Your 2018 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelby had a 70+ point lead going into the last round. He lost/tied because he pointlessly traded Duncan (137) > Crouch (96) for the final round. I really don't understand that move. Sure Carlton had been giving up huge mid scores lately, but they did have 2 taggers playing (Ed Curnow & Kerridge) and Crouch is an injury risk at the best of times. Plus, Duncan had been very consistent all year and was playing GC was always going to tonne up. Only has himself to blame.

Also the team that finished 3rd in AF ended up only 2 points behind the winner (which is only 1 handball in AF/DT scoring) and the team that finished 4th was only 7 points (1 kick & 1 tackle) away from 1st as well.

My SC Season 2018 review. By H2TYW*

Team: Ferris The Bird

Final Overall Rank: 7,203
Total Score: 51,176
Average Score: 2,225
Team Value: $13,213,300

Highest Overall Rank: 6538 (Round 13)
Highest Round Rank: 2281 (Round 21)
Highest Round Score: 2593 (round 18)

Best Decisions:
549579_d5ee2cfc9b864bf0aa6eaa11d13bd587.png
549580_6d102fbfcdb7332529cd7046ed7665ed.PNG

View attachment 550535

- Starting with Hurn :moustache:, Laird, Mitchell, Cogs, Gawn, Heeney, McLean, Devon, Olango :padlock: all were keepers
- Oliver, Mclean, Yeo, Neale my first 4 upgrades
- Danger (604k) and Simpson (501k) in round 9
- Starting with Fritzl, Finlayson, Murray, TKelly, Doedee
- Bringing in Ronke for his big score
- Not much else :'(

Worst Decisions:
- Rage traded Redden and Sicily out in round 3 :drunk:
- Starting with Lobb and Billings. **** me Forwards were a pile of poo this year
- Caring about SC
- In round 11 I traded in Walters and Boak :'(
- Bringing in JJK when there was talk of his leg being amputated

Just Plain Bad Luck:
- Started with Libba. Kinda had a bad feeling after he went down hours into my season. Turned out to be right :think:

Missed the Boat:
- Macrae and maybe Jelly
- Brought in Grundy round 16 and that wanna be Hurn like chip scab seagull campaigner Lloyd round 17 (too late campaigner - season over)

Judd Magic Special Award:
- Yes he is.
- If anyone finds him please alert authorities :p

Special Comments:
- Hurn was a juicy delicious sexy POD, played every game and finished scoring the 37th most points over all
- The byes suck chol

Team History:

View attachment 550539

Trade History:

View attachment 550543

A reasonable amount of Starwark single malt scotch was destroyed in the making of this review

10 premo sideways trades including 5 in the first 5 rounds. wowee.

Best Decisions:

View attachment 550535

- Starting with Hurn :moustache:, Laird, Mitchell, Cogs, Gawn, Heeney, McLean, Devon, Olango :padlock: all were keepers

Worst Decisions:
- Starting with Lobb and Billings. **** me Forwards were a pile of poo this year
- Caring about SC

Just Plain Bad Luck:
- Started with Libba. Kinda had a bad feeling after he went down hours into my season. Turned out to be right :think:

Missed the Boat:
- Macrae and maybe Jelly
- Brought in Grundy round 16 and that wanna be Hurn like chip scab seagull campaigner Lloyd round 17 (too late campaigner - season over)

- Yes he is.

Special Comments:
- Hurn was a juicy delicious sexy POD, played every game and finished scoring the 37th most points over all
- The byes suck chol

Team History:

View attachment 550539

Trade History:

View attachment 550543

A reasonable amount of Starwark single malt scotch was destroyed in the making of this review

Great review campaigner, gave me a good old chuckle. :moustache::thumbsu:

giphy.gif

I don't recall anyone else doing that many sideways trades this year. So yes, yes you are.

Sicily > Fisher in Rd3 was my fave :moustache:

Gov out in a AA year
Redden out, even though I knew he would come good as he had Priddis old role
Sicily out cos he got rubbed out
Lobb was the right move
Libba was a forced trade
Billings was a s**t truck
Lycett had to go so I could get man bun in
Fyfe and JJK got injured
Savage I traded out cos I personally am a *en savage campaigner :moustache:

Shelby had a 70+ point lead going into the last round. He lost/tied because he pointlessly traded Duncan (137) > Crouch (96) for the final round. I really don't understand that move. Sure Carlton had been giving up huge mid scores lately, but they did have 2 taggers playing (Ed Curnow & Kerridge) and Crouch is an injury risk at the best of times. Plus, Duncan had been very consistent all year and was playing GC was always going to tonne up. Only has himself to blame.

Also the team that finished 3rd in AF ended up only 2 points behind the winner (which is only 1 handball in AF/DT scoring) and the team that finished 4th was only 7 points (1 kick & 1 tackle) away from 1st as well.

He explained it on the Traders podcast saying that Crouch meant he equaled those around him, several with Crouch and none with Duncan.
If Duncan did first quarter hammy he drops to 10th. This way he maintains.

But he didn’t expect the other guy to go Titch to Ross which was a winning move.

He explained it on the Traders podcast saying that Crouch meant he equaled those around him, several with Crouch and none with Duncan.
If Duncan did first quarter hammy he drops to 10th. This way he maintains.

But he didn’t expect the other guy to go Titch to Ross which was a winning move.

I noticed quite a few teams on the BF AF forum did the Titch > Ross trade to free up cash for a second upgrade.

I noticed quite a few teams on the BF AF forum did the Titch > Ross trade to free up cash for a second upgrade.

Yup as did I.

Selby said he didn’t because he wanted to bolster his bench cover. Which given sloane and Buddy seems completely Justifiable.

Haven't posted on the board for a while, just haven't had the time during my VCE. This year I finished with my highest rank ever, and really appreciated all the help from you all, see you all next year

Team:
Tim Sumner Time

Final Overall Rank: 840
Total Score: 52,170
Average Score: 2,268
Team Value: $13,376,300
BigFooty Rank: 17th

Was in 3 leagues including a cash league, lost two in the prelim (cash included), and lost the GF of BFDIV8 by 6 points!

Highest Overall Rank: 732 (Round 22)
Highest Round Rank: 1626 (Round 3)
Highest Round Score: 2672 (round 20)

Worst Decision: Starting Jarryd Lyons, and trading in Riley Bonner after Round 1.

Missed out: On Macrae

Best Decision: Bringing in Oliver and Westhoff

History:
upload_2018-8-28_17-23-55.png

Last edited:
Zero research and/or planning went into my starting line-up which resulted in the following monstrosity.

Finishing Rank - 41,486
Total Score - 49,132
Average - 2,136
Team Value - 13,099,000

Highest Season Rank - 27,393 round 2
Lowest Season Rank - 65,394 round 11
Highest Round Rank - 4,351 round 23
Lowest Round Rank - 114,731 round 7

Highest Score - 2,636 round 23
Lowest Score(outside of byes) - 1,853 round 8
First 14 Rounds - 27,667 ave 1,976
Last 9 Rounds - 21,465 ave 2,385

Worst Decisions - Starting with M. Crouch, Jelly, Liberatore, Billings, Greene, Petracca & Witts
- Copping Gibbs (575,800) round 4 and keeping him for the rest of the season

Best Decision - :think:

F***en Injuries
Webster in round 10, out round 14
Fyfe in round 11, out round 17
Sicily in round 14, out round 18
Witherden in round 19, out round 23

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zero research and/or planning went into my starting line-up which resulted in the following monstrosity.

Finishing Rank - 41,486
Total Score - 49,132
Average - 2,136
Team Value - 13,099,000

Highest Season Rank - 27,393 round 2
Lowest Season Rank - 65,394 round 11
Highest Round Rank - 4,351 round 23
Lowest Round Rank - 114,731 round 7

Highest Score - 2,636 round 23
Lowest Score(outside of byes) - 1,853 round 8
First 14 Rounds - 27,667 ave 1,976
Last 9 Rounds - 21,465 ave 2,385

Worst Decisions - Starting with M. Crouch, Jelly, Liberatore, Billings, Greene, Petracca & Witts
- Copping Gibbs (575,800) round 4 and keeping him for the rest of the season

Best Decision - :think:

F***en Injuries
Webster in round 10, out round 14
Fyfe in round 11, out round 17
Sicily in round 14, out round 18
Witherden in round 19, out round 23

I'll be watching your trading plans very closely next year! :p
grim.gif

Finished at 1,347 overall.
Hung outside top 10k for first 6 weeks or so, then made a move pre-byes (thanks to Macrae and Titch), pressing into top 2k over the byes and remaining there until the end.

Good moves:
Trading Macrae in r7, Titch r8 (though should've started with him)
Telly to Lloyd r10
Macrae to Wingard when Macrae was injured, very handy M9/F7 cover towards the end.
Sicily to Gus Brayshaw r18

Bad moves:
Starting with Rayner, Byrne, Dow.
Trading Fisher in then out within a fortnight
Same for Jack Henry
Holding Billings then trading out the week of his omission

Lessons learnt:
Holding premiums can be helpful but not always - held Buddy for a while but worked out okay. Same for Fyfe as I had cheap cover (Wingard/Shuey). Held Parfitt too long. Could have held Macrae if I had another trade to get bench cover at that point.

Avoid the higher priced rookies!

Thanks all for a great season of discussion and advice - congrats to those in the top 100 in particular!

Haven't posted on the board for a while, just haven't had the time during my VCE. This year I finished with my highest rank ever, and really appreciated all the help from you all, see you all next year

Team:
Tim Sumner Time

Final Overall Rank: 840
Total Score: 52,170
Average Score: 2,268
Team Value: $13,376,300
BigFooty Rank: 17th

Was in 3 leagues including a cash league, lost two in the prelim (cash included), and lost the GF of BFDIV8 by 6 points!

Highest Overall Rank: 732 (Round 22)
Highest Round Rank: 1626 (Round 3)
Highest Round Score: 2672 (round 20)

Worst Decision: Starting Jarryd Lyons, and trading in Riley Bonner after Round 1.

Missed out: On Macrae

Best Decision: Bringing in Oliver and Westhoff

History:
View attachment 550847

Must have had a good backbone to your team - very consistent all year
Well done

Best Decisions:

View attachment 550535

Worst Decisions:
- Caring about SC

Just Plain Bad Luck:

Missed the Boat:
- Macrae and maybe Jelly

- Yes he is.

Special Comments:
- The byes suck chol

Team History:

View attachment 550539

Trade History:

View attachment 550543

PS guys, anyone that joined the BigFooty group and finished below this campaigner is getting perma banned.

So on that note, bye.

PS guys, anyone that joined the BigFooty group and finished below this campaigner is getting perma banned.

So on that note, bye.
I had a much better year than last year and I didn't even try :D

Does that make you fell any better :moustache:

Fell apart a little bit in the last round, posting 2394 and falling 1300 ranking spots.
Overall rank: 17 505. Top 9%. Total points 50 440.
Have been a Supercoach battler for a long time, often playing with my heart over my head and copping bad luck after bad luck. This year was a bit different. Went from ranked 35 000th before the byes to my final rank of 17 505, getting up as high as 16 200. Doesn't sound great, but pretty sure this is the first year i've cracked the top 20k. The website doesn't allow me to check my previous years scores for some reason so can't compare.

Best score: 2565 (round 17).
Highest weekly rank: Round 17. 2435. A lot of people copped carnage this round and I was lucky enough to have Giro score 82 as bench cover for Bont.

Best trade in: Clayton Oliver. Had him for 7 weeks with a lowest score of 94. Enjoyed him as a POD in most match ups each week too.
Other notable trade ins: David Mundy had a strong second half of the year after I upgrade ZGL to him.
Grabbed Jake Lloyd before he started going huge.
Matt Crouch was another great POD.

Worst trade in: Adam Treloar. Hamstring snapped after 2 weeks.
Others: Michael Hurely had a great first 4 weeks in my side posting 80's and 100's. Limped to the finished line and was a liability by the end of it.

Best decisions: Taking a punt on Goldstein. It meant missing out on Brodie Grundy, but big Todd enjoyed 9 consecutive 100's and aside from one late season slip up against Brisbane was rock solid most of the year.
Jack Crisp. Late season upgrade for Mihocek. Played a mate in a prelim who panicked and burnt his last trade on Crisp to even up a score, neglecting other players he should have upgraded instead. Ended up giving him a flogging which was nice.

Worst decisions: Started with Brandon Ellis and Big Gov. Right before the first lockout I got rid of Gov because I thought I was too POD heavy and wanted to watch Ellis in the first game of the season strut his stuff for my side. At half time he was on 42 and looking ok. Proceeded to score back to back 50's and I got rid of him before his price dropped (for Elliot Yeo at least). Gov went on to be an All Australian so buggered that one up.
Travis Boak over Devon Smith and betting a mate Trav would average more. Was winning in round 11, then it fell apart.

Next season ideas: Gresham as a POD. Grundy and Gawn locked in the ruck from round 1. Hoping for some juicy DPP to fill out the forward line considering how hard that position was to fill this year. Devon Smith whether he was duel status or not. NOT Travis Boak.

Last edited:
Next season ideas: Gresham as a POD. Grundy and Gawn locked in the ruck from round 1. Hoping for some juicy DPP to fill out the forward line considering how hard that position was to fill this year. Devon Smith whether he was duel status or not. NOT Travis Boak.

I like Gresh too. Do you think he'll be getting more mid time next year or think he can go premo playing mostly forward?

Career best overall for me this year.

Finishing Rank - 1748
Highest Round Rank - 606 (Rd 17)
Highest Season Rank - 941 (Rd 6)
Average Score - 2257
Total Score 51910
Achievements Never left the top 10k, the lowest rank I had was 9180.

Capture.PNG

Completed team:
Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Worse trades: Howe IN over the byes. Judd_Magic yes I fell for this one too.:'( The kent sat on the bench for feck all cover, had to play Tmac in his spot and the kent ultimately cost me when Buddy was a OUT in the Grand Finals.

Best trades: Cogs and Simpson IN Round 3 for Lobb and Crouch, honourable mentions Yeo IN round 7,
Buddy and Grundy also killed it once traded IN.

Overall, pretty stoked with my highest ever SC finish.

Cheers once again to the board for the info, advice, laughs and puppies....in saying that thank **** its over.
Bring on Summer:beercheers: See you splendid kents next year.:thumbsu:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back