Prediction Your 2019 Best 22? (Post Trade Period)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just have this feeling the Faz has a point to prove.

I'm really liking the running commentary on how fit SPS and Kennedy are. Exciting times ahead :)

and Charlie, and Dow, and O'Brien, and Walsh, and Silvagni, and O'Brien, and Cripps, and Williamson, and Garlett, and Newman..........................................etc

Yep, exciting times ahead :)

I'm surprised that everyone seems certain that McGovern is playing forward in the same forward line as McKay and Curnow. Throw in Fasolo who is hardly a manic pressure forward and it doesn't look balanced.

I will be unsurprised if it turns out that he is earmarked for a similar role to the one his brother plays.

I'm surprised that everyone seems certain that McGovern is playing forward in the same forward line as McKay and Curnow. Throw in Fasolo who is hardly a manic pressure forward and it doesn't look balanced.

I will be unsurprised if it turns out that he is earmarked for a similar role to the one his brother plays.

He & SOS both said he will play forward. Played forward last week. He is mobile as is Charlie. McKay is the only genuine tall and Fasolo is a small. I like the balance especially with another small added.

We haven’t even discussed Kerr & Silvagni yet and I wouldn’t write them off either.

We will be flexible. McKay will ruck, Charlie will have midfield minutes and at times players will be on the bench.

I expect at times to see Cripps Fisher SPS Setterfield Walsh Murphy all spend time up forward.

That is what is exciting

He & SOS both said he will play forward. Played forward last week. He is mobile as is Charlie. McKay is the only genuine tall and Fasolo is a small. I like the balance especially with another small added.

We haven’t even discussed Kerr & Silvagni yet and I wouldn’t write them off either.

We will be flexible. McKay will ruck, Charlie will have midfield minutes and at times players will be on the bench.

I expect at times to see Cripps Fisher SPS Setterfield Walsh Murphy all spend time up forward.

That is what is exciting

Well our opinions differ.

Fasolo might be small, but he is not particularly fast and he is in love with the goalposts. Not so much in love with chasing and pressure. That being the reason Collingwood stamped his ticket.

Mobile big guys are more useful than statue like big guys, but you need more than that. Two pressure forwards is not enough. Richmond will be playing 4 of them, down from 5. And some judges think the addition of Lynch, as talented as he is, will make their forward line as a unit less effective.

Fasolo might be small, but he is not particularly fast and he is in love with the goalposts. Not so much in love with chasing and pressure. That being the reason Collingwood stamped his ticket.

Mobile big guys are more useful than statue like big guys, but you need more than that. Two pressure forwards is not enough. Richmond will be playing 4 of them, down from 5. And some judges think the addition of Lynch, as talented as he is, will make their forward line as a unit less effective.

If Fasolo doesn't chase he won't play. No issue.

I think you will be very surprised. Quality ball from a good midfield and a hungry forward line will be great to watch. I also think Bugg will play an important role.

I'm not going to worry about problems that haven't arisen yet but I'm very excited about what we have. ;)

very possible. needs to do a lot of fitness work first

Carrying a fair bit of weight just around his jowls let alone his midrift …… and needs miles in those legs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

god - who'd be a struggling sportsperson

What was that comment aimed at Thy???? He does not look fit …. he wants a crack at AFL ….. he needs to apply himself … or …… get a job like the rest of us I suppose ….

Not sure I’d go as far as saying Richmond played 5 pressure forwards last year.

I’d say more often than not is was Riewoldt, Caddy, another mid/medium (Edwards, Townsend, Graham, etc) then three smalls: Rioli, Butler & Higgins the first choice with Castagna & Bolton as depth.

This year it’s probably going to be Riewoldt, Lynch, Caddy, Rioli, Higgins & Butler, with a chance they play someone like Edwards forward instead of one of the smalls.

If we play Charlie, McKay, Mitch, Fasolo plus 2 of Fisher, SPS, Bugg, Murphy, etc as the smalls our structure isn’t that drastically different to theirs.

Pies will have Cox and Reid/Mihocek, plus mediums in De Goey, Hoskin-Elliott, smaller types in Varcoe, Thomas or Stephenson.

Eagles will have JJK, Darling, Vardy, Cripps, Rioli, Ryan.

I don’t think anyone will play 4 dedicated pressure forwards week-in-week-out next season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure I’d go as far as saying Richmond played 5 pressure forwards last year.

I’d say more often than not is was Riewoldt, Caddy, another mid/medium (Edwards, Townsend, Graham, etc) then three smalls: Rioli, Butler & Higgins the first choice with Castagna & Bolton as depth.

This year it’s probably going to be Riewoldt, Lynch, Caddy, Rioli, Higgins & Butler, with a chance they play someone like Edwards forward instead of one of the smalls.

If we play Charlie, McKay, Mitch, Fasolo plus 2 of Fisher, SPS, Bugg, Murphy, etc as the smalls our structure isn’t that drastically different to theirs.

Pies will have Cox and Reid/Mihocek, plus mediums in De Goey, Hoskin-Elliott, smaller types in Varcoe, Thomas or Stephenson.

Eagles will have JJK, Darling, Vardy, Cripps, Rioli, Ryan.

I don’t think anyone will play 4 dedicated pressure forwards week-in-week-out next season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What I like about our forward line (and rest of side) is we have options and flexibility.

I’m confident in Charlie McGovern McKay Murphy Bugg and hopeful on TDK Kerr LeBois Fasolo Jack Finbar Owies I also expect Cripps Kennedy Setterfield Fisher SPS Walsh Dow to spend time up forward.

The most interesting thing for me will be how Bolts & Co structure it

Best 22 going into Round 1

FB: LIAM JONES JACOB WEITERING TOM WILLIAMSON
HB: KADE SIMPSON CALEB MARCHBANK LACHIE PLOWMAN
C: SAM WALSH PATRICK CRIPPS LACHIE OBRIEN
HF: ZAC FISHER CHARLIE CURNOW MARC MURPHY
FF: PADDY DOW HARRY MCKAY MITCH MCGOVERN
R: MATTHEW KREUZER SAM PETREVSKI SETON MATTHEW KENNEDY
INT: JACK SILVAGNI WILL SETTERFIELD ED CURNOW TOM DEKONING

My preferred pre-season squad:

FB: Plowman Jones Marchbank
HB: Simpson Weitering Williamson
C: Murphy Dow O'Brien
HF: SPS C.Curnow Fisher
FF: McGovern McKay Garlett

R: Kreuzer Cripps Kennedy

Int: Thomas, Walsh, Setterfield, E.Curnow

Rotation: Lang, Bugg, Fasolo, Stocker, TDK, Cuningham, Newman, JSOS, Polson, Lobbe, Macreadie

My Ultimate Best 30 by Years end heading towards finals in 2020

Docherty Macreadie Marchbank
Garlett Weitering Williamson

Kruezer Kennedy SPS
Setterfield Cripps O’Brien

Charlie McKay Fisher
McGovern TDK LeBois

Int: Dow Walsh Plowman Jack Stocker Kerr Phillips Curnow Bugg Fasolo Newman Jones

Having Fasolo isn't ideal and Docherty's injury is just a kick to the Balls, however this 22 looks pretty good!

FB: Plowman, Jones, Marchbank
HB: Docherty, Weitering, Newman
C: Curnow, Cripps, Murphy
R: Kreuzer, Kennedy, Dow
HF: Fisher, Curnow, Petrevski-Seton
FF: Fasolo, McKay, McGovern
I/C: Simpson, O'Brien, Williamson, Setterfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back