mentioned, who was signed by Man Utd & is in their academy now I believe.

This news would explain the change of personnel in academy management not too long ago. Pretty disappointing news, but would like to know more details as I’m sure a lot of clubs would be involved in similar activities

Cruyff14

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Everton have been handed a two year transfer ban on signing youth players for breaking recruitment rules and find 500k pounds.

moomba

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City
It used to be if you get done for tapping up kids you had to be really stupid.

But the rules have really tightened up, and the authorities have a lot more power to investigate. Ok

I think we'll see more and more of this while clubs really nail down their procedures to make sure they follow the letter of the law.

AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bushrangers

Now for more game time. Very much under utilised so far, likely to start at the Nou Camp on Tuesday night

Top Bottom