You'll never guess what the 2021 free kick differential chart looks like

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think it’s pretty obvious what my views on science and nut job conspiracy theories are. As are my views on social and political issues. If you’re not aware - they’d be the same as yours. This isn’t really all that complex.

Weightman is a ball player. Have I stated otherwise? Does he have a little technique to draw high tackles? Yes. Do the umpires get drawn in? Yes. Is it a problem? Yes. Four goals from four free kicks is phenomenally bad. You can’t just discount everyone on here raising this as an issue. As I said, this goes back to GF. You had the game swing your way due to the shocking umpiring.

You haven’t even answered or addressed my posts re the AFL CC at the time making those terribly biased comments.
Yes. Phenomenally bad from Essendon.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think there was a directive prior to the GF to give the WB a really good shot with the umpiring, yes.
1630456417092.gif

May 15, 2007
Central Vic
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Of course in your opinion I am stupid. My argument doesn’t benefit you.

It's not an argument based on anything but your own fantasy.

I was watching a doctor speak about the covid denier /anti Vax movement and they were saying - "it's so hard to combat this misinformation because it's not based in any reality & if you're not basing yourself in reality then facts and common sense don't resonate"

Reminds me of someone.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
If you’re just going to stand there and let yourself be tackled with no attempt to evade/break it then you’re going to get dropped.
Weightman was tackled (first tackle) and put on a good performance. It drew the attention of the commentary team to state ‘he has a specific technique’. The things umpires don’t look at is where the tacklers arms start. They just look at the player getting tackled.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's not an argument based on anything but your own fantasy.

I was watching a doctor speak about the covid denier /anti Vax movement and they were saying - "it's so hard to combat this misinformation because it's not based in any reality & if you're not basing yourself in reality then facts and common sense don't resonate"

Reminds me of someone.
Don’t start conflating one serious social issue with one pertaining to sport. I am an outspoken pro vaxxer and proudly have had both my shots. You want to start talking about serious social issues that’s different to a bit of triviality pertaining to sport.

I don’t really think that this is a conspiracy, I know people in here view footy as everything and it’s all they’ve got, but please, don’t rope me in to this ‘misinformed’ category when I have not denied COVID and am a pro science, pro vax member of society.

I thought you were a bit better than giving labels so liberally. I haven’t personally insulted you, so pull your head in.

May 15, 2007
Central Vic
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Don’t start conflating one serious social issue with one pertaining to sport. I am an outspoken pro vaxxer and proudly have had both my shots. You want to start talking about serious social issues that’s different to a bit of triviality pertaining to sport.

I don’t really think that this is a conspiracy, I know people in here view footy as everything and it’s all they’ve got, but please, don’t rope me in to this ‘misinformed’ category when I have not denied COVID and am a pro science, pro vax member of society.

I thought you were a bit better than giving labels so liberally. I haven’t personally insulted you, so pull your head in.

Oh good one Mr High and Mighty.

I wasn't suggesting you were in that category, simply that you are prepared to take a similar stance on a (yes, very different) matter.

That is, you're prepared to argue against all sensibility and reasoning and refuse to accept reality because you prefer your own 'truth' (cough).

In short, you're happy to put your fingers in your ears and yell 'la la la' when anyone points out how ludicrous your stance is.

Again, you are saying that there is a secret out there that would utterly destroy not only Gil, but the reputation of the AFL? An action so that monstrous that the game would maybe never recover from it.

Yes or No - do you truly believe this?

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Oh good one Mr High and Mighty.

I wasn't suggesting you were in that category, simply that you are prepared to take a similar stance on a (yes, very different) matter.

That is, you're prepared to argue against all sensibility and reasoning and refuse to accept reality because you prefer your own 'truth' (cough).

In short, you're happy to put your fingers in your ears and yell 'la la la' when anyone points out how ludicrous your stance is.

Again, you are saying that there is a secret out there that would utterly destroy not only Gil, but the reputation of the AFL? An action so that monstrous that the game would maybe never recover from it.

Yes or No - do you truly believe this?
How could Gil and AFL officials be held to account over this? They apologised post GF and threw the umpires under the bus.

Next

Apr 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
“I’ve got a great one” yells Gill spilling his pint glass, “how about we risk everything, manipulate the fixture and systematically manipulate the umpiring to favour a team all the way to winning a grand final?”, “why’s that Gill” queries Mike Fitzpatrick, mouth aghast, “why the fu** not” slurs Gill, “it’d be ******* hilarious!!”. “It’s agreed” laughs Mike.

Gil gets his secretary to type up his 20 page memorandum, outlining the AFL’s new modus operandi. She has it cross checked by the chairman and executive commissioners and ticked off by the board. It’s then distributed to the head of umpiring who goes about the task of re-wiring every single umpire in the league.

So now we’ve discovered it’s completely possible and actually incredibly likely…

My earlier take on Danster and DemonDaveys POV. Seems completely realistic :drunk: Just need 50-100 people to hold the secret.

May 15, 2007
Central Vic
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
How could Gil and AFL officials be held to account over this? They apologised post GF and threw the umpires under the bus.

Next

Ha ha ha ha.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 🤣🤣🤣

That doesn't in any way explain how the AFL could 'get away with it'. What a shambles of a reply.

Surely this would give the umpire's association even more reason to disclose to the world that they had been ordered to fix the the GF result through favourable decisions to the Bulldogs?

Why oh why would they feel obligated to protect the bloke who AS YOU STATED threw them under the bus? Please, please, please keep digging and say because they were 'paid off' 🙏🙏🙏🤣🤣🤣 The scandal you have suggested wasn't quite of a large enough magnitude before.

You are so, so bad at this. I imagine you'll shut up shop soon, this is looking really grim.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
credit: https://www.reddit.com/user/jackemcpherson

View attachment 1214360

Pretty standard apart from 2 fairly large outliers in unsociable Tigers and freekick Doggies.

Very interested to see how this holds up over the next month.
Oh it'll hold up the free kick under the Hocking dictatorship has given the free kick reign over every result, and you have tio wonder why sometimes, Franklin gets scragged all the time gets rarely a thing from the umpires and it was the same at Hawthorn for him, Selwood has made a profession of hunting free kicks with his expert shoulder drop, I find that annoying to a point that it is almost cheating in fact it is cheating, he has perfected it along with a couple of others, now whn a tackle that is intended to be legal slips up the body as a player ducks down sideways lifting his arm , who in the AFL decided to make this a free kick even when a finger nail tops the shoulder, and why would a around the neck tackle be called too high these days instead of around the neck which like a push in the back was a free around the neck should be for deliberate tackling around or above the shoulder , its not barely touch a sholder and there is a free and don't tell me they aren't training for it, and the fakery of falling that happens and gee do the trigger happy prancing adjudicators call every single fraction of a millimetre, free kick and rules are killing this game have already won one flag for a club by indecision or wrong take by an umpire blowing instan tly with no time to assess, and that is unfair, and our game is meant to be a contest, if they have grey grey riules somehow the game needs slowing down because frees are at 50 % correct , from what I've seen, how can you have Richmopnd bottom out on umpire favourites then watch the Dogs hit the top of the free kick list , them Geelong and the Eagles , Geelong third West Coast 5th , the question is WHY? EVEN WHEN WE SEE THE UMPS PICK A PAYBACK FREE, OOH YES THAT HAPPENS TOO.

So just that in itself look bad can't blame the prancers , the fact is the pencil pushers trying to create things for what ever reason have slowly killed off what the sport is, now we give away "basketball" fouls, and play pack scrums like Rugby , we run the boudary because most clubs haven't got the talent to get the quickest way to goal or the coach tells them the boundary isd the safest what is that fro to save the coachs job or some bland horrible looking tactic that creates kick to kic or scrum to scrum, when was the game meant to l;ook like that, and the cowards of ex footballers who won't call it out as the umpires let the packs form and go up and down the boundary or in the goal square, and go and go and go and go! Look horrible

Mar 5, 2015
West of Woop Woop
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Marconi, Arsenal, GreenEdge
Noone that I have seen has ever analysed even 1 game and assessed the free kicks paid (valid/invalid) and the free kicks not paid that should have been. If anybody does and the dogs stand out as being kissed on the dick or favoured I'll eat my beanie.

The stupidest most irelevant statistic in football is the simple free kick differential. Other fans see it and scream "favouritism dogs", "corruption" etc. Impartial, objective viewers would say most of our frees are there, and we dont do as many undisciplined things to give kicks away.

But haters gonna hate, and its easier to use meaningless stats than do the hard work of justifying a BS myth.

On sunday Codys last free kick, the one most questioned, the push in the back after he disposed of the ball, Dons player 2 hands in his back. Paid every single time anywhere on the field. And idiots complian that Cody somehow did something wrong. FFS. Stop doing stupid undisciplined things and the free kick differential wont be as glaring. Its really not hard.

Smedts_2

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Oh it'll hold up the free kick under the Hocking dictatorship has given the free kick reign over every result, and you have tio wonder why sometimes, Franklin gets scragged all the time gets rarely a thing from the umpires and it was the same at Hawthorn for him, Selwood has made a profession of hunting free kicks with his expert shoulder drop, I find that annoying to a point that it is almost cheating in fact it is cheating, he has perfected it along with a couple of others, now whn a tackle that is intended to be legal slips up the body as a player ducks down sideways lifting his arm , who in the AFL decided to make this a free kick even when a finger nail tops the shoulder, and why would a around the neck tackle be called too high these days instead of around the neck which like a push in the back was a free around the neck should be for deliberate tackling around or above the shoulder , its not barely touch a sholder and there is a free and don't tell me they aren't training for it, and the fakery of falling that happens and gee do the trigger happy prancing adjudicators call every single fraction of a millimetre, free kick and rules are killing this game have already won one flag for a club by indecision or wrong take by an umpire blowing instan tly with no time to assess, and that is unfair, and our game is meant to be a contest, if they have grey grey riules somehow the game needs slowing down because frees are at 50 % correct , from what I've seen, how can you have Richmopnd bottom out on umpire favourites then watch the Dogs hit the top of the free kick list , them Geelong and the Eagles , Geelong third West Coast 5th , the question is WHY? EVEN WHEN WE SEE THE UMPS PICK A PAYBACK FREE, OOH YES THAT HAPPENS TOO.

So just that in itself look bad can't blame the prancers , the fact is the pencil pushers trying to create things for what ever reason have slowly killed off what the sport is, now we give away "basketball" fouls, and play pack scrums like Rugby , we run the boudary because most clubs haven't got the talent to get the quickest way to goal or the coach tells them the boundary isd the safest what is that fro to save the coachs job or some bland horrible looking tactic that creates kick to kic or scrum to scrum, when was the game meant to l;ook like that, and the cowards of ex footballers who won't call it out as the umpires let the packs form and go up and down the boundary or in the goal square, and go and go and go and go! Look horrible

That's a full stop. Quite handy - try it out.

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Well when you have Macrae, Hunter and Weightman running around for 2 hours looking to drop their knees and throw their heads back then I'm not remotely surprised. All 3 are a disgrace to the game. Not to mention Toby McLean. And then you throw in Bontempelli who gets so much protection from the umps it's laughable. I swear they go into each game trying to find ways not to pay dropping the ball against Bont. Brownlow is definitely his because the umps are always looking out for him, even if subconsciously.

8E645ECA-B336-4F05-B858-47110E79E4EE.jpeg

0A91BC6C-AD90-4FE5-ADAE-72949D85DA57.jpeg

Leigh Matthews Trophy for the Most Valuable Player, presented by Snaffle
Marcus Bontempelli – 1176
Sam Walsh – 426
Touk Miller – 411
Christian Petracca – 338
Jack Steele – 261

Best Captain, presented by The Diamond Guys
Marcus Bontempelli – 224
Max Gawn – 87
Jack Steele - 83
Joel Selwood – 60
Scott Pendlebury – 36

I call that. A landslide.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
View attachment 1224572
View attachment 1224573

Sam Walsh – 426
Touk Miller – 411
Christian Petracca – 338
Jack Steele – 261

Marcus Bontempelli – 224
Max Gawn – 87
Jack Steele - 83
Joel Selwood – 60
Scott Pendlebury – 36

lol yeah, because Sam Walsh is the 2nd best in the league.

Apr 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Surprised to see Petracca and no Oliver?? If you're talking MVP, I'd have Oliver well before Petracca.

Kudos to Bont, has had a stellar year and continues to get better. Such a gun!

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Surprised to see Petracca and no Oliver?? If you're talking MVP, I'd have Oliver well before Petracca.

Kudos to Bont, has had a stellar year and continues to get better. Such a gun!

Na neither of them polled well because the umps pin them for holding the ball.

thedank

All Australian
Mar 2, 2019
Meth City
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Perth
Wild for Oliver to not even be top 5, I doubt the voting players watch all games and probably vote based on who's getting pumped up by the footy media. Certainly not saying he's not deserving he's had a fantastic year but those numbers are off the chain

Apr 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
View attachment 1224572
View attachment 1224573

Sam Walsh – 426
Touk Miller – 411
Christian Petracca – 338
Jack Steele – 261

Marcus Bontempelli – 224
Max Gawn – 87
Jack Steele - 83
Joel Selwood – 60
Scott Pendlebury – 36

Regarding the highlighted section of Dansters, Bont probably gets done holding the ball more than any other Dog, that's often the case with players who make the play.... But you would have known that if you'd actually watched Dogs games.

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Regarding the highlighted section of Dansters, Bont probably gets done holding the ball more than any other Dog, that's often the case with players who make the play.... But you would have known that if you'd actually watched Dogs games.

He gets done 2-3 times a game almost for HTB. Drives me mad but he’s the best player in the game so who cares.

Back