Universal Love Your 2019 Grand Final Story

Remove this Banner Ad

Setting, Glasgow Scotland (so understand time diff)

Finished work at 20:15 on the Friday night, picked my non footy but now Tigers barracking mate on the way back to mine. (Plenty beers and provisions bought for Saturdays festivities)

Plan was to have a few beers, watch the 2017 GF, get my mate a bit more up to speed with footy and The Tiges, go to bed at a reasonable time and get up about 4:30am and get going for the day.

Shouldve known better, we are drinking buddies of some 30yrs standing, so the early night didnt happen! Sat drinking til 02:30, we crashed on a couch each and got up with our alarms at 04:30

Hair of the dog, was quickly taken and off we went.
Was great watching The Tigers go about their GF business so well and make it a case of drinking beers in a relaxed mode rather than nervous as fukk!

Other friends who couldnt make the first bounce arrived about 07:30 and joined the party. More converts to footy and The Tiges in progress.

Then the calls from Melbournne started 👍 2 sisters at the game, face timed me The Song at Full Time, plus the celebrations as well as their walk up Swan St. BiL then called (nb he gave a ticket to my Sis, who gave hers up to allow me and him to go to the GF on 2017), great to share with my Tiger siblings and relatives.

Game was immediately put on repeat and watched another twice over the course of the Saturday. ( had to send out for more beers etc mid Sat afternoon).

Made it to bed around midnight I think, long but beautiful day.

Felt great next morning and watched the GF again, albeit sober this time as I started work at midday.

Ive put my requests in for Premiers merch to the troops, so you now have a 54yr old man waiting for the parcel to come, like a kid wishing for Christmas.
Best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back