young key forwards, who will be the best and why long term?

young key forwards, who will be the best and why long term?

• jesse hogon

Votes: 107 36.3%
  • josh schache

Votes: 32 10.8%
  • jonathan patton

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • tom boyd

Votes: 40 13.6%
  • paddy mccartin

Votes: 31 10.5%
  • darcy moore

Votes: 33 11.2%
  • joe daniher

Votes: 44 14.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This he's a better ruck/forward than a stay at home forward.

Reckon he can become very damaging in that floating around the field role.
Tom Boyd can kick a it a Mile, i wouldn't be surprised if he was dobbing them from 65m Like Buddy, week in week out.

McCartin is A Beautiful set-shot on goal, ive never really watched him play.
Hogan is not, but he is an excellent field kick of the ball.
I understand its the setshot kicking that FF need to be proficient at, which at this stage his not as much as us MFC members would like, but hey he still kicks the goals, just not as "Beautifully as Paddy McCartin"

We could probably all agree that each one of these guys are special talents in their own way, all will most likely end up being great forwards for their respective clubs.

Am definately looking forward to watching all of these young stars 5 years down the track.

people who voted for tom boyd like myself deserve a big pat on the back.

moore, daniher and boyd are superior talents to the other players on the last with mccartin and schache bringing up the rear

1. Daniher
2. Moore
3. Boyd
4. Hogan
5. Patton
6. Schache
7. McCartin
Ffs Daniher is way over rated by essendon supporters

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Jeremy Cameron (who is the same age as Patton, who is in this poll) kicked 62 goals in an even worse team (1 win for the year and % of 50 v 3 wins and a % of 61), at just 20yo (two years younger than Daniher was this year) yet he's not even in this poll.
Yeah if Cameron was an option he'd definitely be No. 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeremy Cameron (who is the same age as Patton, who is in this poll) kicked 62 goals in an even worse team (1 win for the year and % of 50 v 3 wins and a % of 61), at just 20yo (two years younger than Daniher was this year) yet he's not even in this poll.

Nothing you have said is wrong........

But it doesn't change where players are rated compared to others that are in the poll, which is what was happening.

Shock horror supporters rate player from their footy club.

It's like the Dees supporters are any less guilty of overrating Hogan.
Come on mate, Hogan is the best ever.

Boyd ahead of Hogan ?

Never post again.

Hogan has considerable flaws to his game. Flaws that Boyd, while obviously not as physically developed as hogan, doesn't.

Note this thread isn't about who is better now. It's ok that someone thinks hogan might be behind a few long term. Not everyone shares your bias.

Hogan has considerable flaws to his game. Flaws that Boyd, while obviously not as physically developed as hogan, doesn't.

Note this thread isn't about who is better now. It's ok that someone thinks hogan might be behind a few long term. Not everyone shares your bias.

Hogan doesn't have "considerable flaws" at all. I have confidence he'll sort his set shot routine out. It's a technique issue that shouldn't be too difficult to overcome.

Hogan's craft for a young key forward is extraordinary. So is his tank. His footy smarts are exceptional. Top shelf.

It's only the bias or lack of knowledge from some opposition supporters, or even clueless Melbourne supporters who cry over his "body language" that fail to recognise his talents.

I'm not concerned though, as even the footy stupid will come to appreciate his exploits.

But comparing Hogan to a 16 goal a season forward/ruck was ridiculous.

Hogan doesn't have "considerable flaws" at all. I have confidence he'll sort his set shot routine out. It's a technique issue that shouldn't be too difficult to overcome.

Hogan's craft for a young key forward is extraordinary. So is his tank. His footy smarts are exceptional. Top shelf.

It's only the bias or lack of knowledge from some opposition supporters, or even clueless Melbourne supporters who cry over his "body language" that fail to recognise his talents.

Hogan doesn't have considerable flaws.... except for the one you mentioned straight after that enlightened statement.

Poo poo those who criticise his body language all you like, but he's a bit of a loose cannon and a sook.

You've had a hard on for hogan since the kid was 17, combine that with your misplaced arrogance and here we are.

I'm not disputing hogan has had a better two seasons. However he's at a different physical development stage than Boyd who is proven to have a better temperament, great technique and stands up under pressure on the biggest stage.

When both players hit their peak (hogan is mighty close) I think Boyd might be a bit more valuable.

Compare each of their performances in AFL grand finals.

Hogan doesn't even have a behind to his name, let alone a goal.
Then why is Daniher rated higher than Boyd?

Back