Prediction Your 2019 Best 22? (Post Trade Period)

Remove this Banner Ad

All I know is that we have some serious talent on our list right now. It’s now a matter of developing them and having it all put together on field. No pressure but it’s all about coaches now.

Coaches, Russell & the players themselves. The talent is definitely there. They need to step up and take responsibility

Gotta change my team now Doc is out for the season.
Newman steps straight into his position on the ground leaving one bench spot free.
The three Im thinking of are O'brien, Kennedy and Plowman.
O'Brien would be a handy in but I think Walsh looks set to play a similar role, perhaps with more damage.
Kennedy would add to the midfield rotations but I see his inability to play through injury Brock McLean like. Hopefully a fit Kennedy will move well and prove me wrong.
So Plowman it is.
One defender out, one in.

Marchbank Jones Simpson
Newman Weitering Williamson
Petreski-Seten Cripps Fisher
Murphy McKay C. Curnow
Fasolo McGovern Bugg
Kruezer Dow E. Curnow

Setterfield Thomas Walsh Plowman

Kennedy only had half a quarter where wasn’t playing injured, and that was on the back of twin shoulder recos and a limited preseason. He still managed to average about 18 disposals with 1 full functioning limb.

He’ll play every game he’s fit, hopefully 22.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Round 1 midfield match ups vs Richmond.

Cripps vs Martin
Murphy vs Prestia
Ed Curnow vs Cotchin (tagging/negating role)
Kennedy vs Grigg
Bugg vs Edwards (tagging/negating role)

Reckon if a few things go our way and players can remain fit, we could potentially match Richmond in the midfield.

The biggest question will be how we limit the influence of their forward line.

You answered your own post

Kennedy only had half a quarter where wasn’t playing injured, and that was on the back of twin shoulder recos and a limited preseason. He still managed to average about 18 disposals with 1 full functioning limb.

He’ll play every game he’s fit, hopefully 22.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You may well be right as he played 12 games this year whilst obviously unfit.
Expectations need to be tempered with Kennedy.

B Moving ATM, Alas!, Not enough love
HB Hello … , T1000, Gramps
C Kid Rock, Beast, Nemo
HF DD, Brokeback, Smurf
FF Hans, HmmmK, Mortein
Fol Croozin, Quads, Face on Meth

Bench The Saddler, The President, Willo tit Willo, Federer

Okay proper list apparently my nick names are s**t ….
B Marchbank, Jones, Plowman
HB Newman, Weitering, Simmo
C SPS, Cripps, Fisher
HF Curnow, McGovern, Murphy
FF Fasolo, McKay, Bugg
Fol Kruezer, Dow, Ed Curnow

Last edited:
Okay proper list apparently my nick names are s**t ….
B Marchbank, Jones, Plowman
HB Newman, Weitering, Simmo
C SPS, Cripps, Fisher
HF Curnow, McGovern, Murphy
FF Fasolo, McKay, Bugg
Fol Kruezer, Dow, Ed Curnow

Sam Walsh and perhaps Stocker or Setterfield whomever is ready to go from thes3 two youngsters will play Rd 1.

Sam Walsh and perhaps Stocker or Setterfield whomever is ready to go from thes3 two youngsters will play Rd 1.

We need a best 30 FFS …… seriously can't see where we are gunna drop a game this year ……

Haven't even got the president in my bloody side!!!

We need a best 30 FFS …… seriously can't see where we are gunna drop a game this year ……

Haven't even got the president in my bloody side!!!
The AFL won't let us go undefeated Crush, Crows fans are expecting Pick 1.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I know is that we have some serious talent on our list right now. It’s now a matter of developing them and having it all put together on field. No pressure but it’s all about coaches now.
I'd disagree. That line of thinking is passive-reactive. And would possibly be why we failed to develop talent previously. Yes, coaches need to do their part. But the job of the new draftee is not to just "have talent". They need to be self-motivated, love challenges, set high goals and push themselves top reach their potential. Ie. Cripps. You wants players who want to be the best, not just do the minimal to "play footy" or "be content with being an average player".
So, it is not all about the coaches. The players are not just computers, whereby the coaches can just hookup the players to a PC and perform firmware updates as they wish. Conversely, it is very much so about the players.

This is from afl.com and I can't believe we are 17th for defence.

17. CARLTON An injury that is likely to rule co-captain Sam Docherty out for the entirety of the 2019 season again depletes Carlton's young backline. Although Jacob Weitering, Lachie Plowman, Caleb Marchbank and Lochie O'Brien are early picks, they're all relatively inexperienced and will be forced to carry a lot of the workload next season. Nic Newman is a handy pick-up from the Swans and will aid Kade Simpson and O'Brien in providing some run out of defence. Tom Williamson returns from a season on the sidelines to give the Blues some depth alongside Liam Jones and Harrison Macreadie. However, the fact is this is a team that ranked last for points against in 2018. It's why the Blues are ranked so poorly and why they must improve significantly for the team to rise up the ladder.

B: Nic Newman, Jacob Weitering, Lachie Plowman
HB: Lochie O'Brien, Caleb Marchbank, Kade Simpson

C: Ed Curnow, Will Setterfield, Marc Murphy
HF: Sam Petrevski-Seton, Charlie Curnow, Paddy Dow
F: Mitch McGovern, Harry McKay, Alex Fasolo
FOLL: Matthew Kreuzer, Patrick Cripps, Zac Fisher
I/C: Matthew Kennedy, Tom Williamson, Dale Thomas, Sam Walsh

Defender depth: Sam Docherty*, Angus Schumacher, Harrison Macreadie, Hugh Goddard, Ben Silvagni, Liam Jones

Forward depth: Jack Silvagni, Tom De Koning, Jarrod Garlett, Cam Polson, Patrick Kerr, Levi Casboult, Kym LeBois, Matt Owies, Finbar O'Dwyer, Tom Bugg, Jarrod Pickett*

Midfield depth: Darcy Lang, David Cuningham, Liam Stocker

Ruck depth: Matthew Lobbe, Andrew Phillips

This is from afl.com and I can't believe we are 17th for defence.

17. CARLTON An injury that is likely to rule co-captain Sam Docherty out for the entirety of the 2019 season again depletes Carlton's young backline. Although Jacob Weitering, Lachie Plowman, Caleb Marchbank and Lochie O'Brien are early picks, they're all relatively inexperienced and will be forced to carry a lot of the workload next season. Nic Newman is a handy pick-up from the Swans and will aid Kade Simpson and O'Brien in providing some run out of defence. Tom Williamson returns from a season on the sidelines to give the Blues some depth alongside Liam Jones and Harrison Macreadie. However, the fact is this is a team that ranked last for points against in 2018. It's why the Blues are ranked so poorly and why they must improve significantly for the team to rise up the ladder.

B: Nic Newman, Jacob Weitering, Lachie Plowman
HB: Lochie O'Brien, Caleb Marchbank, Kade Simpson

C: Ed Curnow, Will Setterfield, Marc Murphy
HF: Sam Petrevski-Seton, Charlie Curnow, Paddy Dow
F: Mitch McGovern, Harry McKay, Alex Fasolo
FOLL: Matthew Kreuzer, Patrick Cripps, Zac Fisher
I/C: Matthew Kennedy, Tom Williamson, Dale Thomas, Sam Walsh

Defender depth: Sam Docherty*, Angus Schumacher, Harrison Macreadie, Hugh Goddard, Ben Silvagni, Liam Jones

Forward depth: Jack Silvagni, Tom De Koning, Jarrod Garlett, Cam Polson, Patrick Kerr, Levi Casboult, Kym LeBois, Matt Owies, Finbar O'Dwyer, Tom Bugg, Jarrod Pickett*

Midfield depth: Darcy Lang, David Cuningham, Liam Stocker

Ruck depth: Matthew Lobbe, Andrew Phillips

Can’t believe as thought we’d be ranked 18th?

All a bit unfair anyway as alot of our issues with being heavily scored against resulted from turnovers further up the ground and being caught on the back foot on the rebound time and time again.

With better skill, stamina and pressure all over the ground would expect it to ease pressure on our defensive unit and up we will surely rise on the all critical afl.com ‘defensive ladder’ :)

Can’t believe as thought we’d be ranked 18th?

All a bit unfair anyway as alot of our issues with being heavily scored against resulted from turnovers further up the ground and being caught on the back foot on the rebound time and time again.

With better skill, stamina and pressure all over the ground would expect it to ease pressure on our defensive unit and up we will surely rise on the all critical afl.com ‘defensive ladder’ :)

Well hard to argue really …… look at our points against :( :( :(

Last edited:
Heading into 2019. My call for Round One at this stage.

Plowman Jones Marchbank
Garlett Weitering Newman

Kruezer Kennedy Curnow
Murphy Cripps Simpson

Dow Charlie Bugg
McGovern McKay Fisher

Williamson Thomas Walsh O'Brien

No SPS or Fasolo?

Likely Round 1 team

B Weitering, Jones, Plowman
HB Simpson, Marchbank, Newman
C SPS, Kennedy, Thomas
HF Fisher, Charlie Curnow, SPS
F Fasolo, McKay, McGovern
R Kreuzer, Cripps, Murphy
INT Walsh, Setterfield, Dow, Ed Curnow

Let's see how close I am to being right

We are going to be a very tall in 2019 with Jones, Weitering, Marchbank, Plowman, McGovern, McKay, Curnow, Setterfield, Cripps, Kreuzer and possibly JSOS all possible best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back