Rumour Young players ask Gold Coast not to pick him in draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Man. I would actually love to play footy in the Gold Coast.

Imagine the weather. Recovery sessions would be a breeze. The atmosphere up there would be crazy. Also if GC were to somehow get good and become a contending team, the popularity of the club would skyrocket.

I would be happy to go ANYWHERE if I was an AFL prospect. Be grateful. It can all end so quickly.

If I had been an 18 year old from Melbourne, Adelaide or Perth around 2010/2011 and likely to be drafted by one of the two new teams Gold Coast or GWS, I would have been saying under my breath, 'Let it be the Gold Coast, please let it be the Gold Coast and not GWS'.

The Gold Coast is a beautiful place, who wouldn't want to live there and realize their dream of playing senior AFL football?

Don't want to move? Simple, don't nominate for the draft, stay in your home state and play VFL, SANFL, WAFL or NEAFL.

The problem is as soon as someone wants out due to 'homesickness' or 'personal reasons' clubs make it happen 99% of the time. Talented players aren't not going to nominate for the draft when they know even if drafted interstate they can get back to where they want to in 2 years.

I think future young players horrified about the mere thought of being drafted to the Gold Coast Suns should take the following pieces of advice on board:

'You stupid boy.' - Captain Mainwaring, Dad's Army

'Dumbass.' - Red Foreman, That 70s Show

'You flaming little idiot.' - Alf Stewart, Home and Away

'Suck it up, Nancy.' - Frank Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

'Stop acting like a fool!' - Mr. T.

'Oh boo-hoo. Little Lord Fauntleroy is so upset because he has to go to a beautiful fun city with perfect weather getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to play professional football.' - Jim Brody (Gord's father), Freddy Got Fingered

There is a difference between having an official documented letter from a medial professional stating that being drafted and away from his support centre will is not in his best interests to a young player saying don't draft me I don't want to play for you.

There is a difference between having an official documented letter from a medial professional stating that being drafted and away from his support centre will is not in his best interests to a young player saying don't draft me I don't want to play for you.
Agreed, getting a doctor's note to say you can't move out of home is much worse than just saying it outright yourself

LOL if such a document exists from a psychologist then said player will simply not last at AFL level whether that be in Melbourne or interstate

LOL if such a document exists from a psychologist then said player will simply not last at AFL level whether that be in Melbourne or interstate
Not saying it does exist but the crows nuffies on here are jumping up and down because they didn't land the SA lads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back