Prediction Your 2019 Best 22? (Post Trade Period)

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton actually did it one season and it made a huge difference..forgot when but definitely this century.

perhaps 3 or so years back when the Rebels had a training base at PP?

If they didn't during that period then that's a real head scratcher... they had all the bloody resources at the ground probably 4 days a week...

Updated Round One: I think we will go with some maturity and strong bodies. Will really be in this one

B: Thomas Jones Plowman
HB: Garlett Weitering Newman

Foll: Phillips SPS Curnow
C: Murphy Cripps Simpson

HF: Cuningham McKay Dow
F: Charlie McGovern Gibbons

Int: Setterfield Jack Walsh Fisher

Updated Round One: I think we will go with some maturity and strong bodies. Will really be in this one

Looks pretty competitive to me

Agree with this. Hadn’t seen it when I posted earlier in a different thread. Apologies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just post one every couple of days to make yourself seem relevant 😳

Sorry was on the phone to a worker that I stood down with pay 4 days ago … situation pending .... he was a train driver in charge of 15500 tons of dirt. Ran through an authority overrun. Sorry I missed your post ….

It's now about "Best 30" for me. That' what we need. Then it's all about balance, fitness and form.

I agree with that 30 statement ... all need to come in a fill a need/role … and not look 2 grades behind. Would be nice to be in that position.

I agree with that 30 statement ... all need to come in a fill a need/role … and not look 2 grades behind. Would be nice to be in that position.

We are getting there. I do a best 22 now and I'm leaving players out I really believe should be in the side. Haven't been able to do that for a long while. Need to keep developing and regenerating though as some olders players retire

I like it Soap. If Fasolo goes alright Monday and trains well I’d say he’d come in at Jacks expense....
Maybe

I like it Soap. If Fasolo goes alright Monday and trains well I’d say he’d come in at Jacks expense....
Maybe

Agree ESKIE. That's why I like it. O'Brien Kennedy Fasolo Kruezer could all be in there without issue. Then there is Marchbank Williamson Docherty Lang Stocker TDK etc etc to come. Getting better all the time

Last edited:

I like your style Soap. Keep putting out updated lists. Then, point out whichever was closest to the mark.

You sly dog you.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We are getting there. I do a best 22 now and I'm leaving players out I really believe should be in the side. Haven't been able to do that for a long while. Need to keep developing and regenerating though as some olders players retire

Need also to generate the surplus players that we can trade for low first rounders that we soon wont have access to......

Final update -

B: Plowman - Jones - Simpson
HB: Thomas - Weitering - Newman
C: Murphy - Setterfield - Walsh
HF: McGovern - C Curnow - Fisher
F: E Curnow - McKay - Polson
R: Phillips - Cripps - SPS
Int: Dow - Cuningham - Fasolo - Garlett

Gibbons desperately unlucky, will be very close, but feel he's competing with Fasolo for a spot and we'll go with experience.

Phillips gets the nod over MK who I'm not convinced will be right to go, and I don't want to take any risks there.

Garlett sneaks into that final bench spot, think he can provide a point of difference running out of defence. Has a lot to learn but have been impressed by the improvement shown week on week.

Some may query Gov, clearly not anywhere near full fitness, but think it's important to get as many games as possible into the tall trio, to build cohesion.

Think the rest just about picks itself for now.

Final update -

B: Plowman - Jones - Simpson
HB: Thomas - Weitering - Newman
C: Murphy - Setterfield - Walsh
HF: McGovern - C Curnow - Fisher
F: E Curnow - McKay - Polson
R: Phillips - Cripps - SPS
Int: Dow - Cuningham - Fasolo - Garlett

Gibbons desperately unlucky, will be very close, but feel he's competing with Fasolo for a spot and we'll go with experience.

Phillips gets the nod over MK who I'm not convinced will be right to go, and I don't want to take any risks there.

Garlett sneaks into that final bench spot, think he can provide a point of difference running out of defence. Has a lot to learn but have been impressed by the improvement shown week on week.

Some may query Gov, clearly not anywhere near full fitness, but think it's important to get as many games as possible into the tall trio, to build cohesion.

Think the rest just about picks itself for now.
Agree with all except Polson over Gibbons. Across all three games, Gibbons has easily outperformed Polson IMO. Gibbons also lead the team in pressure acts with 28 today. Next best was Cunningham with 19.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back