Youf/Academy Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course. They'd rather play Kolarov and buy another CB from another club than play the Belgian international CB they developed.
Good thing Jose didnt get his wish to by 32 year old Fonte. Could have earen into all that game time the likes of Tuanzebe, Fosu-Mensah, Blackett, McNair are getting under the great promoter of youth, Jose.

Good thing Jose didnt get his wish to by 32 year old Fonte. Could have earen into all that game time the likes of Tuanzebe, Fosu-Mensah, Blackett, McNair are getting under the great promoter of youth, Jose.

Fonte would have been an excellent signing. Hopefully happens in January.

Excellent might be overselling it. Would've been 3rd choice CB wouldn't he?

Not at all, he would have cost under 10m and would would have been the defensive leader I believe we need. I suppose Bailley proving to be a beast was unexpected so soon but he'll be gone for a few weeks and Fonte would be in the same group with Smalling and Bailley.

Not at all, he would have cost under 10m and would would have been the defensive leader I believe we need. I suppose Bailley proving to be a beast was unexpected so soon but he'll be gone for a few weeks and Fonte would be in the same group with Smalling and Bailley.
If all are fit though, he's not likely to start ahead of Bailley or Smalling.

I have no information on this but I don't think you'd be in again for him in January. I'm not making a bet on that thought ;)

Mate, how many youth players did Pep play at Bayern? One or less wasn't it?
bayern's academy is pathetic. our kids turned them over 6-7 nil in the youth league. sinan kurt was the only one on the field who looked remotely capable

bayern's academy is pathetic. our kids turned them over 6-7 nil in the youth league. sinan kurt was the only one on the field who looked remotely capable

They must be terrible if Pep couldn't get anything out of a single youth player.

2 of those players have been sold. Tuanzebe and TFM will be fine. TFM will probably start in the derby.

I know, one of them scored the winner for us in the first match. :D

Isn't Bayerns academy Dortmund?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doctor Gero go you pups jd2010

A chance to see Messi with an afro on Foxtel this weekend! The PL2 game against Chelsea is being televised on Chelsea TV at 4am Saturday morning.
Recording then. Win tomorrow night and I'll likely not be home on Friday night :p
Been talking amongst myself this week btw. You lot have all been MIA :(

You'll live sweetie :p

You guys really need another rivalry, it's Hawfs or bust with you lot

Hawfs have Sydney and Essendon to look forward to also.
They're the only one's getting near our level :cool: ;)

Any idea what sort of team we'll field for this game. Presume Onomah, CCV, KWP, Edwards, Harrison would all be playing

No games this week + transfer window shut = boring/rather talk AFL
Pretty much this.

I think it's fair to say that there's not much love lost between our two boards, but last night was a cracking win, pups. Your lot were excellent all game and perhaps Tom Boyd is beginning tot urn himself into something that resembles an AFL footballer.

I imagine there will be a minute silence and a group hug session at the warm down today though to commiserate the Lin Jong injury. :p
Recording then. Win tomorrow night and I'll likely not be home on Friday night :p
Been talking amongst myself this week btw. You lot have all been MIA :(
International break and the AFL bye has made this week rubbish with not much to talk about on either front. Let the Manchester folk have this one I think.

Good luck tonight though. Honestly, I hate both teams, but I hate Geelong slightly less so hopefully you put the first nail in their coffin tonight.

They're the only one's getting near our level :cool: ;)

Any idea what sort of team we'll field for this game. Presume Onomah, CCV, KWP, Edwards, Harrison would all be playing
This is what the unofficial Tottenham Academy thinks our best 11 looks like with the squad highlighted as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see some changes to that though given that there were youth internationals this week and I also wouldn't be surprised to see Walker-Peters miss out with him included in the first team squad after Rose's injury. It will be interesting to see if Poch continues with his FB rotation policy considering that we've got something like 5 games in 20 days. KWP is more than capable of playing LB, after all.

CrQYI8gUIAAuMGh.jpg:large

Remove this Banner Ad

Back