Draft Watcher Young Talent Time 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on Patrick Wilson Yod.

Mature ager, not sure what his tank is like but he could be a lock for Essendon midfield in Round 1.

Haven't seen a heap of him but word is, he thrives on the contest and as a goal kicker would appeal to many clubs. I like him

Rookie Draft

Probably not much to really comment on, given it was mostly recycled players. But there were a few picks I liked...

Brody Mihocek - I remember being keen on him way back in his draft year, must be back when I started following the draft. I thought he was a good player, turns out maybe I was just ahead of my time by 6 years. Just a tough player, marks strongly. Will be interesting to see what his role is, given he's on the slower and less agile side and only 192cm. But he won't die wondering that's for sure.

Patrick Wilson - the other one I've watched for a few years now, glad to see him get a chance. He's a ready made player and plays at a high level at any position. Personally I don't think he's that far behind Tim Kelly as a prospect, who obviously went significantly earlier.

Doulton Langlands - he was one of my under the radar favourites, I just think he's a good player. Doesn't really have any standout elite attributes, but no real glaring weaknesses either. I like him off half back or up on a wing, particularly with his kicking skills.

Otherwise, I liked the selections of Appleby, Giro, Styles and Amartey as 18 year olds. They all could have gone national draft. But it was probably more about the players who weren't picked, there'd be some who consider themselves unlucky. And some BigFooty favourites who I'm not quite so surprised at missing out. But there were a handful of 19 year olds getting picked up which is reason for optimism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back