Prediction Your 2020 ladder

Remove this Banner Ad

Given the national draft won't have much bearing on the final finishing positions of sides next year and that the trade period is done, what's your final ladder after the H&A season for next year?
I'd like to keep this civil. Opinions are good.
It's a tough assignment.
Given there is normally a (Noah) balter that jumps from the depths and into the finals.
The comp is pretty even.
I'll go first but not with a lot of confidence.

West Coast
Richmond
GWS
Collingwood
Western Bulldogs
Brisbane
Geelong
St Kilda

Fremantle
Hawthorn
Carlton
Port Adelaide
Essendon
Melbourne
Sydney
North Melbourne
Adelaide
Gold Coast

I will give it a crack

West Coast
Richmond
GWS
Collingwood
Western Bulldogs
Brisbane
Geelong
St Kilda

Fremantle
Hawthorn
Carlton
Port Adelaide
Essendon
Melbourne
Sydney
North Melbourne
Adelaide
Gold Coast

West Coast
Richmond
Western Bulldogs
Brisbane
GWS
Collingwood
Geelong
Fremantle

St Kilda
Hawthorn
Carlton
Essendon
Port Adelaide
North Melbourne
Melbourne
Sydney
Adelaide
Gold Coast

Rance back into the side and Balta to play on a wing.

Last edited:
1.Richmond
2.West Coast
3.Bulldogs
4.Collingwood
5.GWS

6.Geelong
7.Brisbane
8.Hawthorn

-----------------------
9.Essendon
10.Port Adelaide
11.St kilda
12.Carlton
13.Melbourne

14.Sydney
15.Adelaide
16.Fremantle
17.North Melbourne
18.Gold Coast

Can Win it. Contenders. Pretenders. Rebuild.

West Coast
Richmond
GWS
Geelong
Collingwood
Brisbane
Western Bulldogs
Essendon
Hawthorn
Melbourne
St Kilda
Fremantle
Carlton
Port Adelaide
Sydney
North Melbourne
Adelaide
Gold Coast

Geelong will win the minor premiership and play the first week at the G. We will manipulate results to play them :)

Geelong
West Coast
Brisbane
Richmond
Collingwood
Western Bulldogs
GWS
Hawthorn

Essendon
Port
St Kilda
Melbourne
Carlton
Norf
Sydney
Adelaide
Fremantle
Gold Coast

1. West Coast - Massively unfair HGA and Dean Margetts factor.
2. GWS - If injury gods smile, will fold in finals.
3. Richmond - Third is where we win flags from.
4. Western Bulldogs - Good list and will be a chance.
5. Collingwood - Grundy will carry them for one more season before pissing off to Adelaide.
6. Geelong - Will win enough games at Skinny Stadium to earn a home final... at the G.
7. Hawthorn - Just so they can knock out Geesook in an MCG EF.
8. Brisbane - Slight downer next season.

9. Ninth Melbourne - :D
10. Fremantle - Will surprise, always a balta!
11. Essendon - Early season premiership certainties that will fade badly... again!
12. Port Adelaide - Sir Ken Hinkley, once wanted by the Richmond BF board, lol.
13. Melbourne - Better than 2019 but not as good as 2018.
14. St Kilda - Will just go around again and not many will care... or notice.
15. Sydney - Buddy will lead them to the glory of 15th.
16. Gold Coast - The Brandon Ellis effect doubles their wins.
17. Adelaide - We broke 'em but good!
18. Carlton - Despite the best efforts of Pittonet, Betts and Stocker.

1. GWS
2. Richmond
3. West Coast
4. Bulldogs
5. Collingwood
6. North Melbourne
7. Brisbane
8. St Kilda

9. Geelong
10. Hawthorn
11. Essendon
12. Melbourne
13. Fremantle
14. Carlton
15. Sydney
16. Port Adelaide
17. Adelaide
18. Gold Coast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond
West coast
GWS
Western Bulldogs
Geelong
Hawthorn
Collingwood
Brisbane

North Melbourne
Essendon
St kilda
Port Adelaide
Fremantle
Sydney
Carlton
Melbourne
Adelaide
Gold coast

Given the national draft won't have much bearing on the final finishing positions of sides next year and that the trade period is done, what's your final ladder after the H&A season for next year?
I'd like to keep this civil. Opinions are good.
It's a tough assignment.
Given there is normally a (Noah) balter that jumps from the depths and into the finals.
The comp is pretty even.
I'll go first but not with a lot of confidence.

West Coast
Richmond
GWS
Collingwood
Western Bulldogs
Brisbane
Geelong
St Kilda

Fremantle
Hawthorn
Carlton
Port Adelaide
Essendon
Melbourne
Sydney
North Melbourne
Adelaide
Gold Coast
I pretty much agree with you.

I think Essendon will slide. I think Melbourne's 2018 was an aberration, they actually do suck. I think the Dogs and Saints will rise. I think WCE and GWS are our main challengers.

I pretty much agree with you.

I think Essendon will slide. I think Melbourne's 2018 was an aberration, they actually do suck. I think the Dogs and Saints will rise. I think WCE and GWS are our main challengers.
agree mate.
I had Carlton higher but the lack of trade action will hurt them. Hate to say it but they will be OK.

West Coast
Richmond
Western Bulldogs
Brisbane
GWS
Collingwood
Geelong
St Kilda

Fremantle
Hawthorn
Carlton
Essendon
Port Adelaide
North Melbourne
Melbourne
Sydney
Adelaide
Gold Coast

Rance back into the side and Balta to play on a wing.
I like it

1. Richmond - we finished 3rd in an injury ravaged season, with a clean run at it should finish top 2.
2. WCE - clearly second best side in it, % could get them top spot
3. GWS - another team hurt by injury in 2019, Jacobs will make their midfield more dangerous
4. Dogs - finally getting a spine to go with a talented midfield group
5. Brisbane - a tougher draw and not catching sides unaware will see them drop a little
6. Geelong - stars are getting older but should still be thereabouts.
7. Pies - another side whose stars are getting older and lacking KPF targets to get them out of jail when smalls are being held
8. Melbourne - soft draw will see them rebound as they'll get some of their key players back fully fit
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9. Saints - as U2 & Green Day sung The Saints Are Coming.
10. Hawthorn - Clarko will get the best out of them but it won't get them into the 8.
11. Port - Hinkley will go down swinging and Port will finish bottom of the mid table group
12. Essendon - Rutten and Caracella will try and replicate what Richmond have done, but they haven't got the right players to do it
13. North - Shaw will quickly realise why Scott left, North are a side that doesn't know if it's rebuilding or trying to contend for the 8, should start rebuilding
14. Swans - Longmire started the rebuild last year and they are still ever reliant on Buddy to make them competitive
15. Fremantle - Home games will get them enough wins to finish above the other 3, big job correcting Lyons mess
16. Carlton - Teague won't be able to rely on the old guys to steal cheap wins and their spine is really lacking, long year ahead
17. Crows - cleared out the footy department and lost a swag of players, the rebuild is on
18. Suns - starting over with major draft help, means playing the kids should be a priority. Will show a lot more promise than previously but kids will run out of steam as the season drags on.

I feel like you guys are way too high on the Eagles. Yeah they've got the hype and an on paper stacked midfield, but Kennedy is cooked, Darlings not a no 1 fwd, their smalls are nothing to write home about and their defense is fragile. I'm putting them outside top 4

1. West Coast - Home ground advantage plus Kelly & a fit Nic Nat, wanting to prove a point after a bad end to 2019, should be firing all year
2. Bulldogs - Came home strong in 2019, one of the best midfields in the game and filled some holes in their list, definite contender
3. Richmond - Will be more like 2019 than 2018. Slow start, play a bunch of kids, then time our run for after the bye
4. GWS - Could contend for #1 if they finally have a good run with injuries
5. Brisbane - No Hodge, tougher draw, but will still be up there
6. Hawthorn - Strong finish to 2019, added a few players, Mitchell is back, would need to have a good run at it in 2020 though as their list is still really old.
7. Geelong - Lost their best player, GAJ is shot, will still be contending for the 8 due to handbag stadium advantage but not enough in 2020
8. Melbourne - Will bounce back with an easy draw just like in 2018, but no chance of doing any damage, dependent on them actually trying over preseason

9. Collingwood - Have been found out, won't get on top of injuries from concrete training ground. Pressure from contract renewals. Oldest list in AFL
10. Fremantle - New coach should help, but lost one of their best players, have the 2nd best player in the league in top form, making up the numbers though
11. StKilda - Should improve after strong trade season, but will take time for them to gel. New coach should have them improving as well.
12. Sydney - Rebuilding quickly around Buddy while they can, have some great young kids, but won't play finals just yet
13. Port Adelaide - Still rebuilding, captain wants to leave, won't be a great year but some good kids coming through
14. Gold Coast - Will time their run to have a strong start to the year, but another year of development should see them win a few more of those close ones
15. Essendon - Where there's smoke there's fire, too many players want out, Rutten will take over after another slow start to the year
16. Carlton - Sure they looked a lot better under Teague, but they have 6 of their best players over 30 and a massive lack of players in their prime (24-29 yo)
17. North Melbourne - Shaw is playing a few players in their best spots, but their list is still crap, they need to bottom out and will
18. Adelaide - Not looking great for next year, they look to have cut out the cancer, but next season will show if that they missed some of it. Exodus will continue

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back