Prediction Your 2020 Best 22 (Post Trade Period)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well then why engage half way through a debate/interaction. If you or others disagree with my original statement, that's great, share your thoughts. But to post people are "wrong" for posting an opinion seems strange

Let's not pass off opinions as fact

Mate, I don't even know what you're talking about there and again....wasn't this something I raised with you yesterday or the day before? :)

You can have the last word on it, if you want though. This merry-go-round has to stop. Best of days to you and I'll re-enter this thread re Best 22

Well this contradicts your previous statements of where players play, who is competing for spots and who doesn't, it's a fallacy. Of course you need coverage in all areas, but there are more than 7 players that can play in the one area, on any given day

We don't pick a side based on a formula. Sides are picked on a number of factors based on form/flexibility/structure/weather etc.

The balance of the players picked was no different to Bolton, Teague just shuffled the magnets differently

It doesn't contradict it at all.

We do pick a side based on a formula, or structure.
Teague had less players rotating through the midfield than Bolton did.

Well then why engage half way through a debate/interaction. If you or others disagree with my original statement, that's great, share your thoughts. But to post people are "wrong" for posting an opinion seems strange

Let's not pass off opinions as fact

Like you saying we only played 6 backs against St Kilda? Or that GWS had salary and list concessions in 2018?

No.
But when anybody states a 'fact' which incorrect, I'll correct them.

Same

Happy to admit I was wrong about GWS Salary Cap

Would you like to continue with the rest of the debate about different types of players fighting or not fighting for the same spot, or players not being able to play different roles or this whole strict 7 7 7 Teague is supposedly enforcing? Or we can just move on, your call

Lets have a crack at this

My Round 1 Team

B:
Plowman, Jones, Marchbank
HB: Newman, Weitering, Docherty
C: SPS, Walsh, Murphy
HF: Martin, McGovern, Fisher
F: Betts, Casboult, Cuningham
R/FOL: Kreuzer, Cripps, E. Curnow

I/C: Simpson, Setterfield, Gibbons, J. Silvagni

Based on players that are not injured.

I'll have a crack at AFL RD1 team.

Based on the players named for R2 Marsh Series.
I've swapped Plowman in for Newman

Backs: Kade Simpson Caleb Marchbank Liam Jones
Half backs: Sam Docherty Jacob Weitering Lachie Plowman
Centreline: Will Setterfield Patrick Cripps Jack Newnes
Half forwards: Jack Silvagni Levi Casboult Michael Gibbons
Forwards: Eddie Betts Mitch McGovern Zac Fisher
Followers: Matthew Kreuzer Sam Walsh Paddy Dow
Interchange: Jack Martin Marc Murphy Ed Curnow Sam Petrevski-Seton
Emergencies: Nic Newman Tom Williamson David Cuningham, maybe Sam Philp

If we really want Newman/ Williamson in, then the most logical person to be out is Dow

Best 22 Players

1 Cripps
2 Docherty
3 murphy
4 Harry
5 Walsh
6 Charlie
7 Mitch
8 Kreuzer
9 Jones
10 Marchbank
11 Weitering
12 Ed
13 Martin
14 Betts
15 SPS
16 Setterfield
17 Fisher
18 Plowman
19 Simpson
20 Williamson
21 ??
22 ??

Last 2 positions are hard: Select from : Dow, LOB, Gibbons, Newman, Newnes, DC, Stocker, Kennedy, JSOS, Levi

IMO round 1 we will go for experience and fitness- probably out of Gibbons, Newman, Newnes

Simmo gets this every year at this time. By the end of the season he is playing excellent football. One year though, like a broken clock, you will be right

Just watch the games. He can’t even make the fifteen metre useless sideways kicks anymore. All he can do is the long one down the line, which unfortunately doesn’t cut it in 2020. Still hard as nails though. Not in best team. Hoping will be out by mid season otherwise we have bigger issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll have a crack at AFL RD1 team.

Based on the players named for R2 Marsh Series.
I've swapped Plowman in for Newman

Backs: Kade Simpson Caleb Marchbank Liam Jones
Half backs: Sam Docherty Jacob Weitering Lachie Plowman
Centreline: Will Setterfield Patrick Cripps Jack Newnes
Half forwards: Jack Silvagni Levi Casboult Michael Gibbons
Forwards: Eddie Betts Mitch McGovern Zac Fisher
Followers: Matthew Kreuzer Sam Walsh Paddy Dow
Interchange: Jack Martin Marc Murphy Ed Curnow Sam Petrevski-Seton
Emergencies: Nic Newman Tom Williamson David Cuningham, maybe Sam Philp

If we really want Newman/ Williamson in, then the most logical person to be out is Dow

Not really- Williamson and Cunningham should be in the team. Dow should also be in the team. Plowman in with Marchbank, Weitering, Jones makes us too slow down back. Don’t you remember last year how we couldn’t get it out of the backline? Also the reason I don’t want Newman/Simpson in. Need SPS/Willo etc who can use the ball. Killed us last year. I would also suggest they will find a spot for Obrien.

Just watch the games. He can’t even make the fifteen metre useless sideways kicks anymore. All he can do is the long one down the line, which unfortunately doesn’t cut it in 2020. Still hard as nails though. Not in best team. Hoping will be out by mid season otherwise we have bigger issues.

Agreed. Not seeing any benefit in still playing him. That said, Im resigned to him being in the 22

Here's my round 1 team

B- Newman Jones Plowman
HB- Docherty Weitering Williamson
C- Walsh Cripps Setterfield
HF- Fisher Casboult Martin
F- Betts De Koning Kennedy
R- Kreuzer Murphy Curnow
Int- JSOS SPS Cuningham Newnes

It was only a joke but no way in hell would he be fringe atm

If you believe that, then it really wasn't a joke.

It's okay though, we can disagree. I'd prefer Doc, Newman, Willo and SPS running off half back. I'd prefer LOB, Fish, Setters or Martin on the wings. He may get a game ahead of Newnes but then, the price we pay in terms of salary isn't really worth that distinction. Just my opinion though.

If you believe that, then it really wasn't a joke.

It's okay though, we can disagree. I'd prefer Doc, Newman, Willo and SPS running off half back. I'd prefer LOB, Fish, Setters or Martin on the wings. He may get a game ahead of Newnes but then, the price we pay in terms of salary isn't really worth that distinction. Just my opinion though.
It was a joke bringing him up. I’m really not fazed either way about him.
That’s fair enough and I prefer a lot of those names you mentioned but well and truly would prefer Ellis’ output.

Round 1 Prediction, all IMO

Docherty. Jones. Plowman.
SPS. Weitering. Newman.
Walsh. Ed Curnow. Setterfield.
Martin. Casboult. Fisher.
Betts. McGovern. JSOS.
R. Kreuzer. Cripps. Murphy.
I. Simpson. Dow. Gibbons. Cuningham.

E. Williamson. TDK. Philp. Newnes.

Charlie, Harry and Marchbank out injured are all in the Best 22.
Close call for the 22nd spot between Williamson and Cuningham.
Newnes poor disposal places him as a depth player.
LO’b my best guess has things to work on in the VFL before he comes in as a weapon.
First year in several years that we don’t have a draftee who debuts in round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back