Prediction Your 2024 "Breakout" player?

Remove this Banner Ad

So it begins. The "like a new recruit" line. I can tick that off my bingo list.

Never mind he played most of last year. He can't be worse I suppose.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
After two years out of the game he was never going to perform at his best in his first year back from that..

I expected to see a bit more though.. he was underwhelming to say the least.. But there were glimses.

Hopefully after a full preseason under Burgess…

After two years out of the game he was never going to perform at his best in his first year back from that..

I expected to see a bit more though.. he was underwhelming to say the least.. But there were glimses.

Hopefully after a full preseason under Burgess…
I don’t think he’ll ever make it as a HF, to me he’s a HB/wing or struggling to make the team. I get why they’d want his skill set in the forward line but it just doesn’t work for him.

I don’t think he’ll ever make it as a HF, to me he’s a HB/wing or struggling to make the team. I get why they’d want his skill set in the forward line but it just doesn’t work for him.
The question for me is, if you could only pick 1 of Milera or Brodie Smith to play in the Back 50 next year (and the other, does not get picked in the best 22). Who are you choosing?

I ask, because from memory Milera's best season was the season Brodie Smith was out the entire year with an ACL.

The question for me is, if you could only pick 1 of Milera or Brodie Smith to play in the Back 50 next year (and the other, does not get picked in the best 22). Who are you choosing?

I ask, because from memory Milera's best season was the season Brodie Smith was out the entire year with an ACL.
Milera

Smith is cooked.. was terrible for a lot of this year. And he aint gonna be there for our next finals campaign so we are simply wasting games on him.

Lets find out if Milera can step up next year and take Smiths position..

If he cant.. both can go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully TT to prove me wrong, I still have some serious doubts.

Where are the doubts coming from? Has shown brilliance, has played a couple of cracking games - kicked as many/more goals than Tom Lynch and Jack Reiwoldt at the same stage of career

Obviously needs to keep improving but seems to be tracking as expected at this stage of his career

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

TT ready to go. Was grabbing some good marks at the end of last season.

Parnell and Worrell.

Pedlar if his body holds up.

Taylor and Nankervis will be good players. Nankervis showed a far bit towards the end of the season. It may be they show a bit and are given some opportunity next year or really step up the year after (2024). Perhaps it will be somewhat truncated over 2 seasons.

Soligo to continue his development along with Rachele. Berry to continue his as well.

I am a little less bullish on Schoenberg, although he has shown enough signs. Even less so on Cook. I hope he surprises me.

Hopefully Butts returns to his earlier form and Murray continues to come on.

I consider both McAdam and Fogarty to have already broken out, along with Rankine.

Hamill can be damaging and breaks the lines. His pace and rebound is important for us. It would be great if he can avoid further concussion and stay injury free for the year. I think we will enjoy what he brings!

There is plenty to work with and be excited about.

I subscribe to the rule of thumb: it takes the same time back as the time off to return to pre-injury form.

What else is on the bingo list?
Player x tearing it up on the track.

(Half back/Half forward player) is set for midfield minutes next season.

All players are scoring personal bests in their running and weights.

This is the toughest preseason yet.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Where are the doubts coming from? Has shown brilliance, has played a couple of cracking games - kicked as many/more goals than Tom Lynch and Jack Reiwoldt at the same stage of career

Obviously needs to keep improving but seems to be tracking as expected at this stage of his career

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sooks it up way too much onfield for my liking, always looking at the umps for a free kick. I've said it before someone should sit down with him and show him how the King brothers attack the ball in the air.

Sooks it up way too much onfield for my liking, always looking at the umps for a free kick. I've said it before someone should sit down with him and show him how the King brothers attack the ball in the air.
I hate the sooking too, but sooking is not a bar to bring a great player, as the bravest most heroic player ever in the history of the game (recently retired) shows

I hate the sooking too, but sooking is not a bar to bring a great player, as the bravest most heroic player ever in the history of the game (recently retired) shows

Problem is he plays for Adelaide we don't and never have got soft free kicks in our forward line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back