You'll never guess what the 2021 free kick differential chart looks like

Remove this Banner Ad

Really sad to see what they're reduced to without umpire intervention.

I don't think the dogs rolled over in the 3rd as some have suggested. I think the players, like all of us, were waiting with bated breath for the moment the umpires would step in do something. Unbelievably and quite cruelly IMO, the moment just never came and the poor dogs were left to their own devices.
Must have spent all our cash paying them off in the first few finals. If only we were allowed to spend more than other clubs, like if we had some sort of allowance…

I don't think the dogs rolled over in the 3rd as some have suggested. I think the players, like all of us, were waiting with bated breath for the moment the umpires would step in do something. Unbelievably and quite cruelly IMO, the moment just never came and the poor dogs were left to their own devices.
3b99ca09095e7ae9dd62e56c92bf92e0

Denialism: what drives people (ie. you) to reject the truth

In the psychology of human behavior, denialism is a person's choice to deny reality as a way to avoid a psychologically uncomfortable truth. Denialism is an essentially irrational action that withholds the validation of a historical experience or event, when a person refuses to accept an empirically verifiable reality.

The naysayers jump up and down, it can't happen even when bulldozed with free kick stats that say otherwise. Irony it's from an eagles and dogs supporter.

1632710450859.png

In the psychology of human behavior, denialism is a person's choice to deny reality as a way to avoid a psychologically uncomfortable truth. Denialism is an essentially irrational action that withholds the validation of a historical experience or event, when a person refuses to accept an empirically verifiable reality.

The naysayers jump up and down, it can't happen even when bulldozed with free kick stats that say otherwise. Irony it's from an eagles and dogs supporter.

View attachment 1247213

You sent through wrong stats yesterday. Give it a rinse. It’s getting boring. Still to this day, nobody can explain why we have such a low frees against tally.

It becomes a week by week proposition depending on how we’re going. You’d save us a lot of time by just saying you don’t like the dogs because of our performance. If we were on the bottom of the ladder nobody would be mentioning anything. If dogs fans complained as much as this, I’d be embarrassed for my club.

Last edited:

View attachment 1247213
While you’re busy on Wikipedia, look up the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

View attachment 1247213
morons-morons-everywhere-f93afh.jpg

Don't need to guess what the chart looks like:

Free Kick differential 2021.jpg

Interpet that however you like.

But don't ask a Richmond supporter why we get the impression we are umpired differently, or why we don't feel all warm and cuddly towards the maggots.

DS

View attachment 1252900

But don't ask a Richmond supporter why we get the impression we are umpired differently, or why we don't feel all warm and cuddly towards the maggots.

DS

Yet people only want to mention the dogs differential. If we base it off their dumb logic, I guess it means the afl and umpires don’t want you to win games of footy… or hang on.. my favourite one was, the tigers intentionally give free kicks away to slow the game down. You must be upset that the league doesn’t want you to win?
It’s grim.

Yeah, but, the Dogs do have the most favourable free kick percentage of any team over the last 56 years ;)

Hawthorn supporters should never look at the long term free kick stats, must be that poos and wees jumper they wear.

Mind you, nothing compares to the West Coast advantage in home games, truly stunning, they are running at 116.45% at home :eek:

DS

View attachment 1252900

DS
Are you saying every team should have the same differential? Or that every team should be on zero?
Do you think it's unfair that not all teams kick the same number of gols too? :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you saying every team should have the same differential? Or that every team should be on zero?
Do you think it's unfair that not all teams kick the same number of gols too? :$

As I said, make of it what you will. Although I will add, I was answering the question posed by the thread title.

I know that the free kick count will tend to be skewed in some fashion, but to have 2 teams glaringly off the charts does seem a bit weird? No? This should even up over a season, or maybe 5 seasons, just a little bit? No?

This has been going on for a number of years for Richmond: -4.26 in 2020, -1.55 in 2019, -5.45 in 2018 and -2.95 in 2017.

As I also said, don't ask Richmond supporters why we feel we are umpired differently, we see our opposition get more frees every week, and very often for things which we don't get frees for.

Aah, I see you are a West Coast supporter, now I understand. Your free kick percentage for home games is 116%, no-one else comes close. No wonder you see a free kick differential and start waving your arms and saying "nothing to see here, move along".

DS

PS: just by the way, if all teams had the same free kick differential every team would be on zero, learn some maths.

Mate if you’re going to sit on here and take pot shots.. you better hope you don’t have players at your own club who are doing it / have tried it. Regardless of its being fixed or not, it’s still being done. Nobody cares about your tier system or “degrees” - you have players at your own club who are doing it. Stop them from doing it for good and then feel free to start pointing fingers. Until then, you have egg on your face.
This is such a weird argument. It's the same as those morons who say things like "you love the environment but you use a car" or "you think forced labour is bad but you own an iPhone".

Like, yeah, I support the Dees. Just because we have players that have flopped doesn't mean I can't point out others who do it too and hate them snapping their heads back. I hated it when Oliver milked things and I didn't care that he played for us, just like I hate the way Thomas used to flop, and the way Weightman flops.

I don't make the choices on who's on the list, that doesn't bar me from commenting on footy ffs.

This is such a weird argument. It's the same as those morons who say things like "you love the environment but you use a car" or "you think forced labour is bad but you own an iPhone".

Like, yeah, I support the Dees. Just because we have players that have flopped doesn't mean I can't point out others who do it too and hate them snapping their heads back. I hated it when Oliver milked things and I didn't care that he played for us, just like I hate the way Thomas used to flop, and the way Weightman flops.

I don't make the choices on who's on the list, that doesn't bar me from commenting on footy ffs.

Nothing wrong with your post. It’s fair.
I was replying to a demons supporter who was claiming there was different tiers and degree of flop lol. Supposedly Melbourne have players who flop but in “different degrees” so they shouldn’t be compared. I also dislike the way Hunter goes about it.
That poster I quoted literally lives and breaths the argument. 👍🏻

Its a joke.

And its exactly how Shocking wanted it to be.

He changed the rules to hurt Richmond, he has even admitted that as a fact, so mission accomplished

This why this league is a joke, policy on the run by soul less suits who have no idea what they are doing

Not at all, but the coincidence of every single team suddenly becoming more disciplined and giving away less free kicks against Richmond over an extended sample size suggests some sort of cognitive bias. It could be unconscious, I'm not claiming a conspiracy.

Nothing wrong with your post. It’s fair.
I was replying to a demons supporter who was claiming there was different tiers and degree of flop lol. Supposedly Melbourne have players who flop but in “different degrees” so they shouldn’t be compared. I also dislike the way Hunter goes about it.
That poster I quoted literally lives and breaths the argument. 👍🏻

One of the biggest flogs on this site. Gets regularly dunked on the Dees board.

4 weeks locked their hotel room can seriously screw up an umpire.........next yeaar baby.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back