Prediction Your 2019 Best 22? (Post Trade Period)

Metalcrusher

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Blackburn United EPL ... sorta
Sam Walsh and perhaps Stocker or Setterfield whomever is ready to go from thes3 two youngsters will play Rd 1.
We need a best 30 FFS …… seriously can't see where we are gunna drop a game this year ……

Haven't even got the president in my bloody side!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

skadoosh

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
All I know is that we have some serious talent on our list right now. It’s now a matter of developing them and having it all put together on field. No pressure but it’s all about coaches now.
I'd disagree. That line of thinking is passive-reactive. And would possibly be why we failed to develop talent previously. Yes, coaches need to do their part. But the job of the new draftee is not to just "have talent". They need to be self-motivated, love challenges, set high goals and push themselves top reach their potential. Ie. Cripps. You wants players who want to be the best, not just do the minimal to "play footy" or "be content with being an average player".
So, it is not all about the coaches. The players are not just computers, whereby the coaches can just hookup the players to a PC and perform firmware updates as they wish. Conversely, it is very much so about the players.

AFL Club
Carlton
This is from afl.com and I can't believe we are 17th for defence.

17. CARLTON An injury that is likely to rule co-captain Sam Docherty out for the entirety of the 2019 season again depletes Carlton's young backline. Although Jacob Weitering, Lachie Plowman, Caleb Marchbank and Lochie O'Brien are early picks, they're all relatively inexperienced and will be forced to carry a lot of the workload next season. Nic Newman is a handy pick-up from the Swans and will aid Kade Simpson and O'Brien in providing some run out of defence. Tom Williamson returns from a season on the sidelines to give the Blues some depth alongside Liam Jones and Harrison Macreadie. However, the fact is this is a team that ranked last for points against in 2018. It's why the Blues are ranked so poorly and why they must improve significantly for the team to rise up the ladder.

B: Nic Newman, Jacob Weitering, Lachie Plowman
HB: Lochie O'Brien, Caleb Marchbank, Kade Simpson

C: Ed Curnow, Will Setterfield, Marc Murphy
HF: Sam Petrevski-Seton, Charlie Curnow, Paddy Dow
F: Mitch McGovern, Harry McKay, Alex Fasolo
FOLL: Matthew Kreuzer, Patrick Cripps, Zac Fisher
I/C: Matthew Kennedy, Tom Williamson, Dale Thomas, Sam Walsh

Defender depth: Sam Docherty*, Angus Schumacher, Harrison Macreadie, Hugh Goddard, Ben Silvagni, Liam Jones

Forward depth: Jack Silvagni, Tom De Koning, Jarrod Garlett, Cam Polson, Patrick Kerr, Levi Casboult, Kym LeBois, Matt Owies, Finbar O'Dwyer, Tom Bugg, Jarrod Pickett*

Midfield depth: Darcy Lang, David Cuningham, Liam Stocker

Ruck depth: Matthew Lobbe, Andrew Phillips

AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers
This is from afl.com and I can't believe we are 17th for defence.

17. CARLTON An injury that is likely to rule co-captain Sam Docherty out for the entirety of the 2019 season again depletes Carlton's young backline. Although Jacob Weitering, Lachie Plowman, Caleb Marchbank and Lochie O'Brien are early picks, they're all relatively inexperienced and will be forced to carry a lot of the workload next season. Nic Newman is a handy pick-up from the Swans and will aid Kade Simpson and O'Brien in providing some run out of defence. Tom Williamson returns from a season on the sidelines to give the Blues some depth alongside Liam Jones and Harrison Macreadie. However, the fact is this is a team that ranked last for points against in 2018. It's why the Blues are ranked so poorly and why they must improve significantly for the team to rise up the ladder.

B: Nic Newman, Jacob Weitering, Lachie Plowman
HB: Lochie O'Brien, Caleb Marchbank, Kade Simpson

C: Ed Curnow, Will Setterfield, Marc Murphy
HF: Sam Petrevski-Seton, Charlie Curnow, Paddy Dow
F: Mitch McGovern, Harry McKay, Alex Fasolo
FOLL: Matthew Kreuzer, Patrick Cripps, Zac Fisher
I/C: Matthew Kennedy, Tom Williamson, Dale Thomas, Sam Walsh

Defender depth: Sam Docherty*, Angus Schumacher, Harrison Macreadie, Hugh Goddard, Ben Silvagni, Liam Jones

Forward depth: Jack Silvagni, Tom De Koning, Jarrod Garlett, Cam Polson, Patrick Kerr, Levi Casboult, Kym LeBois, Matt Owies, Finbar O'Dwyer, Tom Bugg, Jarrod Pickett*

Midfield depth: Darcy Lang, David Cuningham, Liam Stocker

Ruck depth: Matthew Lobbe, Andrew Phillips
Can’t believe as thought we’d be ranked 18th?

All a bit unfair anyway as alot of our issues with being heavily scored against resulted from turnovers further up the ground and being caught on the back foot on the rebound time and time again.

With better skill, stamina and pressure all over the ground would expect it to ease pressure on our defensive unit and up we will surely rise on the all critical afl.com ‘defensive ladder’ :)

Metalcrusher

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Blackburn United EPL ... sorta
Can’t believe as thought we’d be ranked 18th?

All a bit unfair anyway as alot of our issues with being heavily scored against resulted from turnovers further up the ground and being caught on the back foot on the rebound time and time again.

With better skill, stamina and pressure all over the ground would expect it to ease pressure on our defensive unit and up we will surely rise on the all critical afl.com ‘defensive ladder’ :)
Well hard to argue really …… look at our points against :( :( :(

Last edited:

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Heading into 2019. My call for Round One at this stage.

Plowman Jones Marchbank
Garlett Weitering Newman

Kruezer Kennedy Curnow
Murphy Cripps Simpson

Dow Charlie Bugg
McGovern McKay Fisher

Williamson SPS Walsh O'Brien

Last edited:

skadoosh

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Heading into 2019. My call for Round One at this stage.

Plowman Jones Marchbank
Garlett Weitering Newman

Kruezer Kennedy Curnow
Murphy Cripps Simpson

Dow Charlie Bugg
McGovern McKay Fisher

Williamson Thomas Walsh O'Brien
No SPS or Fasolo?

skadoosh

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
SPS in. Fasolo not yet full training and has missed nearly a full season. I think we will go for fully fit players
Good effort. I'd have only Garlett and Bugg as question marks. Others might have Setterfield, Fasolo, Thomas as other possible ins.

gandaal

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Likely Round 1 team

B Weitering, Jones, Plowman
HB Simpson, Marchbank, Newman
C SPS, Kennedy, Thomas
HF Fisher, Charlie Curnow, SPS
F Fasolo, McKay, McGovern
R Kreuzer, Cripps, Murphy
INT Walsh, Setterfield, Dow, Ed Curnow

Let's see how close I am to being right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Carlton
Likely Round 1 team

B Weitering, Jones, Plowman
HB Simpson, Marchbank, Newman
C SPS, Kennedy, Thomas
HF Fisher, Charlie Curnow, SPS
F Fasolo, McKay, McGovern
R Kreuzer, Cripps, Murphy
INT Walsh, Setterfield, Dow, Ed Curnow

Let's see how close I am to being right
We are going to be a very tall in 2019 with Jones, Weitering, Marchbank, Plowman, McGovern, McKay, Curnow, Setterfield, Cripps, Kreuzer and possibly JSOS all possible best 22

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
If he's fully fit come first session in January, I'd back him in to achieve peak fitness levels before round 1.
Ahead of others that have been fully training since September and have played last season. That's impressive

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Just have this feeling the Faz has a point to prove.

I'm really liking the running commentary on how fit SPS and Kennedy are. Exciting times ahead :)
and Charlie, and Dow, and O'Brien, and Walsh, and Silvagni, and O'Brien, and Cripps, and Williamson, and Garlett, and Newman..........................................etc

Yep, exciting times ahead :)

Laphroaig

I Hate You
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm surprised that everyone seems certain that McGovern is playing forward in the same forward line as McKay and Curnow. Throw in Fasolo who is hardly a manic pressure forward and it doesn't look balanced.

I will be unsurprised if it turns out that he is earmarked for a similar role to the one his brother plays.

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm surprised that everyone seems certain that McGovern is playing forward in the same forward line as McKay and Curnow. Throw in Fasolo who is hardly a manic pressure forward and it doesn't look balanced.

I will be unsurprised if it turns out that he is earmarked for a similar role to the one his brother plays.
He & SOS both said he will play forward. Played forward last week. He is mobile as is Charlie. McKay is the only genuine tall and Fasolo is a small. I like the balance especially with another small added.

We haven’t even discussed Kerr & Silvagni yet and I wouldn’t write them off either.

We will be flexible. McKay will ruck, Charlie will have midfield minutes and at times players will be on the bench.

I expect at times to see Cripps Fisher SPS Setterfield Walsh Murphy all spend time up forward.

That is what is exciting

Laphroaig

I Hate You
AFL Club
Carlton
He & SOS both said he will play forward. Played forward last week. He is mobile as is Charlie. McKay is the only genuine tall and Fasolo is a small. I like the balance especially with another small added.

We haven’t even discussed Kerr & Silvagni yet and I wouldn’t write them off either.

We will be flexible. McKay will ruck, Charlie will have midfield minutes and at times players will be on the bench.

I expect at times to see Cripps Fisher SPS Setterfield Walsh Murphy all spend time up forward.

That is what is exciting
Well our opinions differ.

Fasolo might be small, but he is not particularly fast and he is in love with the goalposts. Not so much in love with chasing and pressure. That being the reason Collingwood stamped his ticket.

Mobile big guys are more useful than statue like big guys, but you need more than that. Two pressure forwards is not enough. Richmond will be playing 4 of them, down from 5. And some judges think the addition of Lynch, as talented as he is, will make their forward line as a unit less effective.

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Well our opinions differ.

Fasolo might be small, but he is not particularly fast and he is in love with the goalposts. Not so much in love with chasing and pressure. That being the reason Collingwood stamped his ticket.

Mobile big guys are more useful than statue like big guys, but you need more than that. Two pressure forwards is not enough. Richmond will be playing 4 of them, down from 5. And some judges think the addition of Lynch, as talented as he is, will make their forward line as a unit less effective.
If Fasolo doesn't chase he won't play. No issue.

I think you will be very surprised. Quality ball from a good midfield and a hungry forward line will be great to watch. I also think Bugg will play an important role.

I'm not going to worry about problems that haven't arisen yet but I'm very excited about what we have. ;)

Top Bottom