Prediction Your 2019 Best 22? (Post Trade Period)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Carlton
Plowman - Marchbank - Simpson

Newman - Weitering - Williamson

O'Brien - Kennedy - Murphy

Fisher - Curnow - McGovern

Fasolo - McKay - Bugg

Foll: Kreuzer, Cripps, E. Curnow

I/C: Cuningham, SPS, Walsh, Dow

Em: Setterfield, Thomas

Last edited:
AFL Club
Carlton
Purely for team balance in the side I selected. He would come in for Cuningham or Thomas.

I see no problem in giving him some time in the seconds if AFL team is playing well.

Regarding Plow, I just find it hard to have him in with Weitering, Marchbank and Jones.

He and Dow only miss on team balance.

AFL Club
Carlton
Seen some people select Jones, Weitering, Marchbank and Plowman in the backline...
I just can’t see this happening, I’m probably wrong but can’t remember a team rocking 4 key defenders.
What’s the reasoning? Is it because Jones and Plowman are versatile?

AFL Club
Carlton
Seen some people select Jones, Weitering, Marchbank and Plowman in the backline...
I just can’t see this happening, I’m probably wrong but can’t remember a team rocking 4 key defenders.
What’s the reasoning? Is it because Jones and Plowman are versatile?
Cue Arrow response for the 25th time.

But Hempenshtein, i'm with you. I drop the chaotic Jones in my 22. This fixes two problems. Too tall and rids us of a guy who has no idea what he is doing.

blue89

Debutant
AFL Club
Carlton
Provisional best 22 and their cabinet positions

State - Patrick Cripps/Sam Docherty
Treasury - Caleb Marchbank
Defence - Liam Jones
Atty General - Zac Fisher
Interior - Matthew Kennedy
Agriculture - Lachie Plowman
Commerce - Dale Thomas
Labour - Will Setterfield
Health - Matthew Owies
Housing - Mitch McGovern
Transportation - Angus Schumacher
Energy - Charlie Curnow
Education - Matthew Lobbe
Veterans - Kade Simpson
Homeland security - Jacob Weitering
CIA - Ed Curnow
UN - Jack Silvagni
EPA - Sam Petrevski-Seton
Small Business - Jarrod Pickett
US Trade rep - Tom Bugg
Senior Advisor - Marc Murphy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Carlton
Purely for team balance in the side I selected. He would come in for Cuningham or Thomas.

I see no problem in giving him some time in the seconds if AFL team is playing well.

Regarding Plow, I just find it hard to have him in with Weitering, Marchbank and Jones.

He and Dow only miss on team balance.
I have yet to see a team benefit by leaving out a star for any such reasoning. Dow is clearly a cut above. Thats why SOS took him and why Bolts plays him.

AFL Club
Carlton
Simpson - Weitering - Plowman

Marchbank - Jones - Williamson

McGovern - C. Curnow - Dow

Fisher - McKay - J. Silvagni

F. Lobbe Cripps SPS

I/C. Thomas Polson Walsh Kreuzer

I did this just to show that its getting harder to pick a side.
It's been easy for far too long.

Not meant to be absolute or even my final choices. And I have left out of contention many of those we havent seen in navy blue yet till after the practice matches.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Carlton
Plowman - Marchbank - Simpson

Newman - Weitering - Williamson

Fisher - Curnow - McGovern

Fasolo - McKay - Bugg

Foll: Kreuzer, Cripps, E. Curnow

I/C: Cuningham, SPS, Walsh, Dow

Em: Setterfield, Thomas

Ok, Jones out and the Plow in.

Dow replaces Daisy. Our reserves team will be looking good!

thylacine60

Make me an Admin!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Insert Token EPL Club
ha, ndnb, goes to show we are getting to the stage where putting a best 22 together is harder and harder - at least you had a go not like some (me) who just pot your efforts! when the hawks were winning their flags they had maybe one suss player floating about I reckon - schoenmaker was the hawk supporters' whipping boy - can't wait until we are at that point - good effort - poor daisy - wonder if he will hang about after his career finishes?

HyphensBack

All Australian
AFL Club
Carlton
I also don't rate Daisy - sure he can get some kicks, he is smart enough but the problem is those kicks are not good enough - I think we need creative, line breaking half backs otherwise we will continue to be a team who just don't convert on the scoreboard, the only reason he will play games is because he is smart and some kids may not get the structure/ game plan.
I have reflected on Daisy as like most of us I don't have him in my best team, and didn't have him in my team last year but he played.
I hope this year Newman, Williamson or someone else can stop Daisy playing down back but could Daisy be sent forward as a senior head in our forward line and capture the form of old?

As I mentioned above we are screaming out for a small forward who can kick a goal and applies pressure and I will give him credit he can apply pressure when he is fit and switched on.

Check out his stats summaries - I note he has been playing all over the ground with Carlton but imagine if he could kick a goal a game, lay 4 tackles and two 1%ers up forward. His 1%ers jumped this year maybe due to confidence returning in the body. I would be okay if he gets a game in 2019 but just not in the backline and so maybe Fasolo, Bugg and Daisy will be fighting it out up forward for a spot??
IMG_1451.jpg

AFL Club
Carlton
I think he is more than handy with the ball but just as importantly its his endeavour and direction that is showing the young ones whats required. Cant put a price on that stuff and we are deperately short of experienced leaders by example. I think he has played through pain and desperation many times the last two years and if it wasnt for that hurried kicking he would be much more highly regarded.

thylacine60

Make me an Admin!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Insert Token EPL Club
hard not to love him - just haven't seen a whole lot of consistent impact from him since he came across - he is one of those blokes that is priceless when it comes to his effect on the younger players around him - he sells self-belief which we need in bucketloads at the moment - which is probably a little ironic when you consider his own demons in the early games especially against the pies - I don't expect a lot from him in games now, and it is pointed that some of the things we recall he has achieved in navy are recalled for the simple reason there hasn't been a lot of them - the baulk, the smother etc..........would love love love him to stay around the club when his career is over

Laphroaig

I Hate You
AFL Club
Carlton
........would love love love him to stay around the club when his career is over
One would think you've only got 9 months to wait to see the answer to that one.

He rents a holiday house at the beach, across the road from my place. Also had a block in the same town which he has just sold.

Not definitive I suppose, but it's consistent with a guy getting his ducks in line in advance of a change in financial circumstances.

Jimmae

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tennessee Titans, Tottenham Hotspur
I have reflected on Daisy as like most of us I don't have him in my best team, and didn't have him in my team last year but he played.
I hope this year Newman, Williamson or someone else can stop Daisy playing down back but could Daisy be sent forward as a senior head in our forward line and capture the form of old?

As I mentioned above we are screaming out for a small forward who can kick a goal and applies pressure and I will give him credit he can apply pressure when he is fit and switched on.

Check out his stats summaries - I note he has been playing all over the ground with Carlton but imagine if he could kick a goal a game, lay 4 tackles and two 1%ers up forward. His 1%ers jumped this year maybe due to confidence returning in the body. I would be okay if he gets a game in 2019 but just not in the backline and so maybe Fasolo, Bugg and Daisy will be fighting it out up forward for a spot??
View attachment 601795
You want him rotating HF to wing. That's always been where he does his best work.

Top Bottom