Workshop Your 2013 Jumper Ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's something that a lot of people tend to forget:

Both Essendon and Richmond used to have their sash going from the right shoulder, instead of the left. Be interesting to see one of those have the reverse sash as a heritage jumper.
Would a right or left-facing sash be preferable for sponsors?

Would a right or left-facing sash be preferable for sponsors?

Fair point, however it just seems they're the forgotten jumpers. When Richmond first adopted the sash, it was from the right shoulder, not the left. For a while, Essendon players did it both ways, to quote from Mero's site: "Some players chose to sew the sash on the other way" etc.

Both Essendon and Richmond used to have their sash going from the right shoulder, instead of the left. Be interesting to see one of those have the reverse sash as a heritage jumper.
Essendon didn't have that.
Occasionally a few players may have worn it like that, but almost all wore it as it is today.

PS I have a novel, probably controversial suggestion for the 2013 jumpers, that will most likely not happen.

Keep all of the the same as 2012.

Crazy? I know. It probably is.

Except Adelaide's clash, which should look something like this next year:

Wypug.png

I was expecting the 'murder of crows' disaster to be used.
A source of mine confirmed that as the clash at the time of the poll they did, but I'm wondering if they've reconsidered after the feedback they received.

I was expecting the 'murder of crows' disaster to be used.

Am I bad man for secretly wishing for that jumper? ;) It's got an x-factor going for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to see a modern day reversed sash Richmond jumper.

Would it still count as heritage though?
Mate, the AFL aren't the kind of people to respect footy history (see: basically every Heritage Round jumper, their finger-in-ears-lalalala opinion of WAFL/SANFL football). They'll count it if it doesn't cost them money.

Mate, the AFL aren't the kind of people to respect footy history (see: basically every Heritage Round jumper, their finger-in-ears-lalalala opinion of WAFL/SANFL football). They'll count it if it doesn't cost them money.

Fair call.

Are there any plans to re-introduce a proper heritage round again or are teams just going to do what Brisbane and Sydney have been doing in the last few years, wearing a random jumper once a year?

Fair call.

Are there any plans to re-introduce a proper heritage round again or are teams just going to do what Brisbane and Sydney have been doing in the last few years, wearing a random jumper once a year?
I dont think so... although itd be great if they did!

Fair call.

Nobody knows. But I'd hazard a guess and say that it probably hasn't been brought up.

That's because of a few things. Fact: Heritage Round was brought in as an excuse to build up hype and sell more merch. However, the jumpers sold poorly to average. Some clubs even lost money on their designs (I think Melbourne were desperate to get rid of theirs, selling the colour-TV one for $20).

Opinion: The AFL, during Heritage Round, was in a state of comfort. No new clubs and no new franchises on the horizon. Now, we have new clubs. And maybe those clubs (and their well documented needs) are stunting any discussion on a reintroduction of Herro Round. But I'd sooner see a stable and successful Giants and Suns than some jumpers (omg sacrilege).

Nobody knows. But I'd hazard a guess and say that it probably hasn't been brought up.

That's because of a few things. Fact: Heritage Round was brought in as an excuse to build up hype and sell more merch. However, the jumpers sold poorly to average. Some clubs even lost money on their designs (I think Melbourne were desperate to get rid of theirs, selling the colour-TV one for $20).

Opinion: The AFL, during Heritage Round, was in a state of comfort. No new clubs and no new franchises on the horizon. Now, we have new clubs. And maybe those clubs (and their well documented needs) are stunting any discussion on a reintroduction of Herro Round. But I'd sooner see a stable and successful Giants and Suns than some jumpers (omg sacrilege).
Makes sense. But once those clubs are stable financially, itd be great to see the heritage round come back. I remember when I was little, Dad took me to an AFL match and both teams (Swans v Freo) were in weird looking jumpers. An AFL official told us that it was heritage round and why each team had a different outfit. Ever since then its been really interesting to see the reasoning behind each jumper (for example- the 140th anniversary jumper this year at St Kilda)
Itll be great to see GC in (maybe) Southport jumpers and GWS in the TAC Team GWS tops...
WHo knows? We may even have a Tassie side to include as well

the obvious irony here being that the jumpers that probably would have outsold their respective home jumpers in the given years, the 2003 and 2007 port heritage guernseys, were banned from sale by the AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back