Your 2017 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

2 time poster of the year actually, my accounts worth more than yours

Yeah I think he's a chance of winning it
I'll take the top 10 bet
Well there's the self delusional confidence back but you won't apply it to something that matters.
This is the first time you've been asked to be held accountable for the drivel you post and you cower away.
I'm not surprised.

Yeah I think he's a chance of winning it
I think Jack Fitzpatrick is a chance of winning it, just not a good chance.
Back-pedaling at it's finest.
Get your CV in with Gil or your local member's office.

Agree with Topkent in that Daniher probably has just as much potential as Hogan, and you have to commend Daniher's mental fortitude in playing consistently well in such a poor Essendon side.
Both are versatile players. Daniher can go into the ruck at times and relieve Leuenberger, while Hogan can play down back if needed, we've even seen him go into the midfield at times and have an impact.
Based on stats so far you'd have to say Daniher is better as a forward as he takes more marks despite the poor delivery he had this season.
That being said, if Daniher outscores Hogan next season, Melbourne should be ashamed. Essendon has a strong midfield but considering we nabbed their best kick in Hibberd and also have Lewis, Salem and Watts who are elite kicks of the footy, it's a catastrophe if Hogan can't kick 50 while playing as the number one forward.
Unless Weidemann kicks 40 next year or Tim Smith plays better at AFL level than VFL level and kicks 35-odd, Hogan should outscore Daniher who also has Hooker(who is a great mark) playing in the same forward fifty arc.

I dunno mate the reason I think Daniher kicks more is that he will play closer to goal in his career than Hogan, reckon hogan will play up the ground more while Daniher will be the point of attack
Probably what we will be hoping from the Weid to be the same with his height and reach

Well there's the self delusional confidence back but you won't apply it to something that matters.
This is the first time you've been asked to be held accountable for the drivel you post and you cower away.
I'm not surprised.

The first time? Seems like your feelings get hurt in an online debate and by the sounds of it I've hurt your feelings before, I just don't remember you like you seem to remember me

Flattering though
I think Jack Fitzpatrick is a chance of winning it, just not a good chance.
Back-pedaling at it's finest.
Get your CV in with Gil or your local member's office.

Well this is just stupid, can't argue with an idiot though

I dunno mate the reason I think Daniher kicks more is that he will play closer to goal in his career than Hogan, reckon hogan will play up the ground more while Daniher will be the point of attack
Probably what we will be hoping from the Weid to be the same with his height and reach

Daniher like Hogan is a better CHF than FF.

The first time? Seems like your feelings get hurt in an online debate and by the sounds of it I've hurt your feelings before, I just don't remember you like you seem to remember me

Flattering though

Well this is just stupid, can't argue with an idiot though
You predicted Joe Daniher to win the Coleman in 2017 then made a comment about my lack of footy knowledge.
You are in an excellent position to be labeling others as idiots.

Daniher like Hogan is a better CHF than FF.

You think mate? I dunno what defines a FF these days but with the way teams zone and flood Hogan being short needs space whereas Danihers natural height will allow him to beat multiple opponents which Hogan can't ( strength pending )

You think mate? I dunno what defines a FF these days but with the way teams zone and flood Hogan being short needs space whereas Danihers natural height will allow him to beat multiple opponents which Hogan can't ( strength pending )

Daniher has excellent athleticism and is a far more reliable kick for goal the further out he is. He isn't quite Hogan level with the ball on the ground but he isn't far off and is very quick.

If he doesn't gain the strength required he will get completely taken out of games playing at FF anyway because they will just block his run. Darcy Moore will have the same problem, he is two years younger than Joey though.

Daniher should enter Lynch territory this coming year I would think. He is pretty big now, but with this pre-season and entering his 5th season he should be right for a big year, and he has that nasty side you need as well as a key forward.

But honestly I don't think anyone can say how good/bad Essendon will be in 2017 and that will impact how many goals he kicks obviously. He did kick 43 goals in 2016 in a side that did not do him a lot of favours in how they passed the ball to him. And that put him 4 goals outside of the top 10 for the year (which I think someone posted that a case for him not being able to crack could be made).

Just to get back onto the Dee's here. I thought Hogan had an average year, but he did kick 41 goals and really that is pretty red hot (and his first year and second year put him way ahead of Danihers 2nd and 3rd year efforts (Daniher only played 5 games in his first year so I have disregarded that).

Anyways...

Premier: Greater Western Sydney
Grand Final: Greater Western Sydney vs Western Bulldogs
Brownlow: Patrick Dangerfield and Marcus Bontempelli to tie.
Norm Smith: Toby Greene
Coleman: Tom Lynch
Rising Star: I have NFI
Wooden Spoon: Brisbane Lions

MFC position: 8th
Bluey:
MFC Leading Goalkicker:
Will a MFC player be AA? If so who?: Gawn
How many games will Mitch Hannan play?: IDK
How many games will James Harmes play?: IDK

Story of the Year: The amount of head coaches that will be out of a job at the end of this year will be the highest ever.

Premier: Bulldogs
Grand Final: WB vs GWS
Brownlow: Bont
Norm Smith: Stringer
Coleman: Franklin
Rising Star: Hopper
Wooden Spoon: Brisbane

MFC position: 10th
Bluey: Watts
MFC Leading Goalkicker: Hogan
Will a MFC player be AA? If so who?: Gawn
How many games will Mitch Hannan play?: 0
How many games will James Harmes play?: 8

Story of the year: "Make Richmond great again" Hardwick sacked, replaced by Sheedy.

Premier: Sydney
Grand Final: Sydney v Adelaide
Brownlow: Sloane
Norm Smith: Buddy
Coleman: Buddy
Rising Star: Andy McGrath

MFC position: 6th
Bluey: N Jones
Will a MFC player be AA? If so who?: Hogan, Gawn
How many games will James Harmes play?: 14

Story of the year: Crisis in WA football as both West Coast and Freo finish bottom 4

Premier:
Grand Final:
Brownlow:
Norm Smith:
Coleman:
Rising Star:
Wooden Spoon:

MFC position:
Bluey:
MFC Leading Goalkicker:
Will a MFC player be AA? If so who?:
How many games will Mitch Hannan play?:
How many games will James Harmes play?:
Premier: GWS
Grand Final: GWS v Dogs
Brownlow: Fyfe
Norm Smith:Toby Greene
Coleman:Stringer
Rising Star: Petrevski-Seton
Wooden Spoon: Norff

MFC position: 5th-6th
Bluey: Petracca
Will a MFC player be AA? If so who?: Petracca, Gawn, roughy = Hunt
How many games will Mitch Hannan play?: 13
How many games will James Harmes play?: 4

Story of 2017: Travis learn's to 'sort of' kick straight, lifting the dogs to a second GF. Bucks and Eddie jump before being pushed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grand Final: GWS v Dogs
Brownlow: Fyfe
Norm Smith:Toby Greene
Coleman:Stringer
Rising Star: Petrevski-Seton
Wooden Spoon: Norff

MFC position: 5th-6th
Bluey: Petracca
Will a MFC player be AA? If so who?: Petracca, Gawn, roughy = Hunt
How many games will Mitch Hannan play?: 13

Story of 2017: Travis learn's to 'sort of' kick straight, lifting the dogs to a second GF. Bucks and Eddie jump before being pushed

Always glad to see a reasonable opposition poster, I'd be bloody happy with 5th though :D

How come you've got GWS beating your boys in the GF?

Always glad to see a reasonable opposition poster, I'd be bloody happy with 5th though :D

How come you've got GWS beating your boys in the GF?
You can just feel good things happening at the Dees and Sainters, they're getting things sorted on field and importantly off field. 2017 Feels like a very even season and based on what we all saw in 2016, it's difficult to see who will drop out of the eight besides North. I suppose there will be the usual surprises though. A lot of 2016 predictions saw Collingwood, Richmond and Freo in the eight during early 2016!

Felt the Dogs were at their limit getting over GWS in the prelim, best game of 2016 and I was as amazed as anyone to see the Dogs get up in that game.

The GWS will be super strong in 2017, hard to see anybody beating the AFL fed juggernaut.

If I had courage I'd say 1 GWS 2 Dogs 3 Swans 4 Saints 5 Dees......... but I s'pose I'll keep that to myself................

Grand Final: GWS v Swans
Brownlow: Bontempelli
Norm Smith: Callan Ward
Rising Star: McCluggage

MFC position: 7th
Bluey: Viney
Will a MFC player be AA? If so who?: Viney, Gawn
How many games will Mitch Hannan play?: 2
How many games will James Harmes play?: 12

Story of 2017: In a drastic post-season move the AFL relocates Brisbane back to Fitzroy following another year at the bottom and an epidemic of 'homesickness' amongst the playing group.

He's an interesting one. Was drafted in 2012 so has been in the system for a while now. I'd say if he doesn't start gaining that strength by 2017 he never will, and it'll really hurt his footy because you can just block his leap at the ball.

We give Jesse a lot of s**t but the only area Daniher clearly has it over him is reach, both of them are unreliable kicks for goal but Hogan is ahead in all other areas whilst being a year younger.
Daniher is a much longer kick and has a bigger leap too. It will be interesting to watch both their careers unfold.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what JKH and Vandenberg produce in 2017. JKH lit the VFL up in his last few games this season and I think he definitely showed something at AFL level early in his career. He makes good things happen. Just needs better defensive pressure and to be involved more often. I think he might become a player for us next season.
Vandenberg I just love. But he needs to be played as a midfielder, and hopefully can have a run at it injury free next year.
Salem is the other one I'll be watching really closely next year. Too much talent to not be a gun.

Daniher is a much longer kick and has a bigger leap too. It will be interesting to watch both their careers unfold.

Yeah those are fair calls, Daniher can legitimately kick 60m goals where I don't think Jesse can. I reckon Hogan actually has a pretty decent leap but for some reason doesn't use it, he nearly took mark of the year against Freo in Darwin.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what JKH and Vandenberg produce in 2017. JKH lit the VFL up in his last few games this season and I think he definitely showed something at AFL level early in his career. He makes good things happen. Just needs better defensive pressure and to be involved more often. I think he might become a player for us next season.
Vandenberg I just love. But he needs to be played as a midfielder, and hopefully can have a run at it injury free next year.
Salem is the other one I'll be watching really closely next year. Too much talent to not be a gun.

I think JKH just doesn't have enough weapons. I like his disposal and decision making but he isn't an overly long kick, nor is he particularly fast or strong inside. I know you love VDB but I don't see him playing many more than 50 games for us, I just think his disposal isn't up to scratch. I do love his aggression though and wouldn't mind seeing him play a bit more forward if we have a couple injuries so Petracca can play in the middle more (I think he could play the role Petracca does at about the same output as this stage in their careers).

Was talking to my mrs cousin a massive Essendon fan about how they'll go next year. He told me he thinks Essendon will make the 8 this year and top 4 in 2018. I know sometimes I get over enthusiasts about Melbournes chances (I thought we would make the 8 in 2011) but when making these predictions you also have to factor in who slides, which teams are competing for those spots. I asked him if Essendon make the 8 who slides? He said north and maybe Adelaide. What I found funny is he went on to say Richmond supporters are delusional which is true but at least they admit it. Hey we may not make the 8 but I would be disappointed if we Finnish below essendon and richmond (I will lose 50 bux if we finish below richmond.) So my prediction will be essendon and richmond supporters will come back to reality by round 4.

Was talking to my mrs cousin a massive Essendon fan about how they'll go next year. He told me he thinks Essendon will make the 8 this year and top 4 in 2018. I know sometimes I get over enthusiasts about Melbournes chances (I thought we would make the 8 in 2011) but when making these predictions you also have to factor in who slides, which teams are competing for those spots. I asked him if Essendon make the 8 who slides? He said north and maybe Adelaide. What I found funny is he went on to say Richmond supporters are delusional which is true but at least they admit it. Hey we may not make the 8 but I would be disappointed if we Finnish below essendon and richmond (I will lose 50 bux if we finish below richmond.) So my prediction will be essendon and richmond supporters will come back to reality by round 4.

I find there is two types of Essendon supporters, the overly optimistic ones and the realists. I've got three mates that are big Essendon supporters, two of them including a best mate are realists, whereas the other one thinks they can win the flag in 2017. Guess it goes like that with every side, I mean I won't lie I think we are a 20% chance for the top 4 this year.

Grand Final: Giants v Sydney
Brownlow: Bontempelli
Norm Smith: Callan Ward
Coleman: Franklin
Rising Star: Hopper
Wooden Spoon: North Melbourne

MFC position: 7th
Bluey: Lewis
Will a MFC player be AA? If so who?: Gawn & Viney
How many games will Mitch Hannan play?: 7
How many games will James Harmes play?: 6

Story of the year: North Sack Scott and appoint Neeld.

I find there is two types of Essendon supporters, the overly optimistic ones and the realists. I've got three mates that are big Essendon supporters, two of them including a best mate are realists, whereas the other one thinks they can win the flag in 2017. Guess it goes like that with every side, I mean I won't lie I think we are a 20% chance for the top 4 this year.
For me I'm not sure if I grew out of the optimist me, or we've been so horrible in the past 10 years that I've been forced into reality. Maybe that might change when we start making finals again.

Premier: Adelaide
Grand Final: Giants v Adelaide
Brownlow: J P Kennedy
Norm Smith: Rory Sloane
Rising Star: Ben Ainsworth
Wooden Spoon: Richmond

MFC position: 9th
Bluey: Viney
Will a MFC player be AA? If so who?: Watts, Gawn

Story of the year: Cloke kicks a bag against Collingwood Round 1 :rainbow:

For me I'm not sure if I grew out of the optimist me, or we've been so horrible in the past 10 years that I've been forced into reality. Maybe that might change when we start making finals again.
It's starting to rumble here. The last time I seriously thought that the Dees could do it saw me in early high school. For the first time since I genuinely think that if absolutely everything went their way they could do it. Realistically I'm saving money for a flight to an interstate elimination final, but it's nice to dream.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back