Young to the midfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there any significance to this?

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 12.36.13 pm.png

Brayshaw (No.8) wore the retro jumper at training last week. This week Young (n.26) is wearing it. Didn't see a photo from behind when Andy was wearing it, so don't know if there were two anchors on the back (or only one or none).

Brayshaw (No.8) wore the retro jumper at training last week. This week Young (n.26) is wearing it. Didn't see a photo from behind when Andy was wearing it, so don't know if there were two anchors on the back (or only one or none).
I'm going to suggest the Freo media team have edited that photo (for the reasons you've stated) ;)

As it turns out we don't need anyone new in the midfield because the coach has a plan.

He's going to replace our best midfielder with:

(a) A guy who has not been getting picked regularly in the best 22, or
(b) A guy who has had his worst year by a mile and shouldn't really be getting picked at all.

Doesn't have many options left. He probably decided to go with the more mature bodies.

Why take him out of the backline? his intercept marking is an awesome asset down there

Has he played midfield at any level since being drafted? Sounds like a disaster waiting tohappen.
I think i remember that they trialled him prior to being drafted. they seemed to think he has potential. But is raw in that position and requires development.

View attachment 1203625

May be that they are taking turns and then auctioning it later?

I would assume we have one player wearing that Guernsey at each training and they get their number on it, nice little thing that was probably player driven as they love the retro

Remove this Banner Ad

Back