Rumour Young players ask Gold Coast not to pick him in draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Lack of facilities? I'll cop the rest for the time being but we have made sweeping behind the scene changes to rectify all this, but we have just got spanking new facilities this year thanks to the Comm Games. So if you are going to slag my club off at least be accurate.
I can help with that. Your club is a s**t farm that make Carlton look like they have there s**t together.

Christ even bloody gardener has requested a trade out. At least the Carlton s**t farm has some form of a direction.

I can help with that. Your club is a s**t farm that make Carlton look like they have there s**t together.

Christ even bloody gardener has requested a trade out. At least the Carlton s**t farm has some form of a direction.
Geez mate you must be really fishing for a reaction. I know my club isn't in a great spot at the moment, but blokes like David Swallow re-signing give me renewed faith we are making the right moves off the field, moving on people who aren't 100% invested and getting top quality facilities this past year, what we should have had from the start.

I think this is a bit if a storm in a tea cup.

GC faced a reducing list size just like us and you really cant judge them like other clubs.

Lynch and May leaving this year isn't good, but they get compensation and just have to draft wisely. Theur not pkayers who've bolted at the first opportunity.

It was interesting to listen to Adrian Caruso talk on trade radio in depth last year. He was more concerned about draftees being willing to spend extensive time in the seconds developing than the go home factor in the concessions phase.

Like the Suns we've lost a grader's like Treloar and Marchbank after their initial contracts. Some of the fringe players like Plowman, Steele, and WHE would have been really good to hang on to though.

Man. I would actually love to play footy in the Gold Coast.

Imagine the weather. Recovery sessions would be a breeze. The atmosphere up there would be crazy. Also if GC were to somehow get good and become a contending team, the popularity of the club would skyrocket.

I would be happy to go ANYWHERE if I was an AFL prospect. Be grateful. It can all end so quickly.

GC recruiters wouldnt be doing their job properly if they didnt ask the kids what they thought about moving to qld.
Qld is terrible. Crap weather. s**t beaches. Over populated. Over priced realestate. Worst of all if your half good you get to play afl footy year 1.

Now whether you win or not that's a different story .......

If I was a kid getting drafted in the 40s onwards I would be hoping to be picked up by a qld team - lot better chance of making a go of it.

Hi guys

Have this confirmed 100%. Jack Lukosius held a meeting with Gold Coast and told them he has no interest in joining them and pleaded for them to not pick him in the coming draft.

Gold Coast have reported his management to the AFL under the idea of draft tampering and a investigation is happening as we speak.

A fair chance his management are stripped of their licenses to manage AFL players at this point in time, but expect it to be a big story in the next 1-2 weeks

You can take this or leave it and I will not disclose my source for this info under any circumstances so do not ask

Why do Freo supporters feel the need to mascaraed as WCE supporters ?
Pav for AA this looks like reading a lot of your post's.

Not all, time will tell us this answer.
They have been drafted but will they be retained in the long term?????
Different issue as to whether they ACTUALLY stay long term. But do you really think that at a time where all northern clubs (particularly Gold Coast) are so acutely aware of “go-home” issues, that they would use pick 2 on a player who has actually scheduled an interview and said “don’t pick me, I don’t want to go and I’ll leave in two years”

I call bullshit

Different issue as to whether they ACTUALLY stay long term. But do you really think that at a time where all northern clubs (particularly Gold Coast) are so acutely aware of “go-home” issues, that they would use pick 2 on a player who has actually scheduled an interview and said “don’t pick me, I don’t want to go and I’ll leave in two years”

I call bullshit
So your saying the rumour is true that players asked not to be drafted by the GC ???
You were calling it busted a few posts back and now you are confirming it.

Don’t sound to confident in your clubs ability to retain players.

So your saying the rumour is true that players asked not to be drafted by the GC ???
You were calling it busted a few posts back and now you are confirming it.

Don’t sound to confident in your clubs ability to retain players.
I’m saying if it were a true story, there is 0% chance Gold Coast would have taken him and seeing as Lukosius is in Suns colours now, I’d say that it was false information

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an absolute great guy you are ,booooooo.

Well advertised that Bailey Smith said this to most interstate clubs, but the OP clearly states this was about Lukosius which I think at this point has been proven wrong
True, but the frothing at the mouth by some posters over Lukosius and the deafening silence over Smith is hypocrisy at its best and I aim to call it out

True, but the frothing at the mouth by some posters over Lukosius and the deafening silence over Smith is hypocrisy at its best and I aim to call it out
There’s more outrage because Smith saying he wouldn’t move only effects 8/18 teams, Lukosius saying he wouldn’t move effects 16/18 teams.

Just go to any of the other interstate club boards if you want to see their opinions on Smith - I think people are/have been much angrier at Smith than they ever were at Lukosius

The other thing is, it's complete luck how your career goes, and your thoughts at 18 change completely when you're 25.

I would have wanted desperately to play and live in Melbourne for an old, 150-year old historic club, where no matter what happened I'd be part of their story. Forever. If they happened, I'd actually be very very open to a trade to Freo just so I could see my family.

Look at Wingard who thought life would be over if he went interstate. He hasn't had success at Port Adelaide, clearly didn't like some people there, but if he was at GWS you'd imagine the things that drove him out (big egos from the old days) simply wouldn't exist and him at half forward... they'd be a great chance of both having a flag by now. Then of course there's Buckley.

The Suns aren't going to win three flags in a row like the Brisbane Bears would end up doing but things can change, and a great aspiration and idea can end up being a rueful one.

The other thing is, it's complete luck how your career goes, and your thoughts at 18 change completely when you're 25.

I would have wanted desperately to play and live in Melbourne for an old, 150-year old historic club, where no matter what happened I'd be part of their story. Forever. If they happened, I'd actually be very very open to a trade to Freo just so I could see my family.

Look at Wingard who thought life would be over if he went interstate. He hasn't had success at Port Adelaide, clearly didn't like some people there, but if he was at GWS you'd imagine the things that drove him out (big egos from the old days) simply wouldn't exist and him at half forward... they'd be a great chance of both having a flag by now. Then of course there's Buckley.

The Suns aren't going to win three flags in a row like the Brisbane Bears would end up doing but things can change, and a great aspiration and idea can end up being a rueful one.
Interesting fantasy about GWS. Would he cut it in a star studded midfield probably a fair question though.

Wingard? I think he's probably overrated a little bit of a frontrunner but come on, he's getting a game anywhere. Especially at 19.
I'd think he'd get some games.

Have a look at what he's up against in Shiel, Teloar, Ward, Coniglio, Adam's and Greene, and you see cementing a spot wasn't easy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back