Young Talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Is he?

Robert Sanchez was loaned out to Forest Green in L2, then Rochdale L1 now a promising young keeper starting in the PL.
GKs peak much later.

Heck look at Meslier and his catalogue of * ups mixed in with the obvious quality. Most the best keepers don't get to the very top clubs until they are 23+

Trent played 14 u23 games before becoming a first team regular at Liverpool at 18 years of age. He clearly didn't need a loan as he was too good.

The 18s is a good level. The u23s is rubbish. He would have faced Rashford, Sancho and Diaz at u18 level and then Tom Powell at u23 level lol

Well that’s just plain bull dust.

Both played plenty of u/18’s and u/23’s
Bith played plenty of U18s because thats what they do as kids. You dont generally loan out 16 year olds. But both had limited U23s exlerience as both were quite clearly ready to make the step up. TAA more so than Jones.

Trent played 14 u23 games before becoming a first team regular at Liverpool at 18 years of age. He clearly didn't need a loan as he was too good.

The 18s is a good level. The u23s is rubbish. He would have faced Rashford, Sancho and Diaz at u18 level and then Tom Powell at u23 level lol

The big teams use the u23s to play 17-19 year olds.

Delap, Romeo Lavia, Livramento, Fish etc.

It's essentially the elite u18 comp...

Last edited:
Called out Declan Rice a few years ago before he had debuted, Jamal Baptiste is tracking on exactly the same lines ATM.

17 year old CB, but been given a go as a defensive midfielder, and has arguably been our best player in pre-season so far.

Got compared to Rio Ferdinand a while back, think he'll definitely get a game at somepoint this season.

Dane Scarlett scoring for the first team overnight. Would expect another W/ST to come in as Kane's backup with Scarlett being our #3 ST this season. Massive wraps on him.

From the highlights young Nile John looked very good as a B2B midfielder. Partnered Winks and was the far superior CM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dane Scarlett scoring for the first team overnight. Would expect another W/ST to come in as Kane's backup with Scarlett being our #3 ST this season. Massive wraps on him.

From the highlights young Nile John looked very good as a B2B midfielder. Partnered Winks and was the far superior CM.
I guess one bonus of the conference league is Scarlett should get plenty of development.

If it wasn't youf keeping out youf I'd be worried. Same week Broja signs a 5 year contract some others want to leave, going out on loan and earning a Chelsea senior spot isnt for everyone.

This is a very low %.

Could probably be re-worded, "Going out on loan and being used as a money making machine isn't for everyone"

This is a very low %.

Could probably be re-worded, "Going out on loan and being used as a money making machine isn't for everyone"

No doubt its a very low % a lot of these kids are joining before their 10th birthdays and im not sure anyone expects many to end up Chelsea standard.

You would have to be naive imo not to realise football academies arent just about growing your own footballers, they need to be profitable too.

No doubt its a very low % a lot of these kids are joining before their 10th birthdays and im not sure anyone expects many to end up Chelsea standard.

You would have to be naive imo not to realise football academies arent just about growing your own footballers, they need to be profitable too.

I'm more referring to the Chelsea model of almost requiring loan spells prior to fighting for first team football.

Look at Gilmour, Gallagher and Tomori. I guess thats why Chelsea fans liked Frank, because he was willing to give the young players a go.

Anyway, it's a moot point.

The Chelsea commentary regarding Bate is promising, with many rating him on par with Gilmour as a prospect.

I'm more referring to the Chelsea model of almost requiring loan spells prior to fighting for first team football.

Look at Gilmour, Gallagher and Tomori. I guess thats why Chelsea fans liked Frank, because he was willing to give the young players a go.

Anyway, it's a moot point.

The Chelsea commentary regarding Bate is promising, with many rating him on par with Gilmour as a prospect.
Got to be remembered that Frank cost us Tomori and Lamptey by not playing them too so for all his and Jodys good work they weren't perfect.

Bate will do well wherever he goes, looks a gem like Gilmour.

It's exactly the type of players I'd much rather us go after versus your Felipe Anderson's etc.

We also had a 600k bid rejected for Kai Kennedy from Rangers who's a 19 yo winger and have been linked with Josh Doig from Hibs who's a young left back, Moyes influence there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back