smasher

Club Legend
Nov 13, 2004
victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
wallabys
It took Roosy a long time to give guys like the Eski,Vogels,Moore,Phillips and finally Grundy a run later in the season.Do you think the Swans realised that other teams may be looking at some of these players who are all,bar Grundy,Vic boys.
What about Schmidt.What does this guy have to do to get a game.Wouldn't be surprised to see him go home to SA and I can't say I'd blame him.
Any trades likely?

smasher said:
It took Roosy a long time to give guys like the Eski,Vogels,Moore,Phillips and finally Grundy a run later in the season.Do you think the Swans realised that other teams may be looking at some of these players who are all,bar Grundy,Vic boys.
What about Schmidt.What does this guy have to do to get a game.Wouldn't be surprised to see him go home to SA and I can't say I'd blame him.
Any trades likely?

Malceski senior debut last season and played the first 9 matches this year, showing that he is going to become one of the Swans most important midfield players for the next 10 years. In the Round 9 match against the Hawks he did his hamstring and ended up missing the best part of 6 weeks as a result. When fit again he had to play two weeks in the twos to gain match fitness and it was only last week that he made his return to the senior, showing that he ha lost none of his touch or ability. No chance of him being traded.

Moore also made his debut last senior and was a emergency in our Grand Final team, all in his first season at the club - which up to his debut had never given a debut to a first year player coming out of the TAC Cup under the coaching of Paul Roos. This year he has been held back as our top line midfield really hasn't an opening until the likes of Mathews, Crouch and Williams started missing matches. Also he hasn't been helped by the likes of McVeigh and Malceski becoming regular senior players early in the season. Once he got in the side however it was all system's go and he showed great touch in the two matches he did play until a thumb injury forced him out of the side once more. Not up for trade

Vogels played a final in his first season, won a match off his own boot in his second game and played a further 10 for the club over the course of the season. This year he has had to batter Ted Richards for a spot in the side and to be honest Richards is favoured because of fitness. That said he won't be up for trade.

Phillips was moved onto the senior list from the rookie list when Paul Williams retired because of injury. He has a bright future and regardless of what happens from here on in, can't be traded anyway.

Grundy is the future for this club as far as Key Position Forwards go. As in, that's all we have. He isn't up for trade.

Schmidt, has been close to debut a few time but got injured and has had to work himself back into peak fitness once more. Him and Moore are the guys we are looking to use to fill the hole left by Williams.

swans dont play em enough, so other teams dont know if they are good. so i doubt they'll leave.

Kaitsey said:
swans dont play em enough, so other teams dont know if they are good. so i doubt they'll leave.
Heard a rumour Port will find out about Schmidt this weekend and One of the swans has already failed a fitness test and Schmidt will play his first game.

Hopefully some more youngsters get a game before the finals. Especially Schmidt considering his reserves form from this year.

It almost seems that Willoughby will be let go at the end of the year. Fingers crossed that he doesn't.

Anyone want to give me some odds that Ben Mathews will retire at the end of the year? ;)

roosforever said:
Heard a rumour Port will find out about Schmidt this weekend and One of the swans has already failed a fitness test and Schmidt will play his first game.

Fosdike is under a cloud with a calf injury and if he were to miss, Schmidt is the only midfielder in the emergencies - the other two being Doyle and Vogels

Super draft strategy:

Trade Schmidt, Willoughby, Vogels for 1 first round pick each.
Engineer a three way trade to get 2 first round picks for Nick Davis. Throw in Paul Chambers as a 'makeweight'

Draft 5 super players and dominate AFL Canberra next year.

:D
grimlock said:
Super draft strategy:

Trade Schmidt, Willoughby, Vogels for 1 first round pick each.
Engineer a three way trade to get 2 first round picks for Nick Davis. Throw in Paul Chambers as a 'makeweight'

Draft 5 super players and dominate AFL Canberra next year.

Not bad, not bad at all;) :D :p

Good question. Willoughby will probably want to go after three years and no game. Smokey Davis and David Spriggs will be delisted. I don't know about Andrew Ericksen. You would like him to still be there because we need young ruckmen. Chambers would be on a two year contract. Doyle will stay if he can play a few games in the firsts and standup.The rest will stay. With Paul Williams retiring that will leave at least 4 spots available on the list.

TheMase said:
Not if Nat has her way.

Dude, i said they all played like rubbish last night and that they don't deserve a spot in the team whilst quality players like Nick Davis are sitting at home. I'd actually like to go back to back this year but whilst we have players like Phillips playing over Davis, we won't.

natlovestheswans said:
Dude, i said they all played like rubbish last night and that they don't deserve a spot in the team whilst quality players like Nick Davis are sitting at home. I'd actually like to go back to back this year but whilst we have players like Phillips playing over Davis, we won't.
No worries. We will drop all of them. Phillips, Schmidt and Grundy.

Now who do you consider replacements? Sure Nick Davis, as long as he is seen as contributing. But who else???Fosdike is injured, Mathews is injured .... not many other choices!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheMase said:
No worries. We will drop all of them. Phillips, Schmidt and Grundy.

Now who do you consider replacements? Sure Nick Davis, as long as he is seen as contributing. But who else???Fosdike is injured, Mathews is injured .... not many other choices!

Crouch is set to be back aswell.. Fosdike could be back next week too, he's still a bit iffy though. I'm perfectly fine with giving Schmidt another go at it if Fosdike isn't right to go.

natlovestheswans said:

Spot on. There's something wrong at Sydney if Philips gets a game in front of Davis.

Philips is a dud. Was ok at under 16 level, struggled when manned up at under 18 level but he does have lots of guts. He is too small and too outside when playing against MEN.

Put him out of his misery and send him back to mum and dad and local footy at the first opportunity.

It is obvious that the bitter fan of Ricmond above has no idea and should not bother exposing his enviuos arrogent nature on this board.

Simon Phillips had more possessions than every other Swans and tigers player in the last quarter when Sydney thrashedRichmond - note, for the second time this year! His a young player with a lot of talent and your attack is nonsense.He has worked hard in the reserves to win senior selection.

He does bring a very different dimension to the Swans team (and these are different to what Davis brings to the table, hence why one is in and the other is still out), and thus far I have seen no problem with his work ethic or attitude in both reserve and senior games. He is no certainty to be promoted to the senior squad at the end of the year, but I would say he at least gets a second year on the rookie list.

Bengal Tiger said:
Philips is a dud. Was ok at under 16 level, struggled when manned up at under 18 level but he does have lots of guts. He is too small and too outside when playing against MEN.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that a certain Tiger fan played with or against Philips in junior footy. Must hurt to see him playing AFL footy at the reigning premiers, whilst you're reduced to whinging about him online.

CharlieG said:
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that a certain Tiger fan played with or against Philips in junior footy. Must hurt to see him playing AFL footy at the reigning premiers, whilst you're reduced to whinging about him online.

That and the 10 possessions he got in the last quarter against the Tigers a fortnight ago. If he is a dud, then what does that say about every single Richmond player he outplayed a fortnight ago in the final term????

and to think Richmond fans believe they have a bright future under Terry Wallace. No wonder all Swans fans were so quick in rejecting this two-bit hack who can't develop a list any better than the other 15 coaches in the AFL, shows no loyality and in the long run will only take a club backwards not forwards. Scary isn't it??? Considering where the Tiger were when he took over.

music_2000 said:
after watching Grundy play tonight against essendon I would say he is here to stay:thumbsu: he is our next superstar

Considering the fact he is our only young Key Position Forward I would think keeping him would be top of the list in player re-signments after the likes of Kennelly and Malceski.

Roosy has given a few of the younger ones consecutive games in the seniors,probably testing as to whether they are up to AFL.
In my opinion there is no way they would consider trading Grundy,Moore,Malceski or probably Vogels.Phillip.whist he has a heap of work to do on his upper body over summer is still contracted.
I wouldn't be surprised if they used Willoughby(who deserves a chance in the ones) and Schmidt as trade bait.As far as Nick Davis goes I don't think he'll be let go and I don't think another team would want him either.He seems to think he is mightier that thou.

smasher said:
Roosy has given a few of the younger ones consecutive games in the seniors,probably testing as to whether they are up to AFL.
In my opinion there is no way they would consider trading Grundy,Moore,Malceski or probably Vogels.Phillip.whist he has a heap of work to do on his upper body over summer is still contracted.
I wouldn't be surprised if they used Willoughby(who deserves a chance in the ones) and Schmidt as trade bait.As far as Nick Davis goes I don't think he'll be let go and I don't think another team would want him either.He seems to think he is mightier that thou.

RE:philips

Will be interested in how his form will go back in the seconds my thoughts would have to finish of the year dame well. Roosy has givin the lad a go and just hasnt performed and with that it wouldnt surprise if he was traded or cut from list at years end.

Bones_m said:
RE:philips

Will be interested in how his form will go back in the seconds my thoughts would have to finish of the year dame well. Roosy has givin the lad a go and just hasnt performed and with that it wouldnt surprise if he was traded or cut from list at years end.

Auskick is awesome though. He's by far the funniest player out there, Bevo close behind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back